Can someone join me in losing ten pounds by June?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    eminater wrote: »
    Challenge Goal Weight: 198.0

May 16: ** will I see the 1xx.x in May?
    May 23: 198.4 lbs

Reflections:
    Week 8 - the last 2 weeks have taught me A LOT about the type of activity that I do and that the step count is not my best indicator of activity. I am starting to look more toward active minutes. And I really thought it was down to diet alone, but for me at the moment, that really slowed my losses. Like by heaps. I really want to meet my goal by June 6th and I am just going to focus one day at a time - with forgiveness and love.

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down 3.4lbs in 2 weeks and into onederland 🎉💃🔥

It's so good you've fixed some problem areas and I'm so excited to see what happens these next two weeks for you! 🤗
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options
    Challenge goal weight: 120

I'm more than happy with my results in the last 3 months! ❤️ Now my main goal will be to maintain them.

@Dorgle690's challenge was the first one I joined after I found MFP community and it was a great motivation to share with all of you, it gave me a feeling of integrity and common goal, so you are one of the main reasons for my success! Thank you, girls! ❤️🌼💜

Love this! So happy for you and you can absolutely maintain!! You've got this 💪🎉
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Starting Weight: 145.3lbs / 65.9kgs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 135lbs / 61.2kgs *Hit!
    New Challenge Goal Weight: 130lbs / 59kgs

March Loss: 6.4lbs / 2.9kgs
    March 1: late start
    March 8: late start
    March 15: 145.3lbs / 65.9kgs
    March 22: 142.2lbs / 64.5kgs -3.1lbs/1.4kgs
    just the water weight etc. this week, with getting back on track and sticking to my calorie goal. Currently rehabbing some injuries so doing yoga and min 5kms walking daily. Hoping to start adding in some jogging and strength training by this time next week!! 🤗
    March 31: 138.9lbs / 63.0kgs -3.3lbs/1.5kgs--so surprised!
    I was gonna give myself a fresh bakery treat as a reward for getting under 140 in the coming weeks but now it just feels too soon! I've done well controlling my sugar cravings so dont wanna fall back into that trap too soon. I don't have a scale so I didn't manage to weigh in on Sunday (I do use the same scale to weigh in each time, it's just not mine). Here's to hoping the scale keeps moving in the right direction and I don't hit an early plateau! 💃🌞 Keep up the good work everyone! 💕
    April Loss: 5.3lbs / 2.4kgs
    April 6: 138.7lbs / 62.9kgs
    -0.2lbs/0.1kg
    plateaued this week from a few changes, but mostly I think it's been alternating LISS days and workouts. I'm rehabbing a cpl injuries so I'm only doing 30 minute workouts (TIU and beginner Kayla). If I do a workout I dont walk on the same day, and take a LISS day the next day. This past week I did 4 workouts so I only did my walk a cpl times this week which I think made the difference. Going to keep at this routine for now as it's been really good getting in a few pain-free workouts, and doing yoga everyday. Gonna try to up my steps on workout days and hope I at least don't put weight on this week 😅 keep it up everyone!! 💪🤗
    April 12: 136.0lbs/61.7kgs -2.7lbs/1.2kgs
    YOU GUYS I've had the best week!!! I've been walking 7km+ most days and doing workouts every other day, INCLUDING days I walk 🎉, yoga everyday and my injuries feel sooo good!!! I'm so excited!!! As far as diet I've had a few small changes recently. I've switched to whole foods, plant-based, which I was doing about 70% previously but I've ramped that up to about 95% now. I'm really excited to see the effects on my nutrients and macros this week and see where I need to make changes. If anyones looking for a little inspo or maybe a little information, I HIGHLY recommend "The Game Changers" on Netflix. I'm not saying you should follow what they say but it's an interesting watch when you've probably binged everything else by now (me) 😅 I hope everyone else is as excited as I am for this coming week cause you're all amazing and you've got this!! 👏💪
    April 19: 134.9lbs / 61.2kgs
    -1.1lbs / 0.5kgs *HIT ORIGINAL GOAL🎉
    So I've hit my original goal and I've readjusted to 130lbs/60kgs for June 7th. I'm going to try to stretch this out with a slower weight loss and see if I can get closer to losing 0.5-1lb/week. I worked on this last week and did pretty well. At this stage I don't need to be dropping more than that in a week and I wanna make sure I stay as healthy as possible. I've ramped up my workouts and I'm feeling really good. Had a lethargic day two days ago so I took a full on rest day and ate some extra (healthy) cals to keep my body and mind on track. At this point my focus is shifting to strength and mental health so we'll see how I go 💪🤗🎉

