Seafood Boil bakes.....Can’t figures out the calories I took it. 😑

PetiteSilm
PetiteSilm Posts: 10 Member
Hey everyone! I’m just restarting my weight lost journey!! I been in it for the last week and I lost 7lbs so far! 🥳🥳🥳 My mother and I made seafood boil for the first time in the oven yesterday and it turn out great! We had, 🍤, snow 🦀, 🌽 and sausage, with only Old Bay, no 🧈 and I love 🧈 too! Lol Anyway I just trying to figure out how much calories did I take it? I stop counting my shrimp after 6!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    You'll have to try and guess based off the ingredients, and how much you ate.
  • PetiteSilm
    PetiteSilm Posts: 10 Member
    Alright, but then numbers are not gonna be pretty. Lol 😂
  • harper16
    PetiteSilm wrote: »
    Alright, but then numbers are not gonna be pretty. Lol 😂

That's okay. It sounds delicious.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited May 2020
    Oh, if its a typical Frogmore Stew it won't be bad. You have a boiled sausage, call that 200 calories, some corn pieces usually totaling about an ear and a dozen shrimp and blue crab, which have maybe 100 calories (7 calories each for medium), lemons and limes at 0, maybe a few boiled potato pieces. Call it 500 if you chow down.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Not the same dish, but my OH had lobster and steamers Friday. I always tease him about the amount of butter he uses for this. He embraces this, and when he started eating the lobster gave a sign of satisfaction and said, "Butter meat." He probably had 500 calories in butter alone.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Oh, if its a typical Frogmore Stew it won't be bad. You have a boiled sausage, call that 200 calories, some corn pieces usually totaling about an ear and a dozen shrimp and blue crab, which have maybe 100 calories (7 calories each for medium), lemons and limes at 0, maybe a few boiled potato pieces. Call it 500 if you chow down.

Unfortunately those numbers have no bearing since you don't know how much she ate. Some sausages I buy are 300 calories for just 1. What if she ate equivalent of 2?
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited May 2020
    VeryKatie wrote: »

Unfortunately those numbers have no bearing since you don't know how much she ate. Some sausages I buy are 300 calories for just 1. What if she ate equivalent of 2?

Ever have Frogmore stew? I doubt it or you would not have made this remark. The sausage is insignificant in low country boil. A few sections cut up to give it a smokey flavor. It all about the shrimp and blue crab and sweet corn.
  • harper16

Ever have Frogmore stew? I doubt it or you would not have made this remark. The sausage is insignificant in low country boil. A few sections cut up to give it a smokey flavor. It all about the shrimp and blue crab and sweet corn.

But, what if OP really likes sausage and added a bunch to eat. Until she decides to respond, if she wants to. You can't be sure that someone is wrong about the ingredients she used or ate.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member

Considering she never called it frogmore stew, youre assuming she randomly eats the same recipe as you. You have no idea how much she ate. SHE has no idea how much she ate.