Accountability buddy

Replies

• kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Hi everybody! Just checking in. I really like all the comments and encouragement. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

I got low blood sugar more than once this week and that’s a big mistake for me. Doing better with eating regularly for the last couple of days.

I didn’t weigh myself for a long time, but I’m getting back in the habit again. This was a week of establishing habits... logging my food, checking in here, reaffirming my commitment. It’s a marathon, not a sprint! I like what everyone has been saying here about one day at a time.

Here’s to an excellent weekend as well!
  • Mahoganylit
    Mahoganylit Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hello All 👋🏾

@Miss_Snow_White - I do understand being connected to kids or husband. I have a son and I have to cook for him. And changing my habits means now I have to think about what we both will eat. So I just adjusted his habits too. He doesn’t cook. And for his snacks, I buy his but find some just for me. And try and stick to it. It’s hard. But like I always say. One step at a time.

@PatriceFitnessPal @crystalsan726 - I am the same with water. I have to sometimes drink it down with a straw. But I found having my water room temperature and putting some cucumbers 🥒 & lemon 🍋 and sometimes mint in the water makes it taste so much better and it’s easier to drink. I also bought a water bottle with the times on the side to help manage drinking it better.

@mollziwollzi - I love your suggestion to focus on something other than the scale. Along with losing weight, I want to be able to climb some stairs without loosing my breathe. I want to be able to button my pants again. I refuse to buy new clothes. We will fit in these pants again darn it. And I want my energy level back up.

I hope your weigh in went well and your anxiety level has gone down.
    Yesterday was a good day with some victories! I had no sweets yesterday. Everytime I wanted sugar I ate some fruit and it helped so much! I also walked 2 1/2 miles! That is my furthest yet!

So proud of you @crystalsan726

Today’s goals are the same as yesterday -

Take one moment at a time & Forgive myself.
    Stay under cals and make good choices. Drink my water. ADD MY DAILY BODY GROOVE WORKOUT BACK IN.
    What are some habits youd like to give up? Im interested to see what other people would choose.

But I think @Miss_Snow_White has an awesome idea about giving up old habits. So I will also do this challenge for myself. Starting next week, I will stop eating on the 🛋 sofa watching tv. I will eat at the table instead and replace the tv with mindful eating and checking in on MFP.

Happy Saturday

• Mahoganylit
    kmccrom wrote: »
    Hi everybody! Just checking in. I really like all the comments and encouragement. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

I got low blood sugar more than once this week and that’s a big mistake for me. Doing better with eating regularly for the last couple of days.

I didn’t weigh myself for a long time, but I’m getting back in the habit again. This was a week of establishing habits... logging my food, checking in here, reaffirming my commitment. It’s a marathon, not a sprint! I like what everyone has been saying here about one day at a time.

Here’s to an excellent weekend as well!

You’ve got this. And we are here for ya.
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!

Not sure what the weekend means under these weird circumstances... but I wanted to ask all of you if being home and quarantined (unless you are working out there instead of at home in which case I say thank you) has affected your eating habits. For me, it’s been confronting because food is always just right there. But I’ve tried to eat healthy and provide healthy food for my family. There’s no distracting myself through my teaching day.

But... last summer I was successful in losing weight because I had time to focus on it and do this stuff... log my food, connect with fine folks like you all, think about why it matters to me. I’m a teacher so I’m lucky to have that time in the summer.

Anyway, the weekend is also a chance to take that time and to focus on exercise. It can be an opportunity as well as a challenge. What’s it like for all of you... weekends vs. work days for this journey?
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Hi all!! Weigh in went well today which was pleasing.... However Ive not had a successful day so far... Ive eaten all my calories and havent had dinner.... Oops.
    Im feeling a bit cruddy. Hayfever is Kicking my *kitten* today and even though ive doubled up on pills im still streaming and constantly sneezing... Im meant to be running today but there is absolutely no chance! So i ended up comfort eating which is dumb!
    Never mind..... Onwards and upwards!!
  • Mahoganylit
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!

Anyway, the weekend is also a chance to take that time and to focus on exercise. It can be an opportunity as well as a challenge. What’s it like for all of you... weekends vs. work days for this journey?

The weekends are harder for me to stay focus on MyFitnessPal and all the healthy choices. Like today, I didn’t drink my water. I ate a hamburger and a hot dog. LOL!! During the week my meals are planned out a little better. And I stay focused on the goals. I did get some steps in and my squats. Other than that, it was a lost.

kiay131982 wrote: »
    Hi all!! Weigh in went well today which was pleasing.... However Ive not had a successful day so far... Ive eaten all my calories and havent had dinner.... Oops.
    Im feeling a bit cruddy. Hayfever is Kicking my *kitten* today and even though ive doubled up on pills im still streaming and constantly sneezing... Im meant to be running today but there is absolutely no chance! So i ended up comfort eating which is dumb!
    Never mind..... Onwards and upwards!!

