Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Burn Sets Bi’s and Tri’s and XT Core 2 followed by Cathe’s Intensity DVD. Still love that one!

Thelma, I am glad your appointment went well, and that your NP was well prepared for it. That is always nice! I agree about her recommendations on staying home and being safe right now. I don’t really know what is happening in Georgia, but here in Alabama things are looking pretty bad. We are getting our highest number of new cases (by far) now, and as one health official put it, nobody has the stomach to do anything about it. The southern part of the state has been hit the hardest, but with the beaches open again, it will be a whole state thing (again) before long, just like it was after spring break. Not the best news heading into summer when I, too, was beginning to feel more comfortable. Anyhow, I am sorry your aunt is not happy being back at work. But I imagine her perspective has changed quite a bit over the past few months so her tolerance for being stressed or overworked at work is probably way down. I hope she does what is best for them. And I hope they find a place closer to home for your uncle. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Laurie, great workout! I never did the Turbo Jam workouts, but have been thinking recently about trying Turbo Fire again. I love some of the workouts in that program. Yes, our lawn mower is definitely a lawn weapon. It is a super-powered all wheel drive mower that is way stronger and faster than me. :o Once I get the hang of controlling the speed, I will be better. And it would be fine if we had nothing but grass. But maneuvering it around all our trees..... :s . Not fun. But I can’t hire somebody to mow the lawn when I know I am perfectly capable of doing it. Especially when I have all the time in the world and no plans on going anywhere but the grocery store for two months straight! :D I hope your DD gets to go back to work soon. I also bet your DH is ready to go back. I am actually thinking with what is happening here in Alabama that, after DH gets back from Alaska, he might be working from home through the fall and winter. I am, surprisingly, okay with that. I don’t know if he is, though. :p But his company is very concerned about this, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick with the current status quo. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Wednesday! Absolutely feels like Tuesday to me. Weekend was good. As I mentioned, I was able to get my hair prettied up on Saturday afternoon, which felt so good, plus of course fun to see my BFF. She is very busy right now at their salon. Our BBQ was cancelled at our friends house, which was a bummer due to the terrible weather pattern floating through at that time. I ended up not working out on Saturday, so picked back up on Sunday with Legs (STS Meso #2 Legs and went heavy), plus a 30 min Peloton Power Walk. Monday was Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders + Peloton Ride and yesterday I did Burn Sets Bis/Tris + Core pre-mix. Tonight will probably be a Peloton ride after work.

Thelma: Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend and time with your friends. It is amazing how the smallest things we took for granted just a few months ago feel so differently now. Going “anywhere” than a store for example and time with people other than our spouses. Good to hear your weather was perfect too. Ours was not good but off and on rain or wind. Today and the rest of the week is beautiful. We are supposed to hit 80 and then 89 on Saturday! That is a huge jump for us. Awesome job with your workouts and the continued Yoga practice.

Laurie: Way to go with your Push|Pull workouts over the weekend and then Turbo Jam. I used to LOVE those workouts. I did end up selling my TJ workouts online several years ago but they did bring me some great workouts and fun when I had them. I still have Turbo Fire however for if/when I decide to revisit those. Yahoo on getting your hair prettied up as well. Doesn’t it feel SO much better? Beach Body Workouts: There are some great looking workouts on their online schedule. I bet that will be fun to try those this summer!

Erika: Thank you for the well wishes for my weekend. Hair appt went great but the BBQ was cancelled due to rain and wind. They live super close and it was very informal so we will just try again another weekend. Amen to having that extra day this weekend. OMG, I needed it so much. Despite not going anywhere really, just having extra time to do things. Especially since Saturday afternoon I was at the salon for nearly 3 hrs. LOL Keep me posted on what you are taking for hair growth. I will be all over it if it works!!! Again, very thankful to hear I am not in this struggle alone.

Laurel: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! I am not sure how I forgot, your day is the day after my BFF and the day before my nephews Birthday. How fun you celebrated with your DH and a nice bottle of wine. PERFECT. Sounds like you had beautiful weather despite the humidity. Love having the summer vibes however. That is how today feels for us. Really would rather head outside then be in a closed office but I will enjoy it this weekend when we take the trailer to the river property.
    Before I forget – when I was on my walk the other day I realized I had told you that Peloton instructor with the great accent was Andy Speer, it wasn’t him but I did really like him. Oliver was the guy with the great accent. Just to clarify that. LOL I am glad you have tried Robin as well and like her. Fabulous job with all the workout combos as usual. On Friday after work I did do a 60 minute ride with Miss Ally Love. It was a lot of fun and went by so fast. Going to try for more 60 minute rides as I have time. Was that a Yoga class thru Peloton you did? Focusing on the hips? After doing a few walks with my standard Apple buds that connect to the phone and one kept falling out I invested in some air pods online that were not Apple but they work great. What a difference not worrying about the chord and falling out constantly. Hope you enjoy your Peloton walk when you give it a try.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Beginner Gentle Yoga, BB Build Shoulders, and Revive and Restore Yoga.
    It's a good thing I did shoulders before I went out to get pneumonia and shingles vaccines! The pharmacist told me my arm would be sore and he wasn't kidding!

