Jan ending weight: 228.5
    Feb ending weight: 219.6
    March ending weight: 215.1
    April ending weight: 205.2

May 7: 204.7
    May 14: 201.2 <= No longer obese!!!
    May 21: 199.2
    May 28: 196.7

8 pound loss in May. I'll take it! I've been keeping up consistently with my treadmill and have started just a bit of strength training also. Unfortunately, my knee is sore today, so I may actually take a day off! I also have an enormous blister between my big toe and second toe. I've had it for several days now and haven't let it slow me down, but ugh, what a pain. I rotate among several pairs of shoes for my workouts to avoid this issue and I have great double-layer socks that generally help prevent blisters, but with the blister between my toes, I'm not blaming the shoes or socks. I think I've just been walking SO MUCH that my big toe just couldn't take the friction anymore. I can bike for a little bit instead, but my back doesn't love it. Anyway, I'll figure something out!!! Hope you're all having an amazing week! <3
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,599 Member
    5/1-251.6
    5/8-252.2
    5/16-251.6
    5/22-253.4
    528-252.0
  • gma38059
    gma38059 Posts: 25 Member
    gma38059 wrote: »
    Just joining today - this looks like a group I can relate to. I started my journey last year in September when I hit 233+. I've been feeling around for something I could stick with and think I've got it. As of today, I'm at 212.4. It's been interesting and I've found that I am sensitive (not allergic) to grain carbs. If I eat whole grain anything or bread of any kind, I bloat... and I do mean bloat. I'm not trying to get extreme on this weight loss - 2 to 3 lbs a week will be just fine for me and I'll be ok with no loss for a week or two while my body adjusts to the new me... as long as I don't gain any back. I tend to weigh every day, but only log it once per week - usually on Monday or Tuesday. I'm using MFP to track my progress and figured I'd try to make some new friends along the way.

Good luck to everyone!

Ruth

So... check-in time... been a bit over a week, but here we are:
    Sept 2019 - started@ 233
    May 20 2020: started challenge at 212.4
    May 29 2020 (today): 211.2 On target for 1 to 2 per week.
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    Jan 1: 238.4
    Jan 29: 237.4
    Feb 26: 238.0
    March 26: 241.2
    April 30: 252.4
    May 15: 250.6
    May 29: 249.0 on the right track! Been out walking 5-6 times a week all month. 28 miles this week. Mostly because I get bored at home. Monday is my last contract day with school, our kiddos finished up yesterday (optional online, so haven’t been hearing much from them lately). I’m super psyched right now because my husband and I fell in love with an apartment and just found out yesterday that they accepted our application. We’ve been commuting for 4 years now, and the new place will be 10-20 minutes from our jobs, not on a busy (read: loud) intersection, and we will finally have 2 bathrooms, a washer/dryer, and central air. It’s also 3rd floor with vaulted ceilings, wood burning fireplace, a window garden, and a deck.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Been out walking 5-6 times a week all month. 28 miles this week. Mostly because I get bored at home. Monday is my last contract day with school, our kiddos finished up yesterday (optional online, so haven’t been hearing much from them lately). I’m super psyched right now because my husband and I fell in love with an apartment and just found out yesterday that they accepted our application. We’ve been commuting for 4 years now, and the new place will be 10-20 minutes from our jobs, not on a busy (read: loud) intersection, and we will finally have 2 bathrooms, a washer/dryer, and central air. It’s also 3rd floor with vaulted ceilings, wood burning fireplace, a window garden, and a deck.

So happy for you! The apartment sounds lovely! I hope you'll have time over the summer to keep up with the workouts and to recharge before the next school year.

• jules9812
    jules9812 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi there, I thought I’d join this group too. Right now I’m 252 lbs. I’m a little disheartened because I gained 30 lbs since this January. I’ve fluctuated with my weight my whole life but it’s getting pretty bad now and I put on weight really quickly.

I’d love to be a part of this group :)
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Hi all! Just found this thread and thought I’d join too :)
    27/F from a tiny town in Wyoming. I’ve been ignoring my health for years and basically eating whatever whenever and not thinking too much about it. Sure, I had tried dieting in the past, got bored or frustrated and went for a burger vowing to try again. I was bigger,I have always been bigger, but i thought it wasn’t affecting my life(I mean I was still active wasn’t I?)....Until I hopped on the scale and cried like a child. decided right then and there that something had to be done. Not for looks, but for my health. Neither one of my parents made it to 65 and the road I’m on wont allow me to make it there either. I have to change. I have to be better. So I started again, except this time I mean business.

One month in 15lbs down. Only like 100 and something left to lose 😝
    SW-315
    LW-299.1
    Way to go! I’ll be joining you in “Two-terville” as they call it, soon enough! I’m sitting at 301.6 this morning. I’ve also had the same attitude about not thinking I’m thaaaat unhealthy but every so often I would struggle to do something totally normal and simple and it hit home. Like walking up the stairs. Or standing up from the couch. Or walking to the park.
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    jennifersusanmcdougall Posts: 223 Member
    I just did my first excerise routine and man that was hard. There were three things I couldn't do. They have a lower less impact version of the harder ones. I'll let you know when I can do it all. One was push ups which I can't do. It's a two week shred so by next week maybe I'll be able to actually be more fluient in the motions.
  • VeggieMeg71
    Hi all! Just found this thread and thought I’d join too :)
    27/F from a tiny town in Wyoming. I’ve been ignoring my health for years and basically eating whatever whenever and not thinking too much about it. Sure, I had tried dieting in the past, got bored or frustrated and went for a burger vowing to try again. I was bigger,I have always been bigger, but i thought it wasn’t affecting my life(I mean I was still active wasn’t I?)....Until I hopped on the scale and cried like a child. decided right then and there that something had to be done. Not for looks, but for my health. Neither one of my parents made it to 65 and the road I’m on wont allow me to make it there either. I have to change. I have to be better. So I started again, except this time I mean business.

