4'10" , and 165 pounds, anybody else?

I'm looking for a group of girls with similar starting points that want to help each other lose weight and motivate each other. This quarantine has resulted in me gaining even more weight so I can't do it anymore. Time to lose it all so who's with me?

Replies

• madagirl81
    madagirl81 Posts: 72 Member
    Wow nice! How did you do it..i need help.. thinking of doing some h20 fasting and keto but not sure! Good job
  • jscott0901
    jscott0901 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2020
    4’8 and 160 lbs ☹️ used to go between 110-130. Trying to get back to 110! My downfall is alcohol—especially margaritas! Been doing a calorie restriction of 1200 calories for the past two weeks. Down about 3-4 lbs so far.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    5’1” and SW 165. GW 115-125. Down only 1.8lbs so far 😖 I’ll keep on...
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    I’m 5’ 1, 194 currently. GW 130! I do intermittent fasting with an eating window of 6 hours each day
  • ajha12
    ajha12 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am 4'10 and 138 pounds. My eating and exercise habits are like a roller-coaster ride. I am good for 2 weeks and then sabotage it in few days. Come back on track and the cycle continues.

How much exercise and calories is sufficient as per you for the small girls? What is the exercise schedule you follow?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    madagirl81 wrote: »
    Wow nice! How did you do it..i need help.. thinking of doing some h20 fasting and keto but not sure! Good job

Thanks!

To be honest, I've lost the weight in stages over a period of time. I lost the first 15 pounds primarily by changing my terrible lunch habits. I would eat out every day, usually pizza or grilled cheese and fries. I realized that needed to change.

I credit MFP with much of my success because logging was a real eye-opener for me. I had no idea how many calories I was eating on a daily basis. I am not the most consistent logger, but I know it works and I log enough to keep me on track. The more consistently I log, the better I do.

I also think that walking has been a big part of my success. It may not be the "best" calorie burner, but it's worked for me. I find it helps physically and mentally/emotionally.

Good luck on your journey! You can do this. 🌞
  • ajha12
    ajha12 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi lillymoo01,

What’s the exercise routine you follow?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    ajha12 wrote: »
    Hi lillymoo01,

What’s the exercise routine you follow?

I am limited because of physical injuries but I just started walking and increased time and speed as fitness improved. On top of that, I purchased resistance bands to do some strength training to help preserve some muscle mass.
  • madagirl81
    You guys, yes I think I'm gonna just take a walk every single night, at night because it's extremely hot here in California most days now, but I love night walks most plus it's an easy way to start... maybe later it will turn into jogging than running hopefully
  • madagirl81
    We all need to come back on this discussion to check up and update each other on what's going on...we can do it✊💪💪💪💪
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    madagirl81 wrote: »
    You guys, yes I think I'm gonna just take a walk every single night, at night because it's extremely hot here in California most days now, but I love night walks most plus it's an easy way to start... maybe later it will turn into jogging than running hopefully

I swear by walking! It worked for me. Enjoy! 😃
  • EmilyAnn139
    EmilyAnn139 Posts: 1 Member
    5’1 SW 186 CW 174!! The portions of the world were not made for us petite women. Any advice is appreciated!!
  • madagirl81
    Yes definitely not for petite women.. and especially petite women who are overweight like us but hey life happens

But we can do this!
  • gwinhart17
    gwinhart17 Posts: 34 Member
    Hey! I'm 4' 11 and have lost almost 60 lbs now. My starting weight was a whopping 209!! My current weight is 151.8 and my goal weight is at least, for now about 120, putting me in the higher end of a healthy bmi. I also LOVE to walk and have even started jogging (it's a work in progress, haha) but I also enjoy lots of other things, including yoga, step, swimming, strength, and even you tube videos! I know that a calorie deficit is the main factor in losing weight, and that exercise is really just for added health benefits, but I find working out really keeps me on track and keeps my appetite in check. I feel strong and confident and i cant say enough what it has done for stress and anxiety. I find that after working out, I have better discipline in my eating habits, I dont want all that hard work to go down the drain over some stupid calories, haha . I would also say that consistency has been a big factor in my weight loss so far, I have good days and bad days, I definitely agree with the poster above saying that their eating and exercise habits are like a roller coaster, but not giving up and keeping at it has really helped me go the distance. I just keep on keeping on....keep on logging, keep on weighing and measuring, keep on working out, keep on moving, keep on smiling 🙂 Dont give up!! You can do it!! I am winning my health and happiness back, and it has been absolutely worth it!!
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    5’ and 154 here. Struggling with motivation lately but I turn 40 in 5 months so hoping to make some progress by then! Please add me!
  • madagirl81
    YAY welcome to the petite group.. and wow congrats on losing all that weight! Great job it really does motivate me to keep on going.. I'm trying to do I.F. to because I do tend to be a big eater sometimes so want to use that to control the calories I intake.

Jpedno, yes just come back to this discussion! You can do it, we all can do it. Just start and keep us updated!
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    4”11 here 43 years and struggling with calories please add