I bought a farmers' food box today. It was full of beautiful, fresh tomatoes, two different types of lettuce, yellow squash, a ginormous zucchini, sorghum syrup which is very famous in the south. I've never had it but I hear it's good with pancakes and waffles. There was also a delicious homemade tomato bread and beets! I had no clue what to do the beets so I googled it and found that they could be roasted and used in salads. I cut the leaves off and I was going outside to feed them to the wildlife when it occurred to me that they might be edible. They are! I found a recipe for that which I will try in the next couple of days.
    The salad was simple and I only used lettuce, tomatoes, diced yellow squash, and diced beets. I am in LOVE with beets. They go so well with tomatoes!

Nothing new about my uncle. He's doing well and no rehab facility yet. I didn't speak to my aunt today.

A friend sent me this article. I hope it's true! The article has a tab called Dig In. You will find his sources there.
    https://tinyurl.com/y7vlumgy

Laurie, great job with Turbo Jam! It's a really good workout! I'm glad you had fun revisiting it!

Laurie, my doctor in MA prescribed the shingles vaccine at the end of 2018 when I was 54. I never got it because no one had it available at the time and I eventually forgot about it.
    I really think my aunt needs to retire. Of course, I was hoping work would serve as a distraction. I doubt my aunt would volunteer for anything right now. She can't afford to get sick.
    I am sure you were like a kid in a candy store at JoAnn's! Did you start your dd's quilt yet?

Laurel, fantastic combo! I've not done Intensity is years!

DH and I will continue to shelter in place for now and will wear masks the few times we go shopping for something. GA seems to be doing well. We're about to start phase II of the reopening of the state process. I'm sorry things are not looking well in AL. I wonder if your heating peak now? Our hot spots are around Atlanta. Hopefully, the virus won't spread throughout the state there.

I am sure you're right about my aunt's work perspective-changing after this long leave of absence.

Tami, Monday felt like Sunday to me so I know the feeling! LOL
    I'm so glad you got your hair done! Sorry, you had to cancel your BBQ. Safety first! Great workouts!

It really is amazing how the smallest things we took for granted feel so different now! It's really been nice spending time talking to our friends. We really had a great time. I'm so glad you're finally going to get beautiful weather! We're in a partly cloudy/thunderstorm type of pattern for the entire week.
    I am really enjoying my yoga classes.:)

Hi Erika!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Well this morning I pulled out another one of those old workouts, that may be my theme this summer. Weeding out the DVD collection. Anyway I did Tony's Power 90 Sculpt Circuit 1-2 & Ab Ripper 100. I actually enjoyed it, and of course used way heavier weights than when I first tried these workouts ages ago. I have learned so much since then. I'm actually feeling those body parts right now, and am surprised that I'm feeling some of those in my legs. He does unweighted walking lunges for legs. Will see how I feel tomorrow.

Laurel, Love those Burn Sets, and nice job on those other workouts! I'm probably going to stick to the TJ workouts for now. The TF ones are probably going to be one off's if I want to try them out. I have a love hate relationship with those for sure. I don't mind doing the TJ workouts, probably because they are not so high impact, and they help me learn the moves again. That is one of the problems I have with TF, it moves so quickly and I forget all her moves. :D LOL about your mower. We don't have to many trees to go around, but I'm sure with a mower that is power driven can be tough to handle. DH and I where just talking about having someone clean up our yard at least once a month. He is okay with mowing, but just doesn't like to trim. We have not had any problems here in WI after the state opening. It has been two weeks, and nothing has changed as far as cases. One of the important things has been the care that has been taken with the nursing homes and those type of facilities.

Tami, Great job on your workouts! I hear you on it feeling like the wrong day. I have a meeting every Monday at the same time, and it felt weird to not have that for the week. Dang on the BBQ being cancelled. I'm sure that your friend is very busy at the salon. Have to admit that I think that I may be having a love affair with the TJ workouts again. I will see after I do a couple more if I'm still loving them as much. One of the programs that I have never tried was Chalene's CLX, and it is one that I have been looking at. I don't know that I would attempt any of Shaun T's workouts, but if it is for 20 min. maybe. :D I know that I will not be doing any Insanity.

Thelma, Good job on getting your workout done before those shots. That box of veggies sounds great. I have been looking at one of those options. The one that I did look at had good and bad reviews. My favorite way to have beets are roasted. The flavor is so so good. Interesting about the shots, my dr only mentioned my tetanus, which I got. I have only started the preliminary ideas for dd's quilt. Her theme is bee's, and I designed a pattern that will be part of the quilt. So far she is loving all my ideas, and I'm slowly getting fabrics. I think that is the most difficult part, most of the quilt stores are still by appointment only. Most of the appointments stop at 4pm. I'm still working at that time, and most of their Saturday's hours are booked. Plus they sure don't give you a lot of time to just look around. I have this feeling that I would feel rushed, and get something that I wasn't happy with.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I can think of few things I wanted to do less today than workout. Yesterday turned into a not good day in the afternoon when I had quite the confrontation with a construction worker. Long story short, the builder made an error in staking out our property and laying the sod, and yesterday, after they started digging out a section, they let me know that really isn’t our property after all. Sadly, we have planted trees there. They have agreed to move those trees for us, but that doesn’t really make either one of us feel better about losing a good chunk of our yard that we have cared for for the past 18 months. But, today, our future neighbor’s septic tank is buried there. :| I have no idea when we will get the trees moved, and that just makes me sad.

