NOO Salads

Options
Can you lose weight and get healthy not having any salads. I'm just starting to try and lose weight with meal prepping and I hate salads. But I was told you need raw veggies to get healthy.
Thanks

Replies

• mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    No salads required 🙂. I don’t like to feel hungry. That’s when I start making bad choices. So I load my meals with veggies but not always a salad. I started with salads a lot at first but got a bit burned out. I put lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers with some meat in a wrap, make stir fry or fajitas with tons of veggies, roast veggies as a side for dinner. Veggies are good but you can eat them other ways.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I love salads, but certainly you don't have to eat them. There are other ways to eat raw veg, but if you only like veg cooked, you can certainly have a healthy and nutrient dense diet relying on cooked veg (and not raw) for your vegetables.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I can't eat raw veg at all and I lose weight just fine eating them cooked. But I do miss salads!
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I dont eat salads or fruit.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat a salad and have lost 50 lbs.

Veggies are a part of a healthy diet and ideally you would eat them (in a salad or some other way) but not eating salads won’t prevent you from losing weight. Salads can actually be a huge calorie bomb anyway.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    There abolutely no "need" to eat salads to lose wt. Just eat fewer cals of whatever you eat than you burn and you'll lose wt.

Personally, I'm mainly a meat eater but I also eat lots of fruit & veggies.

I don't "hate" salads but I seldom eat them because they require too much food prep and the ingredients (lettuce, tomatos, cucumbers & avocados, in particular) are prone to spoil too quickly.

That said, I happened to make a salad yesterday and have enough stuff to make another that I have to remember to eat in the next day or too before the stuff spoils.

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Salads aren't my thing either.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat salads. In my case it's because I'm lazy. I would rather eat raw veggies whole like you would an apple than spend time prepping. If I'm not cooking, I'm not chopping. I like them better whole anyway.

You don't need to eat salads or raw veggies. Eat them cooked if that's what you like. Most nutrients survive cooking just fine, and those that are affected by cooking are usually so abundant that you'll still get your needs and more even after the percentage decrease after cooking.