Best Protein Powder

Hello everyone! I am looking for a good protein powder. Lower in carbs is a plus. Also I don’t train, just trying to lose weight. I currently use Muscle Milk protein powder which tastes delicious but not sure if it’s the best for me. Thanks!

Replies

• Ryguy08
    Ryguy08 Posts: 61 Member
    My favorite brand for awhile now has been Optimum Nutrition. I personally like the extreme chocolate flavor. Low carbs and great taste.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Quest or Pescience...
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    One brand dessert protein, current favorite flavor is key lime pie (sounds weird but really good). I’ve also had the matcha green tea one which when you heat it up tastes kind of like a Starbucks green tea latte. I couldn’t get my usual casein brand so now have Quattro which is a blend and it’s pretty good, slower digesting so it keeps you full longer- low carb/sugar is one of my checklists also..
  • miscgraphics
    miscgraphics Posts: 24 Member
    I have been using Equate Whey Protein powder. I get mine at Walmart for $15 for 18 servings. It has no creatine. The smooth vanilla is what I buy. It’s not chalky. Not too sweet and manageable with low carbs. I make it every morning to boost my protein/metabolism because I don’t like to eat in morning and this was a good compromise. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk with it (30 calories) but it even tastes great with water.. or mixed with cold coffee for a nice frappe. The whey isolate is even better, but haven’t been able to find that for a while.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    I like Orgain. It's plant based but it's very, very good. It tastes excellent too.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm cheap so I just use the Body Fortress brand (I like chocolate). It's like $16-$17 for like a 3 lb jug-type-thing through Amazon.
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    My Trainer would say Naked Whey...😁 I prefer Bowmar Nutrition....it mixes well even in coffee!🙀 Yay! Hot chocolate is my fave...
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    briscogun wrote: »
    I'm cheap so I just use the Body Fortress brand (I like chocolate). It's like $16-$17 for like a 3 lb jug-type-thing through Amazon.

I buy the same stuff...
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    It's very subjective but my faves based on taste snd cost (most protein per $) are MyProtein and Muscle Milk, both in chocolate
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Quest or Pescience...

These are what I use.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Arbonne or Shakeology -- ;):D>:)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    briscogun wrote: »

The Chocolate and the Vanilla Cream are also available in a 5 lb size; I use Subscribe and Save, and save even more. My Favorite is the Banana Creme; a mild flavor that's great with berries in a smoothie.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    4dnztf4tgziz.png
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @Blezzed888 I use this one ^^ for a Grab N Go drink when I'm on the road. I don't use protein powders to lose weight per se because of the satiety factor. For me, they're just an add-on. I like the way it tastes. :)
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    I absolutely love pescience and use their vanilla all the time, and love adding it to yogurt, pancake mix, etc. I use the code "scripts" for a discount too :) they also always give a ton of samples
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    edited May 2021
    I personally love Quest, the vanilla milkshake flavor. It is 110 calories for a scoop and has 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g sugar, and 24 g protein. I use it exclusively with coconut almond milk and frozen mixed berries for a lunch time smoothie. I get it for $23 on Amazon for 1.6lbs (under $20 if you do the Amazon subscribe and save)
  • GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 64 Member
    MyProtein