So I am just feeling low energy today because confrontation is just not my thing. DH was at work, which is unfortunate because he is much better at it than me. :D But I pushed through with working out, though I went off script. I did two Cathe Live workouts that she has filmed solo, the first a repeat and the second for the first time. They were Cathe Live Glutes and Thighs and Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Muscle. This latter one was a really good, mostly metabolic workout. It felt good after the tough cardio workouts I have done this week.

Tami, great workouts! I am glad you enjoyed your hair appointment, but I am sorry your BBQ was cancelled. Sounds like perfect weather for your weekend away. Yes, the yoga for hips was from Peloton. It was filmed by Kristin McGee on January 2 of this year. It is a 30 minute beginner yoga flow workout (so you can search for those categories). I recommend it highly, as I do most of her yoga. :) Thanks for the additional recommendation for a walking instructor! Hopefully it will stop raining here soon and I can get back out and walk!

Thelma, great workouts, though I am sorry the shot hurt your arm. I love the sound of your Farmers Food Box. I absolutely love sorghum syrup. I bought some when we were on a day trip to Tennessee last year and used it in my oatmeal every morning. I didn’t find it as sweet as either agave nectar or honey, which is a positive for me. I am using real maple syrup now in my oatmeal because, oddly, I haven’t found any sorghum here, and, to me, that is about the same sweetness. I hope you like it!

Laurie, great workout. I bet your body is enjoying all of these varying styles of workouts. Glad to hear all is going well in Wisconsin post-opening. Alabama just opened at the wrong time because we were hitting our peak when we opened. Another week or two probably would have made all the difference. But I think the governor felt pressure to get everything open so that schools could start football practice next month. I have not seen anything confirming that, but since the last phase of opening starting on June 1 included voluminous instruction on school sports teams, I don’t think I am far off the mark. Alabama without football apparently cannot exist. B):#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies, what a week so far! :s

I was able to get in STS Legs (1st one in Meso 2) yesterday and I'm hurting today!! I forget how those trisets creep up on me! Weather here is FINALLY sunny and lower humidity after multiple days of rain..at least I didn't have to water my vegetables for the last week!

Laurel-Happy Belated Birthday! I hear you on the hot/humid weather...it is not fun especially with any outdoor activities like mowing the lawn! Sounds like you are getting the hang of that mower, I can only imagine what power that has! Big bummer on the lot issue...I am always paranoid about that type of thing as we had issues at our last house with it and had to dig up all our beautiful pine trees (the city would not help). At this house, we had the city come out right away and mark the pins before we planted or put in our fence, since we butt up to a city park! Great job getting in your workouts, especially with the frustration of the contractor interaction.

Thelma, I'm glad to hear your teledoc appt went well, despite your morning being all off. It's always nice when you get a great nurse, the seem hard to find sometimes. I hope your aunts week is getting better...or at least where she can be at peace with quitting her job, if that's what is needed. 6 hrs RT for your uncles rehab appts alone will make it tough to work! Good work with your workouts, the dance one sounds fun. I'm going to check it out. Glad you got in your workouts before the shots...I've heard too that those leave the arm sore!

Laurie, how fun to go back to some old BB workouts. I do that from time to time as well and either love them, or end up dumping them because they are just too easy/boring to me. I still have Chalean Extreme and P90X, but all others I got rid of. I did have the Beachbody subscription, but dropped it last night. I did a few workouts on there (the newer ones) and really got tired of "you should drink your Energize now" or "make sure to drink your Shakeology" With the newer workouts (which are the only ones I really was interested in) the advertising is insane. I also feel like their newer workouts are a bit risky and I can see where they weren't thinking of injuries. No thank you! I'll stick to KCM and Cathe...they have been doing this a lot longer and know what they are doing...also are closer in age to me, thus I feel they know what is good/bad given age.

Tami, wow, that's a long hair appt, but mine would be the same if I did a color too. It takes forever to get foils in my hair (I have fine hair, but a lot of it) and then takes forever to develop. Our salons actually are opening back up starting Monday and I was one of the lucky ones to get an email notice ahead of time to book an appt online (requirement for all salons here with the re-opening), so I am going Tuesday to get my 1/4" trim! :D I'm trying the Olly vitamins for hair...I'll see if I notice a difference and let you know! Bummer on the BBQ getting cancelled, but with the weather being off, probably a good idea. Great workouts...sounds like you hit everything good in the last couple days!

Have a wonderful evening!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    edited May 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ As planned, I went home last night and got in a nice “double” Peloton ride. I did a 30-min ride + a 20-min Pop Ride. It was a great combo and I was sweating buckets when I was done. Tonight I have the house to myself!!! WooHoo …. So I will get in a workout and then get packed for our weekend trip. We will leave practically the minute I walk in the house and change tomorrow after work.

Thelma: Excellent workout today! That farmers’ food box sounds so good. I have never heard of sorghum syrup. I hope you enjoy all of what you purchased forsure! YUM on the salad. I love salads so much when they have such fresh ingredients into them. Thank you for the kudos on my workouts.

Laurie: Way to go weeding through the DVD collection. Are you revisiting and then deciding on keeping or getting rid of some? It is such a great feeling when you re-visit a workout and it is so much easier or you feel so much stronger than you did and remembering how it was compared to now. Congrats on that! Definitely a testament to hard work over the years. I’m with you on the TF workouts, that is why I have never completed all of them. The moves get me messed up and so I move onto other workouts instead. Still haven’t hit the “get rid of pile” but I can definitely relate. I did her CLX series years ago. I remember they were good but at the time I then moved into many other rotations including STS; Definitely shorter workouts (I think 40 min is the longest maybe?) I remember but they are pretty good. I am glad you are exploring some oldies right now and possibly others that you just haven’t tried.