Yes onward and upwards. Glad the weighin went well. No guilt. There is always tomorrow to get it right. You’ve got this.
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Morning all.
    Ok... Today needs to be successful so I Dont fall off the wagon :)
    Im still sniffling and sneezing at 7am this Morning so i probably wont be making my run up... Im wondering if Ive caught a summer cold rather than my hayfever trebling in severity!?
    Instead todays plans are To hit my Steps and stick to my calorie and water goals. Back to baby steps!
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member

Weekends are the hardest for me.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to check in with everyone yesterday. It was a crazy busy day.

Yesterday I didnt get a chance to exercise and my sweet husband wanted me to us to try Wendy's breakfast for the first time so he treated us to some breakfast so I didnt have to cook. It was amazing and then he surprised me with a dinner date for our 18 year anniversary that is tomorrow. He has to go back out of town to work so he won't be here for it but we had such a wonderful time together that I don't even care that I am up .80 pounds from yesterday. I know it is probably bc I ate so early in the morning and late last night it took me off my IF schedule. I am going to check yesterday off as my cheat day/meals and the only sweet thing I had yesterday was a iced vanilla coffee so there was still a victory for me! I really resisted the urge for sweets which was hard but I DID IT! Good luck to you all today and I will talk to you all tomorrow.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @kmccrom - I was a teacher for about 10 years but changed jobs when I had children because I couldn’t manage my time well enough to do both at the same time. 🙃 I really admire teachers who can get everything done during the school day! I miss teaching and I’ve been thinking about trying to get back to it now that our younger son is heading to college this Fall. Knowing how hard you work during the school year, I’m glad to hear that you enjoy the summer and catch up on time for yourself!

On weekend versus weekend, it feels as though I’m less disciplined on the weekend without a solid routine, especially now that we’re at home. With work calls and meetings during the week, the structure allows only certain times to eat. In fact, I should probably schedule eating and drinking water more explicitly into my workday because I often find myself grabbing something to eat quickly instead of consciously taking the time to feel satisfied or quench my thirst on weekdays. On weekends, I find more time to get outside and move so that’s one good point about the flexibility of that time. To gain balance, I’d like to build in more breaks for exercise and enjoying meals during the week and hold myself to accomplishing some productive tasks or personal/family goals on the weekend. Today, I’m going to exercise online with my rowing group and do some cleaning.

This week was hard for me emotionally but eating didn’t get out of hand so I’m hoping that means I’m building inner strength. We have to do a better job at spreading love, giving support to one another, treating everyone fairly and taking positive actions that promote healing and recovery. I was so tired and sapped of energy but I’m trying to motivate myself through small actions to gain momentum. I’ll continue doing my best to offer one more light in the darkness, knowing that others have been out there doing more and for much longer than I’ve been around, of course ... but it’s going to take more of us working together to welcome, embrace and protect each individual and this fragile world. Wishing you all peace, love and success on your personal journey! 😍
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    I’ve been away with my kids this weekend. Knowing that more than usual junk food would probably accompany our mini holiday, I brought some “safety food” just for me. I feel like I may have done ok, though I did not track every bite. Monday is typically weigh in day for me but I won’t be back home to my scale till Tuesday- we’ll see how it goes then! My goal for this coming week is to track in conjunction with listening to my body- ie-being more mindful each day with not just calorie intake, checking in with my body before I eat and before I reach for one more thing.
    Here’s to a good new week.
  • Mahoganylit
    Good morning My MyFitnessPal Friends.

I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready to start your week with reachable goals and grace.

@crystalsan726 - Happy Anniversary. 18 years, that’s pretty freaking awesome. Continue to Treasure each other.

It’s been a pretty emotional and trying weekend. Just been trying to process things compartmentally. It’s been tough. Bound to be another tough week.

Anyway, trying to get refocused on my MFP journey.

Goals for today 🎯
    • Taking my Calm moments throughout the day to re-center. 🧘🏽‍♀️

• drink my water 💦

• more mindful eating. NO SITTING IN THE SOFA TO EAT. I will sit at the table.

• My Body Groove workout. And daily walk. Reaching my daily steps is a challenge for me. But working to get better.

Good news. I have lost 6lbs since re-committing to this journey in April. Wish it were more but gotta start somewhere.

Have a great day 😊
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Morning all. Well May sucked. Got weight down to 151.6 to finish of May at prob 153-154. So June’s goal is to get below 150. I have gotten slack on working out. But getting my steps in. So June’s goal is to run 2 days a week and lift weights 2 days a week. And do abs and squats at 3 days (have decided instead of following the 30 day challenges I would like to do 100 each day I do it. 20 or 25 of 4 or 5 different styles).

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today’s goals is 45 on treadmill (70 km winds here today) and squats and abs
  • crystalsan726
    edited June 2020
    Good morning My MyFitnessPal Friends.

I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready to start your week with reachable goals and grace.

@crystalsan726 - Happy Anniversary. 18 years, that’s pretty freaking awesome. Continue to Treasure each other.

It’s been a pretty emotional and trying weekend. Just been trying to process things compartmentally. It’s been tough. Bound to be another tough week.