P.S. I'm so inspired by all of you! You guys are absolutely killing this and not letting the bad weeks affect your goals. You are all amazing and I'm so happy we're in this together 💕🌞

April 26: 133.4lbs / 60.5kgs
    -1.5lbs / 0.7kgs
    Not angry but losing more than my weekly plan 😅 I haven't been eating back all my exercise cals because they're just an estimate from fitbit/mfp so I just assume they're too high lol. I have to go down the coast for an appointment this week so I'll see how the diet and exercise goes while we're away. Next week might fluctuate a bit but I'm so happy with my progress that I dont even care 💃 *my treat for going back to work is gonna be a heart rate monitoring tracker/watch (thinking Charge 3??) 🤗

P.S. I took measurements this morning and I wish I'd done them at the start cause holy moly! I took some updated photos and I can telllllllll!!! Can't wait for the progress results on June 7th 🎉🍾 *do yourself a fav and take honest photos and measurements--even a month will show results 💕
    Haven't updated May yet.. whoops! But I have been checking in each week and reading everyones posts 💪
    May 3: DNW - out of town
    May 13: 135.6lbs / 61.5kgs
    gained a kilo hanging at the bfs family home for two weeks lollll we thought we were only going to be out of town for a few days and it turned into 2 weeks so we were kinda making due with meals on a day-to-day basis without meal planning and this was the result! Delicious and enjoyed myself and worked out 6-7 days/week so I'm not mad 🤗
    May 17: 134.0lbs / 60.8kgs
    getting back on track but I haven't been counting my cals so I'm glad I've been losing haha 🙈 working out 6-7days/wk and walking 5-7kms most days. Buuutttttt......
    NSV-TIME!!!! Bfs whole family was so impressed with my weight loss and everyone noticed which felt really good!! I'm also seeing so much definition now in my arms but also my aaaabbbssssss are starting to peek out and I'm like whaaaaaaat!!!! So even though I've gained recently I'm so happy with my non-scale victories that it doesnt even phase me!!! 💃🎉🤗
    May 24: 132.9lbs / 60.3kgs
    -1.1lbs / 0.5kgs
    So impressed with myself since I haven't been counting cals, just trying to put in place what I've learned along the way! Still working out ~7days/wk and noticing more and more definition! Cant wait to see where we're all at in two weeks!! 💃💪
    May 31:

June 7 (last weigh in!):
    Final thoughts:
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    l5viddhrm2q0.jpeg
    g4ufp5qaqt0t.jpeg
    The scale is a good tool but looking at the bigger picture is useful too. I found the old picture with the green shirt in my photo albums. This pic must be 5 years old and the other photo was taken this month.
    Challenge Goal Weight: 146.8lbs (fancy digital scale that broke) to 132lbs (on old school scale). I’m 5’2”

March 1: 146.8
    March 8: 144.0
    March 15: 143.8
    March 22:
    March 29: 140lbs (tbh, my digital scale seems to be having trouble weighing consistently so I had to switch back to my old school scale. My old school scale is always consistent but weighs me in as a little less than the fancy digital scale).

April 4: 140lbs
    April 12: 139lbs
    April 19: 139lbs
    April 25: 136lbs
    May 3: 140lbs (Looks like I ate plenty on my staycation although I crushed my workouts)
    May 9: 139lbs (Hmmm, was hoping last weeks weight spike would have plummeted... oh well. I didn’t count calories this week but ate light. Ultimately, my goal is to get a feel for the calories to the point that counting is not needed).
    May 17: 140lbs
    May 24: 139lb (at this point I won’t make my goal by June 7th but I am down several pounds so it is a win either way)
    May 31:

June 7 (last weigh in!): 132lbs goal
    Final thoughts: Will get a new DEXA scan in June for comparison!