Laurel: That is such a bummer to hear about your trees having to be moved. Definitely not good news at all and they should be paying the entire bill due to their mistake. You can always contact the title company and get a copy of the legal description/plat map to see how it was drawn up when you purchased it to make sure. I am the same way with confrontation, I am not good at it … at all. Kind of deflates me in the process through all the emotions of it all. Way to go pushing through though and getting in a nice workout. Most likely you felt better to get that done. Burn off some frustration. Thank you for the date/timeline in case I research that one. I did one of her shoulder Yoga workouts a couple months ago ….. she is so great.

Erika: Awesome job with the STS Legs! Yes, I love those tri-sets in Meso #2. Definitely don’t leave any of those leg muscles un-touched, that is forsure. The hair appt was that long because we visit A LOT before she starts while mixing up my color and then while I am processing. I had to remind her she had another appt after me. LOL My hair takes a while as well to process. Definitely keep me posted on the Olly Vits!

So here is a moment I need to share with you ladies ~ or should I say “vent” and you can listen (read) just so I can get it off my chest. So last night I realized DH had taken a stack of Good Will items we had been stacking in the corner of the garage during our “at home” time of cleaning things out, etc. At any rate, my bike was sitting right next to this pile along with my cycling shoes. Well, last night I discovered my shoes are gone/missing. DH said that I must have put them in the good will spot. Ummmmm no. So to avoid an argument I just said that I know I left them by my bike tires, not in the stack and he said he didn’t know what happened to them. Needless to say they are gone. Unless I moved them somewhere I just can't find them but I looked in the places that I would put them if that was the case. I was thinking about getting new ones anyway but GEEZ. :s:( OK that’s it. Thanks for listening.

I will try and check in tomorrow ladies ~ supposed to be a heavy recording day for me so I may be pedal to the metal until I leave. Have a great evening! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I didn't workout today. I just couldn't. The reaction to the vaccines I got yesterday for sure. I slept like a log last night and today I was very tired and my body ached. I felt like I was having a Lupus/RA episode. My knees hurt and I going downstairs was painful. I felt like I couldn't lift a 1 lb dumbbell. I still can't lift my right arm above the shoulder. I have a hard bump in one of the vaccine sites.
    I slept all afternoon. I just couldn't wake up. Wow! It was scary this morning but after sleeping all afternoon I feel better.

My aunt and uncle are doing well, but they're still waiting for a rehab place.

Laurie, great job with those oldie workouts!

I hope you're able to find a good farmers' box. I totally trust these people to coordinate with farmers. They're all about organic fruits and vegetables.
    I had no idea the fabric stores were by appointment only these days! I hope you're able to score a weekend appointment soon! You can spend hours at those stores, so understand what you mean about having limited time to look around.

Laurel, great job pushing through with working out with Cathe Live workouts! I'm so sorry about losing that land and the confrontation with the construction worker! Do you have to figure out how far from the septic tank is safe for planting? I don't blame for feeling low energy because what happened would upset anyone.

I am really excited about these food boxes. DH thinks it's too much for us. I agree with the tomatoes though. We're not big on tomatoes. I'm planning on making lasagna next week so I'll dice the tomatoes into the bottled marinara sauce will use. I noticed today that the sorghum syrup is called sorghum molasses syrup. I'm not sure what the difference is. Thanks for letting me know it's good with oatmeal! I hope we like it. I know people here have it with biscuits. There's a sorghum festival in Blairsville; which is about 1/2 hour from here. We went last year but never got to try the syrup because DH is a pain about waiting in line! I definitely want to try it with waffles!
    BTW, I read today that we're on an upward trend again with the virus in GA. We will continue to shelter in place for sure.

Erika, good job with the STS workouts! I'm so glad you're finally having nice weather!

I am really happy with the nurse I've found. I need to have DH make an appointment with her too. My aunt sounded better but she was still at work at 6 PM tonight! Italians have some kind of holiday on Monday and Tuesday so she'll have a long weekend. If my uncle has to go to that far away rehab facility she will quit her job. Her mind is already made up. She also realizes that he is probably going to need a lot of help when he returns home so she needs to be there for him.

Tami, great job getting your workout in after work! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I had never heard about sorghum syrup till last year, but this will be my first time trying it out. So far we're enjoying our purchase. This salad was very enjoyable.

OMG on your cycling shoes!! That is something DH would totally do to me. Sometimes I have to tell him not to touch my stuff! Like your DH, he won't remember/know anything about the lost item. On the positive side, you get to buy new shoes!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Turbo Jam Punch, Kick & Jam. I'm putting TJ in the keep pile, and probably getting rid of my Turbo Fire. Sad to say, but I think the TJ workouts are more my speed now. :/ I really really enjoyed the pace of the workout this morning, and so enjoyed it. Have to say that I'm keeping the Power 90 workouts also. Probably won't do the cardio, but the weight workouts gave me some great DOMS and these are considered beginner workouts. It probably helped that I used really heavy weights.

