Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,033 Member
    @HEGoddard0928
    The beauty of that is that there is always a kernel of truth in the tall tales. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run. Call ER.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: wrap. Read 50 pages.
    5. Write a letter. Garden 12-5.
    6. Color! Watch ATLA.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Thursday - call ER about bill.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. I haven't been out of the 190s in a year. Now let's see if I can keep heading in the same direction.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @cschmitz110515 You are a Rock Star to walk with your dog yesterday morning! It had to be brutal with that humidity! I would've dropped after one block! :wink: I'm sorry to hear about your colleague's father! I also would be paranoid...I'm still furloughed and not hatin' it! I'm going to be extremely paranoid to go back to work. I travel between clinics to support providers some days and I'm high risk...just want to retire and not go back at this point! :mask:

Thank you! Have to admit, I hate walking when it's hot and humid. But I knew Thursday would be rainy, plus I was working from my office that day, and I try not to take two consecutive days as rest. Yesterday I adapted to the idea that there may always be "someone" either positive or asymptomatic near me, and I'll follow the recommended precautions (mask, social distancing, hand washing) but I can't live in fear. Tbh I wish I could retire too, I've been enjoying "working" from home. I'm old enough to claim SS benefits, but hubby is not. The main reason is the cost of health insurance, which would be pricey. I have an app called Final Countdown, set to when I turn 65. Before I forget, BIG congrats on your reaching your mini-goal! Onward and downward!

@clicketykeys Congratulations on your w-i that is wonderful!

@HEGoddard0928 Hi Hannah, good to see you posting again!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Thursday May 28
    1l of water - :)
    log all food - :)

JFT - Friday May 29
    1L of water
    Log all food

@pridesabtch - reading your post about shopping, mani/pedi made me forget for a minute that the world is still upside down. It must have been a nice day for you.

@HEGoddard0928 - no need to apologize for the explanation that all makes sense to me. I guess you need to have faith in your book and yourself no matter how you do it.

@TerriRichardson112 - that birthday request is the biggest compliment. What type of questions did he ask? I am working on doing books for my daughters for Christmas. I am using my Mom's diaries as a jumping off point to jog my memory of certain things. I also have my Grandmother's diaries covering the same period. I am going to put their diary entries and then I'll write my memory. I need to get at this more heavily.

@clicketykeys - Your goals seem so short compared to what they used to be, I hope you aren't as stressed now as you were.

I am at work, it is 33 degrees celsius in here right now as there is a problem with our air system. I don't know how long it will take to get this fixed, but I hope its soon.

Tonight my youngest is supposed to come out and enjoy a deck visit late into the evening. I am so excited. I may stop and buy some adult beverages. I haven't had even one since her wedding last July. I am not a big drinker anyway, but it might be a nice way to spend an evening. I just need the weather to cooperate .
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap R 5/28 ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (3 floors in office building) = Fitbit 9,309 / 250+ 13/14 (lost track of time + app not syncing properly during day) / 36 floors :)
    2) Meals prelogged / net calories green / 14c water = Evening, I ate some Easter chocolate & just didn't stop. >:) Guesstimated for food log (this morning, couldn't face it last night) & net cals -694 :s sodium green :smiley: sugar -61 >:) fiber & protein excellent :smiley: 15c water :smiley:
    3) Work in office / organize papers & electronics to work at home F = 2x :)
    4) Wash towels :) / 1 other home chore :)
    5) FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: felt guilty about chocolate so forced myself to do this :#

JFT F 5/29
    1) Walk dog = 4.75 mi 1:24:36 & stretched B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor)
    3) Figure out supper & prelog / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Work from home / Facebook Live noon / submit weekly & daily status updates
    5) Laundry (already have one load hung & 2nd in wash) / 1 other home chore
    6) Floss / retainers

We got 2.75" of rain yesterday so rain barrels are again overflowing. Today is 20 degrees cooler and not nearly so humid, so AC off and windows open ~ yay. Woke up at 6 (without alarm ~ wow), threw load of clothes in washer and went out with dog. SO much more pleasant to walk with dog, and plenty of puddles for her to drink from (more for her to squat and squirt).