• Dorgle690
    Dorgle690 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Challenge Goal Weight: 143

March Loss: 8 lbs
    March 1: 161.2 - Happy to see the scale a bit lower than I’m used to!
    March 8: 159.6 - Yay!
    March 15: 159.2 - Well, at least it's still going down! :smiley:
    March 22: 155.6 - I think the stress of self isolation is getting to me. Yikes…! :sweat_smile:
    March 29: 153.2 - Being home has given me lots of time to focus on my health and weight loss, that's for sure! I always look forward to posting here, everyone is so kind and supportive. No matter where you are in your journey, whether you have gained, lost, or stayed the same, you are valid! You are still working on it, progress doesn't just happen overnight, it happens through daily commitment. Stay safe everyone! :heart:

April Loss: 5 lbs
    April 5: 151.6 - WOOHOO!!! I didn’t realize I was already at my challenge goal weight! I’m gonna change my goal weight to 143 and see where I go with that. YAY! :D
    April 12: 149.8 - The numbers on the scale still haven’t really sunk in yet. It feels like the scale has to be messing up, but that’s what I weigh now. Only 12 lbs to go until I reach what was once my highest weight of 137 lbs. My clothes fit so much better now. Some of my shirts that were tight and form fitting now fit comfortably (almost loosely) around even the widest parts of me. I know probably I ate over my calorie goal today, but it’s Easter so it’s whatever. One day won’t mess up one month of progress!
    April 20: 148.4 - Yay!
    April 27: 146.6 - Today’s weigh-in shocked me, the number finally sunk in. I’m so proud of myself for getting to where I am today. I never thought it was possible! I can’t wait to see all of the amazing progress we’ll all have made by the end of this challenge! I wouldn't have been able to do this without each and every one of you! :heart:

May Loss: .6 lbs
    May 4: DNW
    May 10: 146 - It’s been difficult to stay on track recently. I haven’t exercised in more than a week and I know I haven’t been sticking to my goals. I’m getting there, though. I know that motivation is unreliable and that dedication is what will get me through this, but I just needed a break. I will get back on track because I know that if I keep doing comfortable things I’ll never change and grow as a person. To anyone else out there who is struggling just know you’re not alone. Hang in there, success is just around the corner! :heart:
    May 17: 148 - YIKES. I have fallen into a quarantine slump. It’s getting difficult to see the reason behind working out and eating right. It feels a little useless like “how is one workout going to change me?” But I know that one workout WILL change me. Sometimes exercising is more than just working towards your goals, it’s a way to clear your mind and feel better. I will keep with it and soon I will feel better.
    May 24: 145.4 - I haven't been doing too great with my goals lately, but at least this is a step in the right direction!
    May 31:

June 7 (last weigh in!):
    Final thoughts:

• Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    Options

March 1: 135
    March 8: 132.3
    March 15: 131
    March 21: 128.1
    March 28: 126

April 4: 125.2
    April 11: 123
    April 18: 121.7
    April 26: 121.7

May 2: 121.5
    May 9: 121
    May 16: 118.2
    May 23: 117.5
    May 30: 117.1

June 6 (last weigh in!):
    Final thoughts:

Happy happy happy ❤️😊❤️
  • Bluebell2325
    Bluebell2325 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Challenge Goal Weight: 133 lbs
    (Height: 5 foot 2½ inches)

March loss: 4.2 lbs
    March 1: Missed - late to the party.
    March 8: 143 lbs - feeling wobbley and not liking it one bit, ready for getting back to it.
    March 15: 142.2 lbs - started reading James Smith's "Not a Diet Book" last night, hoping it'll help get my head back into the right frame of mind and reduce (if not avoid) self sabotage.
    March 21: 138.8 lbs - feeling good. Did kettlebells last night, first time in ages, it was fantastic (and I didn't break any light fittings).
    March 29: 138.8 lbs - got that TOTM feeling, sore and achey, but otherwise cheerful.