Laurel, Dang on that property line, and having to pull out your plants. I'm sure that wasn't a fun experience to deal with. With all that good job on your workouts, both of those live workouts sound good. I'm actually very happy with going through all these older workouts, I just need to clean up my DVD collection. I probably will be pulling a lot of workouts, but adding a few that are appealing to me. Like I said above I think TF and probably Insanity are going to get sold. I know for sure that I will not be doing those workouts again. Alabama without football, I don't think that is even possible. :D

Erika, Sorry you had a tough week! Great job getting that leg work in, but dang on the soreness. Today we finally are in the lower humidity, and it sure was nice. Thanks for the information on BB, I probably will just find those CLX workouts on ebay. They are always popping up on there, so you probably saved me some $$. I'm going to try to find the add-on workouts for TJ like Cardio Party 2 & 3. I don't think that I need the live or the ones with the ball. I remember when ExerciseTV was having the instructors push the Power Aid drinks during the workouts. That was so annoying. I agree with you on keeping all my Cathe and Kelly workouts. That reminds me, she is filming her new workouts this weekend. I hope that means that Cathe isn't to far behind.

Tami, Have a wonderful weekend. Awesome job with your workout also, but I'm so sorry to hear that your shoes have disappeared. We have a bunch of items to get rid of also, and I just took a glance through those just in case something was placed in there by mistake. Yes I'm wanting to go through my collection of DVD's. I'm sure there are going to be some that I don't even need to try again. For some reason I was looking at the TJ workout and thinking that I should get rid of it. I'm actually glad that I gave it another try and the Power 90 also. Thanks for the info on CLX, the shorter workouts are in my zone right now. ;)

Thelma, Dang on the tired feeling after getting those vaccines. Good for you to not push your body. I did manage to get an appointment for Saturday, toward the end of the day. I'm hoping that no one will be in after me, and I can just hang around a little longer. I have a few things that I need, but I want to see what type of fabrics they have that would work well for dd's quilt.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    TGIF...it's finally here!!!

Yesterday I took a much needed rest day from workouts and spent some time visiting with our friends outside to enjoy the nice weather! They are doing some big home renovations, so I figured the wife could use some "girl time" out of the house with all of the hammering and pounding going on!!

Today, and the whole weekend, are going to be really nice and low humidity. I can't wait!! We are doing our first family gathering at my BIL's lake home, to grill out with my hubby's family in celebration of my FIL's bday tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well and we can all safely gather.

Tami, have a wonderful trip! I'm glad you got in a great Peloton workout and will be able to get one in before you leave too, that will feel good to leave having the workout done! Dang on the shoes...I got a little chuckle only because I can totally see that happening here. I love my hubby and boys, but God definitely created men with a different brain/thought process than women! I often have to tell the men in my house to stop and think twice about things, and when they do it's almost always a different decision!

Thelma, those darn vaccinations!!! Ugh, I'm glad you're feeling better, but what an unexpected reaction! Hopefully your body bounces back with all the extra sleep and you're feeling better than ever! I'm happy to hear your aunt gets a couple days off...that will be good for her for sure!!

Laurie, I'm with you on being a TJ Fan over TF. I like the pace of TJ...TF is just a bit too fast for me, and I worry I'm going to slip up and injure myself! I also really like the P90 workouts..those are good to keep too. When I had the TJ workouts, I remember gathering them off of Ebay relatively easy. I saw KCM was going to film her new DVD's, I'm so excited. I sure hope Cathe starts soon too...I've been waiting for an announcement!

Laurel, hello!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll talk to you all next week.

Erika

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Quick check in today as I am trying to help DH start preparing for his trip to Alaska next week. I think he will be working both days next week before he goes, so we only have a few days to get stuff done before he goes for two months. :o Anyhow, today’s workout was another off script workout but great. I did CTX Upper Body Split and the core from Leaner Legs. For cardio, I did a 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin from Peloton.

Erika, those Meso 2 leg workouts are so good but so tough. Great job! I hope you enjoy your weekend family gathering. That sounds so nice.

Tami, great double Peloton workout! Sounds like so much fun. I am sorry about your shoes, though, and completely understand your frustration. After a few mishaps like that here, DH has gotten to a point where he doesn’t move anything of mine before asking. :D Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Thelma, I hope you are feeling better. I am glad you let yourself rest. Sometimes those vaccines knock the stuffing out of you, and it sounds like that is what happened. Our sorghum syrup was the consistency of syrup and not molasses, but I would imagine the flavor is the same. Enjoy! I am sorry your cases are going up there too.

Laurie, great workout! I am glad you are enjoying the Turbo Jam workouts. I totally understand when you say those workouts are more your speed now than Turbo Fire. I keep looking at some of my DVDs wondering if I will ever want to do some of the workouts again. It isn’t necessarily that I can’t, but really more that I just see no reason to do them. And I am okay with that!

Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a very nice and exciting weekend. I am feeling better but definitely still tired. I didn't expect the vaccine to hit me this hard. At least I feel better.
    The weather was gorgeous all weekend. We had a couple over for burgers on Saturday afternoon and had a great time. This morning we had a surprise visit and I have some videos for you to see our guest. Each video is about one minute long.

