Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 115

Replies

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,000 Member
    Thanks, @quiltingjaine .
  • mlagioia
    mlagioia Posts: 15 Member
    wellnfree wrote: »
    @mlagioia “The older I get, I have found this is the only way I am able to successfully kick weight loss into gear.”

I’ve found this to be so true for me. It seems to be one of the things I have to do to make any progress, but man it’s hard to convince myself of that around 9 or later in the evening.

Totally agree!
  • littlecinnamon
    littlecinnamon Posts: 728 Member
    kblanc14 wrote: »
    Round 115
    Female, 5' 4"
    Age 42
    London

Starting Weight: 215

Round Goal Weight: This is my first round and I'm also seriously trying intermittent fasting for the first time... Trying 16/8 and it seems to be helping with my energy so far. By the end of the round, I would love to see 210, but realistically 212 maybe... I'm working on it though :)

I love intermittent fasting and have been consistently for the past two months (on and off over the past few years)! I typically have my first meal around 11am and finish before 7pm. I enjoy it because I have two larger meals and a snack. I feel much more satisfied than if I had three smaller meals.

What block of time do you typically eat during? How are you liking it so far?

That's good to hear @kblanc14 ! With 16/8, I time my first meal around 1pm and make sure I'm done by 9pm, but lately I've been feeling pretty good having my first meal around 2pm and finishing my eating window around 8pm. Not doing breakfast has actually helped with my energy levels during the day and I'm not as hungry. In fact I'm struggling to get my calories up. I'm doing 2 meals a day, sometimes with a small snack if I get hungry.

I'm trying to pair IF with fewer carbs, but I'm still working on that :)
  • littlecinnamon
    mlagioia wrote: »
    Let's get started! My first round, and I desperately need motivation. Happy you all are here. @littlecinnamon I am also doing IF. The older I get, I have found this is the only way I am able to successfully kick weightloss into gear.
    My goal for these 10 days is to hit 228.

Day/Weight/Comment:

05/27: 233/Let's go!
    05/28
    05/29
    05/30
    05/31
    06/01
    06/02
    06/03
    06/04
    06/05

Great to see a fellow IF'er @mlagioia ! :) I'm hoping this will continue to give me greater energy to power through my day and get my butt off the couch to workout more :D
  • littlecinnamon
    sklaw31 wrote: »
    @mlagioia @littlecinnamon @kblanc14 So excited there are fellow IFs in this group! Although I've only been on 16:8 for around a month--I love it! Actually not as hungry overall anymore and have plenty of energy. Eat 11 a.m. - 7 pm., but typically break the fast closer to noon and finished by 6:30 for the day. Still eat my goal calories and remain in a calorie deficit. Just starting to up the activity again since the weather is nice. Need that natural vitamin D --walking on sunshine! Sheila

Fabulous to see you here @sklaw31 ! It's funny, when I try to do calorie restriction but eat any time of day, I'm hungrier. With IF, I feel I can control the hunger a bit more, and sometimes have to remind myself to eat :) Enjoy the vitamin D!!