April loss: 1.8 lbs
    April 4: 138.8 lbs - two and a half weeks into social distancing. Feeling upbeat, in a good place mentally, feeling quite relaxed. But being at home all day every day, working from home, exercising from home, with two kids that want to eat me out of house and home and only essential travel allowed, I can't just nip to the shop for this or that I have to work with what I've got. I know there's been some not great food choices so I'm surprised I haven't put on weight to be honest. Onwards...
    April 11: 137.6 lbs - heading in the right direction slowly. I know my water intake needs to improve.
    April 18: 136.4 lbs - my water intake still hasn't improved. But happy and healthy and managing ok during this Covid crisis and quarantine.
    April 25: 137.0 lbs - once in a blue moon I have a horrendously awful and painful TOTM. That sums up this week.

May 2: 136.4 lbs
    May 9: 137.4 lbs - not a great week in terms of food or exercise, teenage kids struggling with lockdown so they've been my priority and the focus of my efforts.
    May 16: 135.6 lbs
    May 23: 135.6 lbs
    May 30: 133.0 lbs - finally feeling like things are moving in the right direction. I feel fitter, I feel slimmer, I feel less wobble. This weight was the end goal for this 3 month challenge. I'll be so pleased if I maintain it for next week and it's not just a result of the current heatwave.

June 6 (last weigh in!):
    Final thoughts:
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options

just the water weight etc. this week, with getting back on track and sticking to my calorie goal. Currently rehabbing some injuries so doing yoga and min 5kms walking daily. Hoping to start adding in some jogging and strength training by this time next week!! 🤗
    I was gonna give myself a fresh bakery treat as a reward for getting under 140 in the coming weeks but now it just feels too soon! I've done well controlling my sugar cravings so dont wanna fall back into that trap too soon. I don't have a scale so I didn't manage to weigh in on Sunday (I do use the same scale to weigh in each time, it's just not mine). Here's to hoping the scale keeps moving in the right direction and I don't hit an early plateau! 💃🌞 Keep up the good work everyone! 💕
    -0.2lbs/0.1kg
    plateaued this week from a few changes, but mostly I think it's been alternating LISS days and workouts. I'm rehabbing a cpl injuries so I'm only doing 30 minute workouts (TIU and beginner Kayla). If I do a workout I dont walk on the same day, and take a LISS day the next day. This past week I did 4 workouts so I only did my walk a cpl times this week which I think made the difference. Going to keep at this routine for now as it's been really good getting in a few pain-free workouts, and doing yoga everyday. Gonna try to up my steps on workout days and hope I at least don't put weight on this week 😅 keep it up everyone!! 💪🤗
    YOU GUYS I've had the best week!!! I've been walking 7km+ most days and doing workouts every other day, INCLUDING days I walk 🎉, yoga everyday and my injuries feel sooo good!!! I'm so excited!!! As far as diet I've had a few small changes recently. I've switched to whole foods, plant-based, which I was doing about 70% previously but I've ramped that up to about 95% now. I'm really excited to see the effects on my nutrients and macros this week and see where I need to make changes. If anyones looking for a little inspo or maybe a little information, I HIGHLY recommend "The Game Changers" on Netflix. I'm not saying you should follow what they say but it's an interesting watch when you've probably binged everything else by now (me) 😅 I hope everyone else is as excited as I am for this coming week cause you're all amazing and you've got this!! 👏💪
    So I've hit my original goal and I've readjusted to 130lbs/60kgs for June 7th. I'm going to try to stretch this out with a slower weight loss and see if I can get closer to losing 0.5-1lb/week. I worked on this last week and did pretty well. At this stage I don't need to be dropping more than that in a week and I wanna make sure I stay as healthy as possible. I've ramped up my workouts and I'm feeling really good. Had a lethargic day two days ago so I took a full on rest day and ate some extra (healthy) cals to keep my body and mind on track. At this point my focus is shifting to strength and mental health so we'll see how I go 💪🤗🎉

P.S. I'm so inspired by all of you! You guys are absolutely killing this and not letting the bad weeks affect your goals. You are all amazing and I'm so happy we're in this together 💕🌞

-1.5lbs / 0.7kgs
    Not angry but losing more than my weekly plan 😅 I haven't been eating back all my exercise cals because they're just an estimate from fitbit/mfp so I just assume they're too high lol. I have to go down the coast for an appointment this week so I'll see how the diet and exercise goes while we're away. Next week might fluctuate a bit but I'm so happy with my progress that I dont even care 💃 *my treat for going back to work is gonna be a heart rate monitoring tracker/watch (thinking Charge 3??) 🤗