Anyway, trying to get refocused on my MFP journey.

Goals for today 🎯
    • Taking my Calm moments throughout the day to re-center. 🧘🏽‍♀️

• drink my water 💦

• more mindful eating. NO SITTING IN THE SOFA TO EAT. I will sit at the table.

• My Body Groove workout. And daily walk. Reaching my daily steps is a challenge for me. But working to get better.

Good news. I have lost 6lbs since re-committing to this journey in April. Wish it were more but gotta start somewhere.

Have a great day 😊

@Mahoganylit - Thank you!
    I am sorry it has been a tough weekend for you. Great goals today! Congrats on the weight loss! 6 pounds is a lot and anyone who is trying to lose weight knows it isn't easy! You go girl! That is great!!

So yesterday I was able to walk 4.25 miles. I couldn't believe it! It was a victory for me. But I am definitely feeling it today though

June beginning weight is 226.6. My June goal is to get to 219.

I used to be completely against weighing everyday but I have found it helps me more then weighing once a week. I have learned how my body can fluctuate on a daily basis. Before when I would work so hard and didn't see results on the one day I would weigh in I would just give up. Now I have learned what the body does daily and it helps keep me more accountable. I am also about to start measuring again as well. I believe that is so important because you can have Non Scale Victories. By me weighing daily I don't put so much stock in the scale so to speak.

Today's goal is get my water in and eat more veggies and fruit. Also try to get some movement in even though I am so sore!!!

Hope everyone has a great day today. Remember don't give up! Keep pushing! You've got this!
  • crystalsan726
    edited June 2020
    renaegry wrote: »
    Morning all. Well May sucked. Got weight down to 151.6 to finish of May at prob 153-154. So June’s goal is to get below 150. I have gotten slack on working out. But getting my steps in. So June’s goal is to run 2 days a week and lift weights 2 days a week. And do abs and squats at 3 days (have decided instead of following the 30 day challenges I would like to do 100 each day I do it. 20 or 25 of 4 or 5 different styles).

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today’s goals is 45 on treadmill (70 km winds here today) and squats and abs

@renaegry - Good morning! Great goals today! You've got this!
  • crystalsan726
    I’ve been away with my kids this weekend. Knowing that more than usual junk food would probably accompany our mini holiday, I brought some “safety food” just for me. I feel like I may have done ok, though I did not track every bite. Monday is typically weigh in day for me but I won’t be back home to my scale till Tuesday- we’ll see how it goes then! My goal for this coming week is to track in conjunction with listening to my body- ie-being more mindful each day with not just calorie intake, checking in with my body before I eat and before I reach for one more thing.
    Here’s to a good new week.

@kstpierre -Great job on bringing safety food! It is so hard when you are on holiday to eat right. That is a big struggle for me. Great goals! Have a good one!
  • Mahoganylit

Hope everyone has a great day today. Remember don't give up! Keep pushing! You've got this!

Thank you @crystalsan726. You are awesome. I love this.

Today’s Goals: same as always...Calm moments. Water water water. Mindful eating at the table!! Movement.

Make it a great day everyone.
  • LukesGreenMilk
    LukesGreenMilk Posts: 56 Member
    Today I officially hit the halfway mark and have lost 20lbs! I am so conflicted right now, I feel like celebrating the past 3 months of hard work, and of course the way I feel like doing that is by taking a week off of exercise, and ordering a huge pizza or something.. old habits die hard.. I might indulge a bit, but I gotta stay on track to keep this momentum going!
  • Mahoganylit
    Today I officially hit the halfway mark and have lost 20lbs! I am so conflicted right now, I feel like celebrating the past 3 months of hard work, and of course the way I feel like doing that is by taking a week off of exercise, and ordering a huge pizza or something.. old habits die hard.. I might indulge a bit, but I gotta stay on track to keep this momentum going!

Whoa!! That is awesome. You have a right to be proud and extremely happy about that accomplishment. Celebrate just don't over indulge. Congrats. :)<3:)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Somewhat reached goals yesterday. Got in 2 treadmill walks. One 45 min 3 miles and another 40 min 2.5 miles. Only did 60 squats and abs thou

Today’s goal is to get out for a jog shortly and possibly some weights. Also might cut the grass this evening which is a 2 hour ordeal.
  • crystalsan726
    So yesterday I woke with a killer headache and my neck was killing me. I should have exercised but I felt so bad that any movement made me really nauseous because the pain was so bad in my head and neck. I almost hit my water goal. I was a water bottle away from it but by the end of the day I felt so water logged I was like I can not put one more drop of water in me! 😄 I did eat more veggies and fruit yesterday so small victory there.

This morning my headache and neck pain isn't as bad but it does still hurt. Today's goals try to hit my water goal again today, do my best to get some exercise in and continue to resist sweets and eat fruit instead.

Remember there will be some days that are completely different from your others during your weight loss journey. Don't let a different day throw you off your path to better health just keep pushing keep going. You will get there one step at a time. You've got this and you aren't alone in this journey! You can do this!