Guest arriving
    https://ring.com/share/6832955267565962959

Having Breakfast
    https://ring.com/share/6832956916833293304

Leaving
    https://ring.com/share/6832963187485545464

I made this tomato pie recipe with the tomatoes I got in the food box. It is delicious!! I added fresh spinach too and used Mexican blend and mozzarella cheese. I had very ripe tomatoes so squeezed some of the juice out in a colander.
    https://thesouthernladycooks.com/tomato-pie/

My uncle is doing well. A friend of my uncle's called my aunt to tell her that he'd heard my uncle will be transferred to a rehab facility close to home next week. I hope this rumor is true!

On Friday I did Restorative Yoga and Barre. We had a sub instructor for Barre so it wasn't really Barre but it was a very easy class; which was up my speed that day. On Saturday I did Jessica Smith Power Walk and I didn't exercise today. My energy level is low. I hope to make the workout up during the week.

Laurie, great workout! I used to LOVE Turbo Jam! Turbo Fire was never neve my speed. I'm glad you're keeping the TJ program!

I can't believe you managed to get an appointment at the fabric store! I hope you found everything you wanted!

Erika, I am so glad you allowed yourself some workout time off and enjoyed with your neighbor. I hope your FIL's bday celebration was a lot of fun.

The vaccines' reaction was scary. My energy level is definitely low. Thanks for those good wishes on my recovery. I was happy my aunt would get those days off but today she was crying and all upset because my uncle looked sad.

Laurel, great workouts! I can't believe your DH's trip to Alaska is this week!

I am feeling better but my energy level is pretty low. I don't remember any vaccinations hitting me like this before.
    It really is scary that the COVID cases are going up here. I'd much rather be worrying about the virus than the domestic terrorism going around in the country though.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2020
    Morning Ladies,

What a beautiful weekend! At least we had that before we hit record high temps tomorrow. Did a lot of gardening in the morning on Saturday, and then I went to my appointment at the quilt store. Let's just say that they did overkill with the C19 restrictions. I understand wearing the mask, but they escorted me. I couldn't really look at the fabrics like I wanted to. I don't think that I will visit that store again until they get a little looser on the restrictions. I know of a number of other stores that only let a certain amount of people in, but you don't need an escort. Sunday was just me doing what I wanted to do, and that was enjoying the day. My workout this morning was Fit/Split Push Only Premix.

Erika, I like that you took your neighbor out of the construction, that was very nice. I hope that you had a good time at your family gathering. We will be having another family gathering at my sisters to celebrate a birthday and confirmation in a couple of weeks. :D The workouts that Kelly filmed sound pretty good, and it looks like she has a new back up person doing the workouts.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Got to love that CTX Upper Body one. ;) I'm sure that you where able to get all the packing done for your DH's trip. That will be a long time that he is away. I'm just glad that I have a few DVD's that I'm getting rid of. I was worried that I would want to keep everything once I started this little experiment. I know for sure that I will not even try Insanity or TF, so they are on the chopping block. My dd took a bunch of things for donation. I went by St. Vincent's on Saturday, and there was a huge line of cars. Those two sets where not in the donation yet. I don't know if I will donate, or sell on line.

Thelma, Glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend. Oh my on the bear, did it take out one of the bird feeders? Your tomato pie sounds really good, I will have to look it over. I will be crossing my fingers that your Uncle is moved close to home, that will be very nice for your Aunt. Love your workouts! Like I said above, my venture to the fabric store wasn't fun. I'm hoping that the next place that I go to is better. I just want to check out different fabrics, because I don't really know what will work and what won't. I had my samples, but I just felt uncomfortable having someone over my shouler.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend. The weather was beautiful, but we spent most of the weekend trying to get DH ready for,his trip, and trying to get me ready for DHs trip. I think we are just about there now. DH is at work today, but am hoping he won’t need to go in or work too much tomorrow. His trip on Wednesday will take something like 18 hours, all in a face mask, which he is not looking forward to. So I hope he can take some time tomorrow just to relax.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Feel Good Fusion and 30 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was STS Disc 35/Plyo Legs followed by a 30 minute Peloton ride. On Saturday Peloton had a live ride/race on ESPN with two different rides (male and female) featuring 10 professional athletes each. Yesterday I did the women’s ride, and it was tough! Looking forward to doing the men’s next week. :) And, no, I certainly did not keep up with any of the athletes. :D

Thelma, love the bear videos! I am amazed how beautiful your area is. But I do imagine you have to be a little cautious about bears. I am glad you are feeling better and hope your energy returns soon. Keep listening to your body and don’t push it until it is ready for sure. Love the sound of the tomato pie. I will have to remember that when I (hopefully) get inundated with tomatoes this summer. I am glad your uncle continues doing well and so hope the rumor about him moving this week is true!

Laurie, great workout this morning. I am sorry to hear your trip to the fabric store didn’t go well. I could put up with just about anything.....but an escort. I would find that so awkward. Hopefully you find stores with more relaxed standards. I am hoping while DH is gone I can start going through some of our stuff and making donation piles. We haven’t been very good over the past year in getting rid of things. And since it doesn’t look like we are moving anytime soon—and we use our moves as a reason to downsize—I need to be a bit more proactive on the de-cluttering situation. And I know I have some workouts I just need to hand off, though I find it so tough to do that! :)

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I felt better today but I think I know what is bothering. I'm feeling stressed and worried about what is going on in the country. I had to stop watching the news.

I did gentle yoga and LIS Total Body Trisets Lower Body.
    Our friend the bear wasn't here today. Thank God!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a great weekend and wonderful weather! I've heard about people being escorted inside stores but I thought it was so they knew what to disinfect. At least that is the way some stores are doing here. Great workout!