P.S. I took measurements this morning and I wish I'd done them at the start cause holy moly! I took some updated photos and I can telllllllll!!! Can't wait for the progress results on June 7th 🎉🍾 *do yourself a fav and take honest photos and measurements--even a month will show results 💕
    Haven't updated May yet.. whoops! But I have been checking in each week and reading everyones posts 💪
    gained a kilo hanging at the bfs family home for two weeks lollll we thought we were only going to be out of town for a few days and it turned into 2 weeks so we were kinda making due with meals on a day-to-day basis without meal planning and this was the result! Delicious and enjoyed myself and worked out 6-7 days/week so I'm not mad 🤗
    getting back on track but I haven't been counting my cals so I'm glad I've been losing haha 🙈 working out 6-7days/wk and walking 5-7kms most days. Buuutttttt......
    NSV-TIME!!!! Bfs whole family was so impressed with my weight loss and everyone noticed which felt really good!! I'm also seeing so much definition now in my arms but also my aaaabbbssssss are starting to peek out and I'm like whaaaaaaat!!!! So even though I've gained recently I'm so happy with my non-scale victories that it doesnt even phase me!!! 💃🎉🤗
    -1.1lbs / 0.5kgs
    So impressed with myself since I haven't been counting cals, just trying to put in place what I've learned along the way! Still working out ~7days/wk and noticing more and more definition! Cant wait to see where we're all at in two weeks!! 💃💪
    May 31: 132.5lbs / 60.1kgs
    Again, super happy with where I'm at as I haven't been counting, just using what I've learned. Pushing my current weight goal to the end of June as I'm not gonna hit it next week but I still plan on dropping another 5-8 lbs. Started a new workout challenge today, so we'll see if that makes any changes. Still so impressed with my definition and consistency, we'll see what June brings! 🤗

June 7 (last weigh in!):
    Final thoughts:
  • Bluebell2325
    Options
    Challenge Goal Weight: 133 lbs
    (Height: 5 foot 2½ inches)

March loss: 4.2 lbs
    March 1: Missed - late to the party.
    March 8: 143 lbs - feeling wobbley and not liking it one bit, ready for getting back to it.
    March 15: 142.2 lbs - started reading James Smith's "Not a Diet Book" last night, hoping it'll help get my head back into the right frame of mind and reduce (if not avoid) self sabotage.
    March 21: 138.8 lbs - feeling good. Did kettlebells last night, first time in ages, it was fantastic (and I didn't break any light fittings).
    March 29: 138.8 lbs - got that TOTM feeling, sore and achey, but otherwise cheerful.

April loss: 1.8 lbs
    April 4: 138.8 lbs - two and a half weeks into social distancing. Feeling upbeat, in a good place mentally, feeling quite relaxed. But being at home all day every day, working from home, exercising from home, with two kids that want to eat me out of house and home and only essential travel allowed, I can't just nip to the shop for this or that I have to work with what I've got. I know there's been some not great food choices so I'm surprised I haven't put on weight to be honest. Onwards...
    April 11: 137.6 lbs - heading in the right direction slowly. I know my water intake needs to improve.
    April 18: 136.4 lbs - my water intake still hasn't improved. But happy and healthy and managing ok during this Covid crisis and quarantine.
    April 25: 137.0 lbs - once in a blue moon I have a horrendously awful and painful TOTM. That sums up this week.

May loss: 4.0 lbs
    May 2: 136.4 lbs
    May 9: 137.4 lbs - not a great week in terms of food or exercise, teenage kids struggling with lockdown so they've been my priority and the focus of my efforts.
    May 16: 135.6 lbs
    May 23: 135.6 lbs
    May 30: 133.0 lbs finally feeling like things are moving in the right direction. I feel fitter, I feel slimmer, I feel less wobble. This weight was the end goal for this 3 month challenge. I'll be so pleased if I maintain it for next week and it's not just a result of the current heatwave.

