Keto and Fasting

Hello everyone! I’ve been doing a combination of Keto and intermittent fasting since January of this year.

How many people out here are doing it, what’s your experience with it, and what are your goals?

Since January I’ve lost about 45 pounds. I want to loose about 60 more. I just want to generally to be fit enough to go out and be confident and be able to do things and have a good time.

I’m 6 feet, current weight is 284, goal weight 220. That would put me at about 15% body fat.

Share with me your experiences with Keto and fasting, whether good or bad!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    alexr0cks wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I’ve been doing a combination of Keto and intermittent fasting since January of this year.

How many people out here are doing it, what’s your experience with it, and what are your goals?

Since January I’ve lost about 45 pounds. I want to loose about 60 more. I just want to generally to be fit enough to go out and be confident and be able to do things and have a good time.

I’m 6 feet, current weight is 284, goal weight 220. That would put me at about 15% body fat.

Share with me your experiences with Keto and fasting, whether good or bad!

Hi. Congrats on the weight loss so far. Didn't care for keto when I tried it but I have done some form of what is now called intermittent fasting for several decades. My results were both a large weight gain and now a large weight loss.

At this point you be starting to feel a lot better and hopefully having a lot of NSVs. Your weight loss should start to slow down but that is a necessary thing for it to move along in a healthy fashion.

I am approaching the end of my weight loss so my goals are to keep working on habit changes that I can sustain for the rest of my life because I absolutely refuse to consider a scenario where I regain. I do not have a weight goal. I assume I will know what it is when I get there. I will start watching for one in about 10-15 more pounds. Improving my state of fitness is actually a bigger goal right now than losing the rest. That is being hampered a little by the virus but I am still working at it.
  • X_PrettyOdd
    X_PrettyOdd Posts: 9 Member
    Not keto here, but i did decide to go back to intermittent fasting. Feel free to add 😊
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    keto and IF are both good ways to shed pounds. i’ve had success with both but fell off the keto wagon after a while because i had to give up so many of my favourite foods. but when i was on keto, my energy levels and health markers were great, once i got past the first few weeks of keto flu. keep doing what you’re doing and congrats on losing so much already!
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    In my first week of keto and loving it. Too soon to say much else... but seriously surprised by how much I love it and don’t miss any foods yet. Interested in others experiences as well.
  • justblakee
    justblakee Posts: 7 Member
    I am not doing keto, more like low carb. I do like to IF though, I am back on the wagon, after life derailed me for a bit. Best wishes on your journey!
  • patricebig
    patricebig Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats on your success. I just started keto this week with IF (16:8) everyday. I’m loving it so far. I was doing low carb before, but wanted to reduce my sugar cravings before getting into Keto. Right now I’m just losing water weight, but the scale is going down everyday. I’m finding that the combination of the two have reduced my hunger drastically. I’m finding it hard to make myself eat as I’m not getting very hungry. Would love any helpful tips that you think helped you stay on track/motivated
  • Tattooedwarriorx
    Tattooedwarriorx Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone im Sinead , been doing IF for 4 weeks and I notice my mental health and memory improve so much. Haven't been too strict on the calories but I have lost 11bs in the first week so I have now to keep track because i don't seem to be losing anymore so time to get focused on everything 💯. Could use this support. Congrats on the weight loss so far 😊.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    I need to go back to IF. I’m doing low carb, close to Keto but not quite. I loved the benefits of IF. It helped with cravings and I lost weight. Hoof lick on the rest of your journey!