MUSIC?! ah yeah.

riffwalkdale
riffwalkdale Posts: 241 Member
Tell me in-depth about your favorite musical style, musician, band, or era of music.

Replies

• ClimbingWolf
    ClimbingWolf Posts: 298 Member
    My musical taste is just like my brains.. all over the place lol
    Can enjoy some good old school hiphop, Run DMC all the way to Beyonce and back to Paul Simon... and back to Stormzy.. and to Buju Banton.. to some good old AC/DC... it depends on my mood I guess, yours?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I lean toward hip hoppy type stuff for working out, but don't listen to it much otherwise. I have a Broadway musical playlist or Disney playlist for when I am in the mood to sing along alot. I tend to listen to country if I just need a radio station. I like some rock but not the super hard stiff. Anberlin is my favorite band, I just love Stephens voice. I hate most Christmas music unless its instrumental or a big church choir singing.
  • riffwalkdale
    Can enjoy some good old school hiphop, Run DMC all the way to Beyonce and back to Paul Simon... and back to Stormzy.. and to Buju Banton.. to some good old AC/DC... it depends on my mood I guess, yours?

Nice! My music is very much all over the place as well. I listen to bluegrass, country, indie, old school rap, classic rock, yada yada yada. But, the music that I can always go back to that I never get tired of is 80's-90's metal. I'm talking Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Slayer, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine, System of the Down, Tool. That kind of junk. They vary in style, but damn was there was some good a*s*s metal. I LOVE Iron Maiden. Damn, are they artists.
  • riffwalkdale
    I lean toward hip hoppy type stuff for working out, but don't listen to it much otherwise. I have a Broadway musical playlist or Disney playlist for when I am in the mood to sing along alot. I tend to listen to country if I just need a radio station. I like some rock but not the super hard stiff. Anberlin is my favorite band, I just love Stephens voice. I hate most Christmas music unless its instrumental or a big church choir singing.

ugh Christmas music! that's a big nope from me too. I do like listening to country when I am driving. Since most of where I live is in the middle of nowhere, it seems fitting. haha
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    pretty much everything except for country (some of its okay but the majority of it is terrible)
  • riffwalkdale
    iMago wrote: »
    pretty much everything except for country (some of its okay but the majority of it is terrible)

That is very true. I am very picky about the country. I enjoy women singers mainly, the guys kind of grate on my nerves.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Its all over the place...if I had to pick a singler person...as an artist, composer and musician... Trent Reznor. What a career...he's like something of a modern Mozart...to me anyway.
  • riffwalkdale
    Its all over the place...if I had to pick a singler person...as an artist, composer and musician... Trent Reznor. What a career...he's like something of a modern Mozart...to me anyway.

I'm only familiar with his work in NIN, which is rad within itself. But I guess has done music for movies too. He did the music for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That is pretty bad *kitten*.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member

Nice! My music is very much all over the place as well. I listen to bluegrass, country, indie, old school rap, classic rock, yada yada yada. But, the music that I can always go back to that I never get tired of is 80's-90's metal. I'm talking Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Slayer, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine, System of the Down, Tool. That kind of junk. They vary in style, but damn was there was some good a*s*s metal. I LOVE Iron Maiden. Damn, are they artists.

Now I've gotta listen to Maiden for my run today! 🤘
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    I dig lots of stuff, but my go-to is 80s hair metal. Ratt, Poison, KISS, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, The Cult, Whitesnake... Fantastic music to grow up with!
  • riffwalkdale
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »
    I dig lots of stuff, but my go-to is 80s hair metal. Ratt, Poison, KISS, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, The Cult, Whitesnake... Fantastic music to grow up with!

Ohh.. yeah I love me a good ballad while cleaning. I love the Scorpions. They are probably my favorite band of all time. I would love to see them in concert.
  • riffwalkdale
    1sphere wrote: »
    I think music can be like a rabbit hole, for some time I listened to too much different music, then I became wishy washy about what artists I support... Now I go through genre phases

I feel the rabbit hole thing. For me its more a memory thing though. Sometimes I'll listen to music that I listened to as a teenager (the emo stuff early 2000's ) and I can recognize how bad it is, but I keep listening and going down the rabbit hole, because of nostalgia.
  • Bobby Darin
    Eric Burdon
    JJ Cale
    Waylon Jennings
    Jeff Beck
    Robin Trower

And that's just the last 20 minutes or so
  • ClimbingWolf
    ClimbingWolf Posts: 298 Member

Sounds nice ;) I didn't knew some of those. Lots of rock genres, like rammstein/nirvana, are actually my guilty pleasures tbh. Or for when I do powerlifting workouts, great boosters!
  • Justn_83
    Justn_83 Posts: 492 Member
    Grunge era 😎
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    80s indie rock. Smiths, Violent Femmes, The Cure is my go to. Work our music is a lot of Johnny Cash or 90s Hip Hop. Around the house it’s 50s music (coasters/Frankie Lymon and the teenagers) or early 60s Temptations or the Four Seasons. It’s all about mood and memories.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Tell me in-depth about your favorite musical style, musician, band, or era of music.
    • Indie
    • Folk
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • Some 80's
    • Early to mid-90's Alternative
    • Vaporwave
    • Techno
    • Electronic
    • D&D Metal
    • Classic Rock
    • Early 90's Country
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Estonian deathpop
    Iguana Rap (yes they are rappers now)
    Now That's What I Call Music - Vol. 2, 3 and 7
    Judy Garland

quarantine got me in a whole mood
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Personally, I never got these people that just use music as a background ambient sort of presence. Does anyone else just listen to music as like a sole activity in itself? Also, anyone else just miss the days of CDs? When you had the tangible product with the artwork...it felt like a more complete package...now its just click and play...it felt more special :(....another thing I can't stand with the modern world.