The bear broke our stronger pole. It happened before DH got up and went to the window across from the feeders. Thank God he was able to patch the pole back together.
    I'm really sorry the fabric store visit wasn't fun at all.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and beautiful weather too! You were busy but I'm glad you're almost ready for your husband's trip and for you as well.
    I can't imagine having to wear a mask all that time. At least not my bandana mask. I hope he has a surgical one! Does he wear glasses? DH and I wear our clear shooting glasses which sit right against our face when the go out with our masks. It's important to protect the eyes too.

Awesome workouts. Congrats on participating in those Peloton races!! Great job!

We have the most amazing scenery here Laurel. The part of BR we live in isn't known for having bears, so we were totally surprised.

You should try the tomato recipe when you have plenty of tomatoes from your garden.
    We are hoping my uncle will get moved this week. My aunt bought him pj's for the rehab facility today. She wanted to get him a smaller size because everything he owns will be too big now.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was beautiful, but it is suppose to get up into the 90's today. My workout was Fit/Split Pull Only Premix.

Laurel, All the workouts sound great! You are really getting your monies worth on the Peleton workouts. I can't believe that you didn't pass up those athletes. :D I have only been downsizing as I'm going through things. We haven't moved in many many years, so we have a lot of junk. I'm hoping to get some of the fabric that was for faire clothing, donated to people that still participate. It appears that the faire is still going forward, just wonder how they will be handling the crowds that they usually get. I hope that your DH doesn't have to go into work today, so that you can spend time with him before he leaves tomorrow.

Thelma, I don't blame you for no watching the news, I stopped years ago. These news organizations have stopped giving news, and just seek to sensationalize. Great job on your workouts! The interesting part of the fabric store was that they had me sanitize my hands when I walked in, but didn't let me touch the fabric. I like to feel if the fabric has stabilizers in it. Oh well, they will not have my business for a while. Glad to hear that your DH was able to fix the pole, I'm sure that bear enjoyed it's breakfast.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Happy Tuesday!

We had nice weather here all weekend but this week will be 90's and tropical, which means we are inside about as much as a week of a cold winter spell :/ I got in a couple KCM workouts over the weekend and got back at it with STS Meso 2, week 2 yesterday.

I've been so sore all the time, and finally figured it out it's probably our bed. My hubby has been the same, but we couldn't figure it out as our bed is only 7 years old. So, the search begins... :s

Thelma, your little bear friend is cute, but I'd be terrified! Glad he/she didn't return the next day! I'm glad you had a nice visit with friends and some yummy burgers too. Good job getting in whatever workouts feel good. I'm sure the vaccination side effects are slowly wearing off, but I'm with you on the news watching not being a good thing with all that's going on. I only watch the news occasionally, so I completely missed the curfews we had in place over the weekend. I do have to watch (or at least check online) occasionally as they have been shutting down major highways here in the evenings. Good thing we made it home in time from my FIL's b-day celebration...we were cutting it close!

Laurie, your quilt shop visit sounds very interesting. I am shocked by the huge difference between stores with the restrictions/lack thereof. Our chiro was doing nothing really different (except for only allowing one patient/family in at a time), the mattress store I was at just had hand sanitizer out and the sales person kept at a distance but I'm headed to the salon today and there was quite an email about all of the steps to the process. I'm following that up with a grooming appt for one of my dogs, and that is very restrictive as well. I'm just going with the flow I guess. Great job with the push/pull workouts! Enjoy the heat headed our way!

Laurel, you had a busy weekend getting all ready for your hubby's trip to Alaska, wowsa! I hope you are feeling as ready as you can be, and get to enjoy some quality time before he leaves. Great job on the workouts, that ESPN ride sounds amazing! I bet that was super fun! The family gathering was good, but we had to cut it a bit short due to highways being closed here. It was still nice to get out though.

Hi Tami!

Have a great evening. I'm going to be opening the freezer door a lot today to stay cool as I don't know that our AC is going to be able to keep up! :D

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute Peloton ride followed by 20 minutes of yoga. I forgot to mention my yesterday workouts when I posted. Yesterday’s workouts were STS Disc 34/Chest and Back followed by Cathe Love HiiT It, Strike It and Crunch It.

DH may not be leaving tomorrow after all. Alaska is set to drop their quarantine on Friday (per rumors, of course), and are requiring people comI got in after that have been tested within the previous 72 hours. So he may stay here until Saturday if he can get a test tomorrow/Thursday and results in a timely manner. So.....we’ll see. Right now, though, it looks like he will be here until Saturday which makes me :) .

Thelma, I am glad you are feeling better. The news is definitely distressing right now, without question. Find a way to ignore it if you need to. I keep pretty well informed, but have found since the start of COVID that I have to take long breaks (days) from it because of feeling overwhelmed.

Laurie, I can’t believe both you and Erika are hitting 90 degree weather before we are! We still haven’t been there yet this year! Crazy. Stay cool. B) Great workout today! I will curious how they handle the faire this summer. I would imagine many outdoor festivals will be running this summer since places like Disney World are opening.