June 6 (last weigh in!): 133 lbs
    Final thoughts: Happy with that. I hit my target last week and I have maintained it this week. I'm still very much still in the re kick starting my journey on here after some time away last year (life s hit). With my restart I hoped to get back lost confidence as well as get fit, get healthy, losing weight came secondary really. Things have been complicated by Covid-19 circumstances, working from home, schools closed so kids home schooling, lockdown meaning I can't just nip to the shops for a couple of items, etc. So I know food and exercise choices haven't always been spot on throughout, but we live and learn and I'm not going to be hard on myself when I've hit my goal and the kids are happy and healthy. I'm feeling much more confident that I can keep this going and I'm looking forward to setting my next goal. Thanks for the support everyone!! Love to all 💕
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options

-0.2lbs/0.1kg

-1.5lbs / 0.7kgs

-1.1lbs / 0.5kgs
    May 31: 132.5lbs / 60.1kgs
    Again, super happy with where I'm at as I haven't been counting, just using what I've learned. Pushing my current weight goal to the end of June as I'm not gonna hit it next week but I still plan on dropping another 5-8 lbs. Started a new workout challenge today, so we'll see if that makes any changes. Still so impressed with my definition and consistency, we'll see what June brings! 🤗

June 7 (last weigh in!): 133.6 lbs / 60.6kgs
    Total loss 11.7lbs / 5.3kgs

Final thoughts: Very impressed with myself!! I initially set out to rehab my injuries and start getting fit and ive come so much farther than that! Ive managed to keep the weight down without counting *even though i went a bit crazy with my TOTM cravings this week 😅* and im so much stronger and my i juries feel so good. I cant wait to keep this up and see where i go from here.

Thank you all for the support and motivation these three months 💜💃🥂

Keep it up 💪
  • Dorgle690
    Dorgle690 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Challenge Starting Weight: 161.2 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 143 lbs

March 22: 155.6 - I think the stress of self isolation is getting to me. Yikes…! :sweat_smile:
    March 29: 153.2 - Being home has given me lots of time to focus on my health and weight loss, that's for sure! I always look forward to posting here, everyone is so kind and supportive. No matter where you are in your journey, whether you have gained, lost, or stayed the same, you are valid! You are still working on it, progress doesn't just happen overnight, it happens through daily commitment. Stay safe everyone! :heart:

April 5: 151.6 - WOOHOO!!! I didn’t realize I was already at my challenge goal weight! I’m gonna change my goal weight to 143 and see where I go with that. YAY! :D
    April 12: 149.8 - The numbers on the scale still haven’t really sunk in yet. It feels like the scale has to be messing up, but that’s what I weigh now. Only 12 lbs to go until I reach what was once my highest weight of 137 lbs. My clothes fit so much better now. Some of my shirts that were tight and form fitting now fit comfortably (almost loosely) around even the widest parts of me. I know probably I ate over my calorie goal today, but it’s Easter so it’s whatever. One day won’t mess up one month of progress!
    April 27: 146.6 - Today’s weigh-in shocked me, the number finally sunk in. I’m so proud of myself for getting to where I am today. I never thought it was possible! I can’t wait to see all of the amazing progress we’ll all have made by the end of this challenge! I wouldn't have been able to do this without each and every one of you! :heart:

May Loss: 0.4 lbs
    May 10: 146 - It’s been difficult to stay on track recently. I haven’t exercised in more than a week and I know I haven’t been sticking to my goals. I’m getting there, though. I know that motivation is unreliable and that dedication is what will get me through this, but I just needed a break. I will get back on track because I know that if I keep doing comfortable things I’ll never change and grow as a person. To anyone else out there who is struggling just know you’re not alone. Hang in there, success is just around the corner! :heart:
    May 17: 148 - YIKES. I have fallen into a quarantine slump. It’s getting difficult to see the reason behind working out and eating right. It feels a little useless like “how is one workout going to change me?” But I know that one workout WILL change me. Sometimes exercising is more than just working towards your goals, it’s a way to clear your mind and feel better. I will keep with it and soon I will feel better.
    May 24: 145.4 - I haven't been doing too great with my goals lately, but at least this is a step in the right direction!
    May 31: 146 - May hasn’t been my best month, but at least I was still trying. I haven’t given up!

