Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Bumping post, anyone got any new ideas that are like cheesecake, peanut butter or cookie dough? :D
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Bumping post, anyone got any new ideas that are like cheesecake, peanut butter or cookie dough? :D

How about brownie batter? Mix your chocolate protein powder with almondmilk and add some jello. It’s heavenly.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    alexmose wrote: »

How about brownie batter? Mix your chocolate protein powder with almondmilk and add some jello. It’s heavenly.

This guy on You Tube actually made a Protein Powder Jello bowl...haven't tried this one though. 🤷‍♀️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0aT-DC4EMA&list=PLm8IMfDEonRGgVgtoNS0DPaErns5jHx_I&index=11&t=530s
  • VegjoyP
    59msdupj3ju8.jpg
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited May 2020
    Volume is good. Make sure you're getting enough protein.
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    I feel like I’m more likely to be low on fat when volume eating definitely not protein
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    Each dinner was about 400 calories. Bone in center cut pork chop, my own brown sugar chili dry rub (keto friendly) and a low fat coleslaw.

xkz8yvxc3lpd.jpg

ist3zsbqm1xn.jpg
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    @PsuLemon

I think you missed the "volume" part of this thread :)

I did not.
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    This is my fairly high volume lunch. Could be more by increasing veggies and decreasing avocado etc.

200g pumpkin
    150g capsicum
    150g eggplant
    50g red onion
    50g cottage cheese
    Can of tuna
    40g avocado
    20g relish

About 380-400 calories
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Ok new volume food alert in my eyes. Bamboo shoots. Anyone cook with these before. Amazing for stretching out starches and starchier veg. 7vunvnrz7zqw.jpg
    From the international section of my grocer
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    Ok new volume food alert in my eyes. Bamboo shoots. Anyone cook with these before. Amazing for stretching out starches and starchier veg. 7vunvnrz7zqw.jpg
    From the international section of my grocer

Yes I love those too! And water chestnuts. Yum. Super duper low calorie also.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    I love this thread and thanks for a great reminder. I found that I love volume eating. I’m not vegan but a few years ago I added massive amounts of leafy greens while attempting to loose weight. I noticed that I lived for a full plate. It might be a metal trick I play by seeing that plate packed but it works. I have gotten away from that, as I don’t have access to the produce where I live now. I’m trying to learn to like the produce here more and add in this countries greens.
    I would say I love cabbage and apple salads .so yummy. Sometimes I add chicken and a soft cheese sometimes I add nuts and grapes.
    I also make green soup from kale, onions, Swiss chard. I makes eggs over any leftover veggie we have. Spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potato, squash, Brussels sprouts, green beans, tomatoes and chickpeas. I also eat a ton of seaweed. It’s so good for you.
    I going to try to make at least half my plate veggies! Also tofu where I live is the best I’ve ever had in my life so I’m enjoy that more often as a low calorie protein source.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Ahhhh veggies. Gods' gift to human kind and volume eating.

udidzkc457wq.jpg

this looks like gallstones :(
  • PAPYRUS3
    Ahhhh veggies. Gods' gift to human kind and volume eating.

udidzkc457wq.jpg

this looks like gallstones :(

I am not even going to google what those look like, because once seen, nothing can be unseen.

yes...I think I'll stick to this pic...otherwise eating lentils or the like might be forever corrupted. btw - yumm
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Was telling a friend I gotta watch my fiber intake as I eat wayyyyy too much and she was like ‘how do u eat too much fiber!!??’ Little does she know.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Was telling a friend I gotta watch my fiber intake as I eat wayyyyy too much and she was like ‘how do u eat too much fiber!!??’ Little does she know.

Yes....an issue I certainly do not have to worry about 🤣
  • VegjoyP
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Lol 😉 fun times hahaha

This reminds me of first time I ate dried seaweed
    ....uncooked. omgosh. It expands 4x its size..talk about tunmy distinction! 😂 it was a long time ago before I knew better
  • VegjoyP
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Lol 😉 fun times hahaha

This reminds me of first time I ate dried seaweed
    ....uncooked. omgosh. It expands 4x its size..talk about tunmy distinction! 😂 it was a long time ago before I knew better

My feeling when I put a bit much xanthan gum into something lol

YES...me too the first few times I used it...lol