Erika, great workout! Again, I can’t believe it is that hot up there. Take care in that heat. Oh the search for a new mattress......so NOT fun. But the results of a new bed on your body are worth it!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies & Happy Tuesday! We had a great time with my in-laws and BIL/SIL up on the property. The weather was fantastic the first day and terrible that night into the a.m. on Sunday so we came home a day early. They were all planning on leaving Sunday anyway and it would have just been us in the pouring rain …… so I had yesterday to unpack and laundry. Bernie had a great time. He was so pooped when we got home he slept nearly all afternoon.
    Not that much different than his normal anymore but I could tell he had over extended himself a bit. ALSO, while we were in the garage un-packing coolers I found my cycling shoes! All that whining to you ladies for nothing. Luckily I didn’t argue about it or even mention it again, but I was sure they had been donated. Somehow they showed up in a bag hanging above my bike! ;) So I was so glad, despite maybe getting new ones I just wasn’t ready to have “lost” these ones… if that makes sense.

We did have a "blessing in disguise" moment when we arrived home Sunday afternoon. DH had left the outdoor freezer door just loose enough and not sealed so our meat and everything in it was starting to thaw out. OMG, it was frightening to think of all that $$$ going down the drain. Luckily we put it in our neighbors outdoor freezer until ours was back up to freezing. Geez ... at first DH thought it was just broke down and we needed a new one; also why we quickly moved it all to the neighbors garage. Again, I didn't want to point fingers since he had done that before but not for that long. He did finally remember that when he dropped the block of ice on his foot right before we were leaving that he forgot to go back and close it. I was busy getting Bernie sorted to get him in the truck.

Did a nice workout yesterday; went a little off script and did LITE Stacked Sets All Upper Body followed by a HiiT/Hills ride on the Peloton. I will workout when I get home tonight and pick-up on STS as well.

Thelma: I am sorry to hear about your reaction to the shots you received. I hope you are feeling better today even …. Now that it is several days passed. It is so awful what is going on in our country. Breaks my heart. My sister being in LA is really feeling it with the National Guard being there now and helicopters flying over head. She is only a few miles from where a lot of that rioting/vandalism was taking place. Thank you for the kudos on my workouts and yes, I am happy I found my shoes. I pointed them out to DH and he was happy and said, and you probably thought I took them didn’t you? LOL Nope. So even if I end up getting new ones these will be good back-ups.

Laurie: Excellent job with the TJ workouts! Everytime you mention the name of one I remember doing them and having them. So fun. I think it is great you are weeding out workouts you will probably never re-visit. I know I need to do that as well.

Laurel: Way to go with your continued killer combos on the workouts! I just love those HiiT/Hills rides. That workout you mentioned above " Cathe Love HiiT It, Strike It and Crunch It" sounds like a great one! DH is normally a lot more careful about taking stuff that is just laying in a pile if it is mine, but I knew he was in such a hurry that day. Again, glad I didn’t completely meltdown over it. Not really my nature anyway but in this case it was really good i didn't.

Erika: Great job with your continued STS workouts! DH and I had the same thing with our last mattress. He was waking up sore and uncomfortable. Ours was 10 years old though at the time. Our next bed will be a KING forsure. WE have a KING in our trailer and it was so nice having that extra room, plus it is super comfortable. Thank you for the support on my shoes be lost .... it is true that men just have different thought patterns about things like that. If I had donated one of his fishing poles ..... well, entirely different story! LOL I'm just glad it all worked out behind the scenes. I guess my method of just not saying anything and not arguing about it paid off.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I'm still worried about the situation in the country. I'm having panic attacks over it. There will be a 'peaceful' protest in Murphy, NC on Thursday. We're 30 minutes from Murphy. The only good thing about living here is that most people are gun owners and carry their guns. If any trouble starts someone will be around to take care of it.

My workouts today were XT Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders, Basic Yoga, and Gina B's Hiit Walk. I did use lower weights than I normally because it was either that or not doing the workout at all given how I feel.

No change with my uncle. He is doing well and still waiting for a rehab facility.

Laurie, great workout! Did your temps hit 90? THAT is way warmer than here!
    I'm usually a news junkie but this is too much for my little heart to take. It is true that news organizations are all about sensationalizing. I can't believe you weren't allowed to touch the fabrics!

Erika, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I can't believe how warm it is there! We are going to be in the low to mid 80's but so far it's very nice. Low humidity! Good job getting those workouts in!

Interesting about the bed! I'm glad you figured it out! We used to have a sleep number bed up until last year when we moved here. The bed was 13 years old and gave it away because we inherited a giant king size bed here. I miss our bed because I could adjust the firmness to meet my needs. Some day we'll have another one.

The bear really was cute. I was afraid on Sunday but I'm Ok now because we've not seen it again. There are areas here where the mothers show up with their babies. So cute. We have two very pregnant deer. I hope they bring their babies here so we can see them!
    I just have no desire to workout at all. I have to force myself to do it. I doubt it's the result of the vaccines at this point.
    I normally watched the news at night but I seriously overdid it watching the protests. Thank God you guys made it home before the curfew!

Laurel, great workouts! I hope your DH is able to get the test soon. I'm glad he'll be with you a little while longer!

I haven't watched the news on tv but I still read headlines online. I should stay away from that too. It is overwhelming for sure.

Tami, I am so glad you and Bernie had a great time and great weather during the weekend!
    I'm so glad you found your shoes and that you didn't argue about them! I would've argued! LOL
    Thank God you got home a day early on time to save that meat! It's a good thing you didn't point fingers this time either! Good job listening to your gut feeling!
    Great workouts!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma