Serious Plateau

So I've been eating around 1400 calories consistently for a year and lost 60lbs (Yay), but this all stopped a few months ago and I just started maintaining my weight. So like any good girl I dropped my calories even more and....nothing....still maintaining. Went to get my metabolism tested today to see what my RMR is and its 1500....so why on earth am i not loosing any weight?!? I am very meticulous about my food intake, weigh everything (food and myself) (even used weights to ensure my scale(s) were not off). Even if we say that I am holding onto the max 5lbs of water for some reason I still should have hit my next goal by now. I do not binge, I literally eat the same exact thing daily. What is going on?!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Can you share your height and current weight, and how much weight are you trying to lose?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    harper16 wrote: »
    Can you share your height and current weight, and how much weight are you trying to lose?

This.

Also, do you exercise?

And have you had a check up or blood work recently? You are eating terribly low fat and protein, and if that has been going on longer than the week or so of your diary I peeked at, there is the possibility you are dealing with some nutritional or hormonal issues caused by that.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    How about eating more...or at least eat more on the weekends.. then go back to your 1400 a day during the week.
    Also..make sure you take a few rest days from exercising.. Eating more has worked to get me out of stall before.
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Yes I agree with eating more. It sounds counter intuitive but it works. Eating more will stimulate your body’s metabolism. Also increase your cardio exercise at the same time. You don’t have to increase your caloric intake overall , just a couple days a week.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,007 Member
    I was eating 1600 calories a day. When I went up to 2000 I started losing again. I had lost 70lbs fast. Then NOTHING for months. Imo eating lower isn’t the answer. I’m no expert, I worked through it with someone I met elsewhere online. She warned me about possibly gaining first but I didn’t. I’m still kinda stuck currently but tweaking a few things and I think I’m back on track.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    A large proportion of your low calorie intake seems to be coming from red zinfandel.
    Your protein is very low.
    Your fat intake is extraordinarily low.

Think it's time to review your diet for your health, personally I would prioritise that way ahead of weight loss.