Going hardcore but not loosing?!

Options
naomi0319
naomi0319 Posts: 3 Member
totally disappointing but I've started dieting and working out pretty hardcore (or at least in comparison to what I was doing) and I've literally gained weight! I don't feel any slimmer, in fact I feel fairly bloated.

What gives?!?!?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    How long have you been back at it? How accurately are you tracking your calories? How much weight do you want to lose?
  • naomi0319
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How long have you been back at it? How accurately are you tracking your calories? How much weight do you want to lose?

I've been back at it for a solid week now. And I'm tracking everything that I eat and/or drink so I'm staying dead on. I'm actually tracking by two different methods. Ideally, I'd like to loose 50lbs in the long run but short term, I'd like to loose 25lbs.
  • elankesnyman101
    elankesnyman101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. It might also help to keep in mind that hardcore workouts will build muscle, so you can also gain muscle weight. Not sure if it would have happened so soon, but if you ever lose inches but not weight, it could be that
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    k99q88qz7xdx.jpg
  • naomi0319
    Options
    I mean I'm not expecting immediate results, I'm not that ignorant. But to be doing this two weeks now and gaining weight is a real bummer especially a few months ago when all I was doing was mildly dieting, I lost 10 lbs. 🤷‍♀️