Sugar-free instant pudding+almond milk

124»

Replies

• SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Just use a smaller amount. I found this out a long time ago. I believe I used 1 cup almond milk instead of 2 cups of milk. But, honestly, unless you have a dairy allergy or are vegetarian or vegan, I would go the skim milk route. It tastes better IMHO, not too many more calories, sets up better with pudding, and more protein.
  • alib1673
    alib1673 Posts: 1 Member
    Giving the almond milk, protein powder and ff/sf pudding a try today!
  • iamaveronica
    iamaveronica Posts: 4 Member
    I actually cooked this recently, but I added xanthan gum while it was cooking. It set really nicely. Unfortunately it clumped a bit, most likely because I didn’t measure the xanthan gum. I emailed JELL-O to ask them what they recommended and this is what they said:
    <br>
    Hi Lily, thank you for taking the time in contacting us. Unfortunately, we don't have any recommendations as a substitution for dairy milk in our JELL-O Puddings. While you can always experiment with other products or varieties as a substitute, the Kraft Kitchens hasn't developed a formal recommendation on this. We hope this helps and have a nice day.

If anyone has advise for the xanthan gum, please let me know. Thanks!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-63YXNJRjY8

This recipe is very tasty!

I've made it with both Greek yogurt & plain yogurt (it does thicken up better with Greek yogurt, but I'm sure xanthan gum would help with the plain). I usually then add 1-2 servings of the sugar free Jello & one or two packets of Stevia.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    I realize this is an old thread with a few new replies but deferral people have suggested adding cornstarch. For cornstarch to work as a thickening agent, it must be heated to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • louannebertrand
    louannebertrand Posts: 1 Member
    I know this is an old thread, but this may help someone. Whisk 1/2 cup almond milk with the packet of pudding mix (3oz size) until thickened. Add extra almond milk as desired to thin down the consistency. I use a full cup for making the chocolate flavored pudding but only 3/4 cup for vanilla.
  • vikster11111
    vikster11111 Posts: 117 Member
    I use My T Fine cook and serve chocolate pudding with unsweetened almond milk. It sets nice.
  • sunshinee50
    sunshinee50 Posts: 1 Member
    I know this a very old post but I just recently found the perfect recipe for using almond milk in the sugar free puddings. Unfortunately, I don't know what the carb count would be if anyone is following the Keto diet, as I am. I use between 1 1/4 cups to 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk depending on the flavor of the pudding. Start with 1 1/4 cups and add more until you reach the right consistency. It usually works out to 3 servings per box instead of the 4 and it is delicious! I am searching for the macros now but every time I eat it, it does not change my weight. And I top it with whipped cream.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Could try gelatin packets.. that would make it "set"
  • tkmcc85
    tkmcc85 Posts: 10 Member
    I use sugar-free pudding mix with 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum. The xanthan gum is tricky to use - I thoroughly blend it with the dry pudding mix, add the almond milk, then use a hand mixer. The fail is when the xanthan gum clumps instead of being evenly distributed, but even then it's usually OK after chilling. When done right, the pudding thickens during mixing.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    If you can get it, try the Hood brand Calorie Countdown Milk. It works with the instant puddings. They have it at Walmart where I am.
  • la079
    la079 Posts: 2 Member
    Jello instant pudding with one cup of almond milk. Perfect
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Are you using non dairy milk because you are lactose intolerant, are allergic to the proteins, or just want a healthier option? You could try lactaid or a2 to see how it works. Also maybe coconut milk.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    This is part of my nightly dessert snacks. I use chocolate flavored almondmilk and chocolate fudge ff pudding. It’s a bit thin so today I whisked together early am and so hopefully after 12 hrs of fridgeration, it’ll be thick enough to eat. Unfortunately, my tummy dislikes dairy and xanthum gum.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    @alexmose try using kefir. It’s like a thinner yogurt. Supposedly the unheated fermentation destroys most of the lactose, leaving it kinder for those who have dairy issues.

It makes a lighter frotherier pudding than Greek yogurt, almost like a light mousse.

It’s also super easy to make, if you can lay hands on some kefir “grains”.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    I make chocolate pudding with cornstarch, cocoa powder, sweetener and any non-dairy milk type I have to hand, usually soy, almond or oat. Always sets.