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฅ€ Earn a flower each day ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒน
    From 15 April to 31 May (47 days)

Daily Goal: net calories green
    April: 15, 16, 17, 22, 24, 28, 30 [7X] pitiful
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฅ€๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒป
    May: 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11,12, 13, 16, 18, 20, 22, 26, 27 [14X] {no logging 5/23 - 5/25}
    ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฅ€๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฅ€๐ŸŒบ

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • TerriRichardson112
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    Today I feel inspired
    by the dedication I see on this thread

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฅ€๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿฅ€๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒท
    emj5i4zn5mwn.jpg

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Thank you for your service ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!
    What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • Iโ€™ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook) I finished the 14 day challenge, but have been too busy to continue with the extended Challenge.
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs

2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Thu 30 April: 149.2
    MAY:
    Week 1:
    Fri 01: 148.9
    Sat 02: 149.2
    Sun 03: 149.2
    Mon 04: 148.6
    Tue 05: 148.6
    Wed 06: 148.6
    Thu 07: 148.5
    Week 2:
    Fri 08: 148.4
    Sat 09: 148.9
    Sun 10: 148.9
    Mon 11: 148.6
    Tue 12: 148.7
    Wed 13: 148.6
    Thu 14: 148.5
    Week 3:
    Fri 15: 147.9 ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜ Ooo! A wee whoosh.
    Sat 16: 148.2
    Sun 17:148.1
    Mon 18: 148.2
    Tue 19: 147.9
    Wed 20: 149.2
    Thu 21: 149.2
    Week 4:
    Fri 22: 148.2
    Sat23: 148.8
    Sun 24: 148.6
    Mon 25:
    Tues 26:
    Wed 27: 149.2
    Thu 28: 148.4
    Week 4:
    Fri 28: 148.6 ๐ŸŒทJust grateful that I am maintaining as I have been ramping up my strength to improve muscle tone.

JFT Thu 28 May:
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: ๐ŸŒท
    Meditation:๐ŸŒทbreathing meditation
    Intentional exercise: > 50๐ŸŒท101
    Cardio: > 30๐ŸŒทWalking, gardening, HIIT
    Strength: > 10๐ŸŒทabs/core
    Flex: >10๐ŸŒทTai Chi
    Prelog: stay in the green ๐ŸŒท
    Weight: < 150๐ŸŒท
    Steps: > 7500๐ŸŒท9500*
    Fitbit > 6 active hours ๐ŸŒท12
    Mood: ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Gratitude: I am grateful that I have what I need.
    Activities I got to do today:
    ๐ŸŒทmeditation๐ŸŒทChores/Laundry๐ŸŒท
    ๐ŸŒทfilling summer planters ๐ŸŒทWrite๐ŸŒท
    ๐ŸŒทBirthday project for Grandson๐ŸŒท
    ๐ŸŒทWatch TV๐ŸŒทPuzzles๐ŸŒทCrochet๐ŸŒท

๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผSPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    ๐ŸŽฏ Set your own daily goal ๐ŸŽฏ
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ Earn one ๐Ÿ’ for each day ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    โ—๏ธFrom 15 April to 31 May (47 days)โ—๏ธ
    Daily Goal:
    50 + minutes intentional exercise
    April: 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,
    ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ (16)
    May: 1,2,3,,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,
    ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    ๐Ÿ’

• clicketykeys
    @Snowflake1968 - Dunno about that. There's less that I have to remember at the summer job that I'm at. And there's less change-around day to day. But just with this year being as crappy as it's been... bleugh. I don't know that I'm less stressed.
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    JFT - Friday
    15k steps๐Ÿ‘
    Log everything ๐Ÿ‘
    Stay within calorie target ๐Ÿ‘
    Online Strength class๐Ÿ‘ nice to feel my muscles ache a bit today

JFT - Saturday
    15k steps
    7hrs sleep
    Log everything
    Stay within calorie target

Have a safe day everyone- itโ€™s so inspiring seeing lots of people making goals here x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Friday May 29
    1L of water - ๐Ÿ™‚ 1.5
    Log all food - ๐Ÿ™‚

JFT- Saturday May 30
    1L of water
    Log all food

We had a wonderful visit with our youngest on the deck last night. Absolutely loved it. She visited with us for about 6 hours. Weโ€™ve missed her so.