June 7 (last weigh in!): 145.6
    Final thoughts: I started this challenge as a way to keep myself accountable so that when the day of my high school graduation finally came, I would be more comfortable in my own skin. At the start of this challenge I was still in school and my graduation was set for June 9th. I wanted to be able to look at the graduation pictures of my friends and I all together and be happy with how I looked in it. But things changed and it all got thrown off course. We were still able to have a graduation, it just had to be a whole lot different than what it was supposed to be. It ended up being nice but it was hard to see my best friend and not be able to be with her. I never got to take pictures with my friends, I never got to officially say goodbye. Nobody saw me in my dress and nobody saw how far I've come because I was hidden underneath a big unflattering graduation gown. I know I lost this weight for myself so I can be healthier and happier, but it's always nice to get compliments especially when it's for something you've worked really hard for. I, like many other people, am just trying to get through all of this craziness and come out better than I was before. It just gets to be difficult when things keep slamming you down. I really hope I can see my best friend before we set off to college. Stay strong, everyone! Thank you for keeping me motivated. :heart:
    Total Loss: 15.6 lbs
  • Bluebell2325
    Options
    Dorgle690 wrote: »
    Challenge Starting Weight: 161.2 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 143 lbs

May Loss: 0.4 lbs
    May 31: 146 - May hasn’t been my best month, but at least I was still trying. I haven’t given up!

June 7 (last weigh in!): 145.6
    Final thoughts: I started this challenge as a way to keep myself accountable so that when the day of my high school graduation finally came, I would be more comfortable in my own skin. At the start of this challenge I was still in school and my graduation was set for June 9th. I wanted to be able to look at the graduation pictures of my friends and I all together and be happy with how I looked in it. But things changed and it all got thrown off course. We were still able to have a graduation, it just had to be a whole lot different than what it was supposed to be. It ended up being nice but it was hard to see my best friend and not be able to be with her. I never got to take pictures with my friends, I never got to officially say goodbye. Nobody saw me in my dress and nobody saw how far I've come because I was hidden underneath a big unflattering graduation gown. I know I lost this weight for myself so I can be healthier and happier, but it's always nice to get compliments especially when it's for something you've worked really hard for. I, like many other people, am just trying to get through all of this craziness and come out better than I was before. It just gets to be difficult when things keep slamming you down. I really hope I can see my best friend before we set off to college. Stay strong, everyone! Thank you for keeping me motivated. :heart:
    Total Loss: 15.6 lbs

Gutted for you and your graduation dreams. Hopefully you will be able to catch up and an "after graduation" party in the future in better and more relaxed circumstances. But for now thank you for letting us join you on this journey, you have done great and you have definitely been a positive inspiration to me. Stay safe! 💕 Mel x
  • Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    Options

March 1: 135
    March 8: 132.3
    March 15: 131
    March 21: 128.1
    March 28: 126

April 4: 125.2
    April 11: 123
    April 18: 121.7
    April 26: 121.7

May 2: 121.5
    May 9: 121
    May 16: 118.2
    May 23: 117.5
    May 30: 117.1

June 11: 116.9

Final thoughts:
    My dear all, this was my first challenge in MFP, through it I found out about Community and the precious support and comfort we can give each other. This is where I found my first MFP friends <3<3<3. My new MFP world meant really a lot to me in this strange situation of isolation - it gave motivation, it gave me strength, it helped me concentrate my thoughts on the positives and use the hard situation for something good for me and my body.

I've struggled with my weight since early teenage years - ups and downs, trying different diets for fast results, followed by periods of severe binging, I had many failures and new many starts - I've seen it all.

Nonetheless, the last three months I can confidently say are my most successful weight loss journey - I ate healthy, I exercised, I learned to drink a lot of water, I started drinking green tea every day and changed many other small things in my everyday life to improve my health and habits. I'm definitely very happy, but I'm above all GRATEFUL to all of you, who were part of my journey, so THANK YOU! o:)

Resolution: more than 18 lbs lost (8+ kg). I lost more than expected and I really enjoy my current weight and fit body.

My dear @Dorgle690, the best part of your journey is just starting - I'm sure you have some really beautiful and precious moments, people and memories ahead of you! <3
  • kbgoals2020
    kbgoals2020 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is this challenge still active?
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    June 7th was the last weigh in day!