Weird things you do with food

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Well... I don't think it's weird, but others do. I eat each dish separately, if there's sauce left over from one I'll mop it up with a little bread before moving on.

The only exception is "Chinese" takeaway.
    I do the same thing! I eat each item on my plate fully before moving on. I don’t take bites of each like a bite of burger bite of salad bite of Cole slaw. I eat all the Cole slaw, then all the salad, then the burger.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Yoghurt sprinkled with instant coffee.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Bread with peanut butter and sambal badjak (=Indonesian chilli paste).
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I forgot, some people think Fritos in milk is weird
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    I like to put a dab of mayo in stir fried rice. It’s so good

That sounds good to me too!

I like a combination of mayo & ketchup with fries or on a sweet potato.

I like white gravy, but prefer to have a little ketchup with it if possible. I put ketchup on green beans. I put ketchup on brown/pinto beans, any type of bean really.

Aside from the above, I actually dislike ketchup (with fries etc).

I like sour cream in almost anything...when my husband makes a very spicy stir fry or curry, I always put sour cream or cottage cheese in it to cool it down and honestly now I prefer it with those things mixed in.

I used to eat cottage cheese on pot pies (the cheap beef or chicken Banquet brand) as a teen. I haven't had that in probably 20 years but it still sounds kind of good and I wouldn't want a pot pie without cottage cheese.

I've started eating toast with coconut or cashew butter, and a fried egg on top. Sort of like a sandwich. For some reason the flavors just work.

In Holland, everyone eats fries with mayo. Sometimes also with ketchup and peanut satay sauce too. The last combination is known as "patatjes oorlog" or "french fry war".

Fries are mostly served with tomato sauce (ketchup) or aioli here in Australia. Mayo or aioli with fries was common in more than one European country I've visited. In Iceland, they serve fries with Kokkteilsósa (cocktail sauce). It's a delicious combination of mayo, sour cream, ketchup and mustard.
  • DrTeeeevil
    DrTeeeevil Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. I find that throwing some apple cider vinegar in my 16 oz water bottle topped with ice is quite refreshing for any workout (not sure that counts as food)

2. Vanilla extract in 2% milk (8 oz) with 1 packet of Splenda is like melted vanilla ice cream deliciousness... sometimes I'll throw in some cardamom for good measure, and I always drink my "vanilla milk" with a straw :)

3. I like sweet oatmeal loaded up with cayenne for a nice kick in the taste buds (my go-to is 1/4 cup steel cut oats with cinnamon, a few drops of vanilla, steamed sweet potato, some chopped pecans, pumpkin spice, touch of maple syrup, & 2-3 generous dashes cayenne)
  • Jellygrl
    Jellygrl Posts: 112 Member
    Vegemite, grated cheese and lettuce sandwich
  • riffwalkdale
    riffwalkdale Posts: 241 Member
    Jellygrl wrote: »

That's my jams.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Jellygrl wrote: »

The lettuce seems out of place but maybe not so much, could add a nice "crunch factor" to the sanga. Have to try it sometime.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    If I were to make a sandwich, it has to cut diagonally.
  • LinkedEmpire
    LinkedEmpire Posts: 40 Member
    I like to dip chocolate chip cookies in orange juice. It tastes better than milk 🤷. Eat ice cream in a mug.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I agree, slicing a sandwich any other way just isn't right.🥪
  • PAPYRUS3
    vaman wrote: »

I agree, slicing a sandwich any other way just isn't right.🥪

:D
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member

When I was a kid, my grandma had me convinced that a sandwich cut on the diagonal actually tasted better. I still cut it diagonal sometimes and think of her. :)

• PAPYRUS3
    I like stale/dried out marshmallows.
  • cephlove
    cephlove Posts: 11 Member
    Rarely eat cereal anymore, but when I did, I always had a glass of milk on the side. Never on the cereal.
  • siyeonsimpp
    siyeonsimpp Posts: 211 Member
    I eat pizza with a fork.

Ok, hear me out before you get mad at me. It slows down my eating so I have to time to digest and realize when I'm full. It helps me with dieting.

Plz don't kill meh :s
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    I eat pizza with a fork.

Ok, hear me out before you get mad at me. It slows down my eating so I have to time to digest and realize when I'm full. It helps me with dieting.

Plz don't kill meh :s

Nothing wrong with that. I don't really eat pizza anymore but when I did it was with a fork and knife. Lol.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    edited October 2020
    So happy to find my fellow “chocolate chips in orange juice” freaks. I finally got my husband to try it and he agrees it’s good. I don’t understand why people are so horrified by it; it’s chocolate + orange (which is delicious) + cookie.

I don’t put lime and lemon on all my food, but the foods that do get it get a LOT. I’ve been known to use a whole lime on a burrito. Unsweet tea should have SEVERAL slices of lemon. I’ve been on a kick of putting like 1/4 cup of bottled Key Lime juice into my fizzy water.

I tend to eat my food very equally or from the ‘worst’ bit to the ‘best’. Like if I have a bowl of chips I’ll eat the broken small ones and save the whole and/or folded ones for last. Or if there’s something like cheese and apples, I’ll have to make sure each apple slice has a cheese slice. One element left over just annoys me.

Edit to add: Nacho Doritos dipped in sour cream. You’re welcome/I’m sorry
  • PAPYRUS3
    ^and we love that you do