Today I need to clean, do some laundry and then our eldest and Grands are coming for a visit to see the new deck.

@mytime6630 - Iโ€™m happy to see you post I was thinking about you yesterday. Glad your husband is doing well so far.

@Kuhl50 - I found even on my worst days coming and reading, even if I didnโ€™t post it kept the thought in my head that I wanted to get healthier.

@cesse47 - that pile of laundry must be nice to have completed. Iโ€™ve had to do that a couple of times, once after we had a fire, once after our daughter was flooded. Itโ€™s a mountain for sure.

@teigansdad - youโ€™re beating your goals, congratulations.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT, 5/29/20

- STAY AWAKE! Do not go back to sleep! :smiley:Was going to nap but ended up just talking to a few friends instead.
    - Oil delivery :smiley:They came early like I hoped they would.
    - Write the next scene :neutral:
    - Return items to Walmart :smiley:Kinda. Currently cant return clothes so I was only able to return some of the items but it wasn't a wasted trip so I'm okay with it.
    - Pick up coffee at Ollie's :neutral:By the time I was about to go I was over being outside in the humidity and high temps so I just went home. I still have a few coffee pods left. I'll just go tomorrow.
    - Make a comprehensive shopping list :smiley:Kinda. I ended up going through my cabinets and fridge and throwing out all the spoiled and out of date stuff and organizing it better. There really isn't much that I need to buy so the list is pretty small. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do all the running around tomorrow. It's supposed to be nicer weather-wise than it was today and yesterday.
    - Look over bills :smiley:Paid a bunch of bills and paid off some medical debts which is always nice to do.
    - Update checkbook :smiley:I have to add one or two more things but other than that it's all good.
    - Do day two of workout plan/yoga :disappointed:I was too sore from the day before. Two days later and my quads are still super tight.
    - Look for a new series to start reading :disappointed:Didn't do any reading yesterday. I just didn't feel up to it.

Yesterday was really quiet. We got a few packages delivered so that was nice. We ordered some new work clothes for Matt off Amazon and I ordered some shorts in my proper size( :disappointed: ) that actually fit for once. It's nice to have proper fitting clothes even if they are a size 16. I'm much more comfortable in them then I thought I would be. We're both still waiting on a few more packages that should be delivered in the coming days.

Matt's first day back to work was interesting. He came home two hours early because he was in pain. His conditioning is really bad. Two months of sitting on his butt didn't do him any good. His legs are still sore but I think he was happy that he was back. Yesterday was the only day he worked this week and he's only working 3 days next week so I'm hoping that he can still qualify for partial unemployment. We shall see I guess.

I'm gonna keep the goals light today because we have D&D tonight at 7 which usually lasts well into the morning.

JFT, 5/30/20

- Only 3 glasses of wine
    - At least 64 ounces of water
    - Shower
    - Gather clothes for laundry tomorrow
    - Have fun playing D&D with my friends tonight

Have a great night everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    Today I feel inspired
    by the dedication I see on this thread

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

emj5i4zn5mwn.jpg

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Thank you for your service ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!
    What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • Iโ€™ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook) I finished the 14 day challenge, but have been too busy to continue with the extended Challenge.
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs

2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Thu 30 April: 149.2
    MAY:
    Week 1:
    Fri 01: 148.9
    Sat 02: 149.2
    Sun 03: 149.2
    Mon 04: 148.6
    Tue 05: 148.6
    Wed 06: 148.6
    Thu 07: 148.5
    Week 2:
    Fri 08: 148.4
    Sat 09: 148.9
    Sun 10: 148.9
    Mon 11: 148.6
    Tue 12: 148.7
    Wed 13: 148.6
    Thu 14: 148.5
    Week 3:
    Fri 15: 147.9 ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜ Ooo! A wee whoosh.
    Sat 16: 148.2
    Sun 17:148.1
    Mon 18: 148.2
    Tue 19: 147.9
    Wed 20: 149.2
    Thu 21: 149.2
    Week 4:
    Fri 22: 148.2
    Sat23: 148.8
    Sun 24: 148.6
    Mon 25:
    Tues 26:
    Wed 27: 149.2
    Thu 28: 148.4
    Week 4:
    Fri 29: 148.6 ๐ŸŒทJust grateful that I am maintaining as I have been ramping up my strength to improve muscle tone.
    Sat 39: 148.4

JFT Fri 30 May:
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: ๐ŸŒท
    Meditation:๐ŸŒทbreathing meditation
    Intentional exercise: > 50๐ŸŒท55
    Cardio: > 30๐ŸŒทWalking, gardening, HIIT
    Strength: > 10๐ŸŒทarms
    Flex: >10๐ŸŒทYoga
    Prelog: stay in the green ๐ŸŒท
    Weight: < 150๐ŸŒท
    Steps: > 7500๐ŸŒท8420
    Fitbit > 6 active hours ๐ŸŒท10
    Mood: ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Gratitude: I am grateful that I have what I need.
    Activities I got to do today:
    ๐ŸŒทmeditation๐ŸŒทChores/Laundry๐ŸŒท
    ๐ŸŒทfilling summer planters ๐ŸŒทWrite๐ŸŒท
    ๐ŸŒทBirthday project for Grandson๐ŸŒท
    ๐ŸŒทWatch TV๐ŸŒทPuzzles๐ŸŒทCrochet๐ŸŒท

๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผSPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    ๐ŸŽฏ Set your own daily goal ๐ŸŽฏ
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ Earn one ๐Ÿ’ for each day ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    โ—๏ธFrom 15 April to 31 May (47 days)โ—๏ธ
    Daily Goal:
    50 + minutes intentional exercise
    April: 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,
    ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ (16)
    May: 1,2,3,,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,
    ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member

We had a wonderful visit with our youngest on the deck last night. Absolutely loved it. She visited with us for about 6 hours. Weโ€™ve missed her so. Today I need to clean, do some laundry and then our eldest and Grands are coming for a visit to see the new deck.

@cesse47 - that pile of laundry must be nice to have completed. Iโ€™ve had to do that a couple of times, once after we had a fire, once after our daughter was flooded. Itโ€™s a mountain for sure.
    It definitely is gratifying to be done!! My ankles and calves are killing me today though! Every load needed to be washed 3 times so that meant I needed to go up and down the stairs 3 times. Whew!! Last night was a Tylenol PM night for sure. LOL

Your new deck is quite a blessing now ... you get to have company and can still maintain some distance as needed. I have to say, I sure miss the hugs my friends and I have always exchanged. Maybe soon you think? We can only hope at this point.
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: salad. Read 50 pages. Write a blog post - album? Email Dr. Bates.
    5. Write a letter. Nap.
    6. Color! Watch ATLA.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Monday - call ER about bill.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    Today: 192.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. I am so tired.
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member

JFT - Saturday
    15k steps ๐Ÿ‘
    7hrs sleep๐Ÿ‘Žtoo much wine for that!
    Log everything๐Ÿ‘
    Stay within calorie target ๐Ÿ‘

Sat out in the morning sun here, itโ€™s a beautiful day

So JFT - Sunday
    15k steps
    7hrs sleep
    Log everything
    Stay within calorie target
    Go for a run

Have a good Sunday all x
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Saturday goals
    Sufferfest workoutโœ… not the one I had planned but probably shorter but harder
    Stay greenโŒโŒ๐Ÿ˜œ you guessed it. M&ms
    2 to 3 max beersโœ…
    Clean up extra sand from patio workโœ…
    Weed workโœ…

Sunday goals
    Sufferfest
    Mow lawn
    100 chin-ups
    Stay green
    2 beers max
    Wash car
    Groceries