How often do yall track?

Options
Currently im 8 months in tracking everyday ... I weigh my food mostly and make recipes using the recipe thing. I had a bout with binge eating so i found this out tracked macros and havent had a true " i cant have this food " feeling yet (iifym/calories) . i like tracking but i just want to get a feel .. How much do yall track everyday

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am currently maintaining/recomping. I haven't tracked my food intake in about 5 years. I have gained (on purpose), maintained and lost weight during that time.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I log what I eat every day! Currently I have a streak of 138 days. Even now with my gym being closed I am logging even though I am not losing weight. I guess it is partly because I am not exercising. But I know if I did not log my food I would be going up. I have used MFP for years. Once upon a time I weighed 250 lbs. I lost 75 lbs but have still gone up and down some. Logging keeps me maintaining and losing if I exercise.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I track every meal every day, as well as all calorie burning activity.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I track my food one or two days a year to help plan my fuelling and nutrition for very long cycle rides.
    Tracking food isn't necessary for me to control/manipulate my weight so of little benefit to me.

I track my exercise to give me an idea of my very variable calorie allowance.
  • alabastermama
    alabastermama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I log my food everyday(no matter what i eat) and any activity I do that burns a significant amount of calories.(no diet plan and daily exercise). Been tracking since February(19.6 lbs down)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    Options
    Are u asking about tracking in maintenance?

I track every day but my logging is quite loose ( guestimations, averages etc) and I don't track at all on vacations.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Weighing & Tracking all food daily for the past 970 days...did quite a few months here or there prior, but mot with a food scale.

I want to maintain my 71lb loss. Tracking helps me do that, as I don’t get clear hunger signals & I was obese for 40 years, and the tracking helps me from Falling back to those old ways of eating.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I reached my goal weight in November 2019. I'm getting sick of logging at this point, but I know I have to continue to do it.

Out of sight, out of mind. If I stop logging, I'll start the habits that made me obese. Logging every day and weighing myself at least every few days are my two tools for self-control. I do NOT want to become obese again.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    When I'm good and on track, I'm logging everything, everyday. When I stop logging, my portions get out of control.
  • 425Recess
    425Recess Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am a daily tracker. I may miss a day but very seldom. I know it has keep my weight on track for about 20 years. But besides the calories, I like watching my fruits and veggies so I don't skip veggies to keep my calories down and eat something not so good for me. That said, I'm loose with weighing/measuring every bite. At this point, I do a lot of estimating.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    425Recess wrote: »
    I am a daily tracker. I may miss a day but very seldom. I know it has keep my weight on track for about 20 years. But besides the calories, I like watching my fruits and veggies so I don't skip veggies to keep my calories down and eat something not so good for me. That said, I'm loose with weighing/measuring every bite. At this point, I do a lot of estimating.

@425Recess
    YES! Fruits/Veg (and that reduces saturated fat for me) is one of the main reasons I am tracking daily. I also love looking at the trends in my data.

Congratulations on 20 years!!
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I still track every day.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Tracking daily now. I will go for a few months at a time not tracking or loosely tracking (ie, track breakfast and lunch, guesstimate dinner), which usually results in a small gain over time. When I hit the top of my maintenance range, or, occasionally, my “oh *bleep*” number, I start fully tracking again until I’m down the 3-7lbs. And track for a while, then start again. The freedom of not always tracking every day means I will gain a few pounds, which is a trade off I’m willing to live with. Until I’m not.