progress picture

gewel321
gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
I know I've lost weight and I look different but my brain had not caught up with just how different I looked until I did a side by side comparison. Wanted to share with everyone so that you can see that it can happen if you just keep with it. 5c04vth7zhz0.jpg

Replies

• bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Wonderful progress!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Looking great!
  • MissHw87
    MissHw87 Posts: 10 Member
    Wow amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,276 Member
    Nice job, both of you! I need to take some new progress pictures.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    That's awesome!
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks for sharing! So motivational.
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Wow! That's AMAZING progress! Great job!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    @bobsburgersfan wow! you are doing fantastic! That's a huge difference (in a good way :D )

Though you are really smiling in the first pic, sort of in the second, but not in the 3rd - it ought to be the other way around :tongue:
  • bobsburgersfan
    @bobsburgersfan wow! you are doing fantastic! That's a huge difference (in a good way :D )

Though you are really smiling in the first pic, sort of in the second, but not in the 3rd - it ought to be the other way around :tongue:
    LOL, I noticed that. I didn't try at all with my face in today's picture. :D
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I seldom smile in pictures so I can't say much.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    @bobsburgersfan Girl! That is awesome!
  • bobsburgersfan
    Thank you all! As much as I hate that old before picture, it's so good to remember where I started.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thank you all! As much as I hate that old before picture, it's so good to remember where I started.

I hate my before picture too but when I see someone else's that I know I always think that additional weight never diminished that person's awesomeness.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    we are the same people on the inside. A lot of people think that "if I could just lose weight, I'd be a) sexy b) attractive c) happy d) whatever else they can think of".

But the truth is, who we are doesn't change when we lose weight; it doesn't matter what the outside is, the core of who we are stays the same - well, other than hopefully growing a little wiser! So if we don't look at the real root of our problems and issues, we set ourselves up for disappointment when that happiness we think we'll reach when we hit goal weight isn't there.

There are lots of stories around of people talking about how they thought losing weight would help their depression, anxiety, self image, whatever, only to find when they got to goal that all those problems were still there.

Though I do admit that I feel a little more confident now that I'm 130 lbs lighter and I do find myself wondering what people are thinking now when before I just cringed assuming their thoughts were "what a fat cow!" Though I do find myself wanting to scream out that what you see today is a vast improvement over what I was!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @bobsburgersfan - Incredible! You are doing so great!