One month in 15lbs down. Only like 100 and something left to lose 😝
    SW-315
    LW-299.1

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Remember that you don't have to be perfect to continue progressing. One unhealthy choice now and again doesn't have to derail all of the healthy choices you have the opportunity to make. Try not to think of this as dieting, but rather a transition to a more healthy lifestyle, and every small change you make gets you that much closer to your goal of living a long and healthy life. You don't have to change everything all at once. Be patient with yourself and remember that every healthy choice you make is just one step towards a stronger, healthier you!
  • VeggieMeg71
    I just did my first excerise routine and man that was hard. There were three things I couldn't do. They have a lower less impact version of the harder ones. I'll let you know when I can do it all. One was push ups which I can't do. It's a two week shred so by next week maybe I'll be able to actually be more fluient in the motions.

Good for you! q1pi5r6188yc.jpeg
  • gcreardon
    gcreardon Posts: 13 Member
    Start: 262.6
    Goal: 170
    May 2020 loss: 3.8

05/21/20: 262.6
    05/25/20: 260.8
    06/01/20: 258.8

Since I just decided to get serious, I got a food scale and a piece of home gym equipment (since our gyms are closed and I need something that trains me to walk lol). Also, the food scale is blue, so it matches my kitchen things and makes me smile. Its the small things in life, right? Working on realizing what real portion sizes are and pre-portioning things so I don't eat everything (it is hard when it tastes so good).

Also, since I bulk cook my dinners, looking forward to this week. Harissa chicken with broccoli and carrots! If I feel it needs a grain one day, I have some couscous. My friend is also doing "eat your vegetables" (@eatyourvegchallenge on IG), so out of COVID solidarity/for fun, my friend group is doing the same (or as close as we can given our own needs).
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    jennifersusanmcdougall Posts: 223 Member
    I'm doing the fat to fit challenge on here. Also Chloe Tang 2 week shred just did day 3. It's hard I couldn't do 3 things now it's two. Also did a bike ride today too.
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Weigh in
    SW 225

6/2/20.     193.8
    May loss 1.8 lbs/ net 31
  • gcreardon
    gcreardon Posts: 13 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 : Glad you found the house and your offer was accepted! It sounds like everything is working out timing wise too. And part of the reason I've gotten back into Diablo III and Skyrim: because they keep my hands busy. Mainly Diablo III. Skyrim I can somewhat do with one hand if I am letting my character sneak across the map.

Also, that is my fear with my ankles. My first reconstruction was when I was 19. Second was almost exactly 8 years later (same ankle). I need to work on coordination, for sure, so I don't keep doing this, but also weight in case I do. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    I'm down for this. I enjoy running and mountain biking, and when I ballooned to 221 by March this year, the added weight was causing me to exercise poor form and was leading to injuries - not to mention I was out-growing my clothes and I was feeling sluggish. My goal is to get down to 195 and I've so far dropped 13.5 pounds through exercise (varying routine and intensity is key), eating more whole/natural foods, and drinking more water & less craft beer though I'm happy to see low-cal/low-carb craft beer is trending. :smile:
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    May 5: 312
    May 12: 310.4
    May 19: 306
    May 26: 306
    June 2: 301.2

Alright back on track! Can’t wait to hit the 200s. Is tomorrow the day? 🧐

I did see a 4 mile walk today. Hamstring was tight again. Could be dehydration I just realized. Next walk I’m going to make sure to drink up before and during. When I got back I also did planks (6 minutes so far in June. I bumped my goal up to 70 minutes for the month so I’ll need to either have longer sessions or fewer rest days than I did in May). And I did some jump rope. I decided that my next goal is jump rope, not pushups or whatever else I was considering. I’m going for 10 minutes a day and 1 minute straight by the end of the month.
    Whew. Long day is over! Will be back next Tuesday at least for my weekly check in.
  • VeggieMeg71
    May 5: 312
    May 12: 310.4
    May 19: 306
    May 26: 306
    June 2: 301.2

Alright back on track! Can’t wait to hit the 200s. Is tomorrow the day? 🧐

I did see a 4 mile walk today. Hamstring was tight again. Could be dehydration I just realized. Next walk I’m going to make sure to drink up before and during. When I got back I also did planks (6 minutes so far in June. I bumped my goal up to 70 minutes for the month so I’ll need to either have longer sessions or fewer rest days than I did in May). And I did some jump rope. I decided that my next goal is jump rope, not pushups or whatever else I was considering. I’m going for 10 minutes a day and 1 minute straight by the end of the month.
    Whew. Long day is over! Will be back next Tuesday at least for my weekly check in.

Great job!