What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    I was eyeing @snowflake954 ‘s escarole, then some showed up in my Misfits order! (Mwahaha) I took a page out of her book and sautéed it up with some fava bean (first time trying - soooo good!) super glad I have another head of escarole in the fridge! Thank you @snowflake954 !!
    g527hhxssq5l.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I was eyeing @snowflake954 ‘s escarole, then some showed up in my Misfits order! (Mwahaha) I took a page out of her book and sautéed it up with some fava bean (first time trying - soooo good!) super glad I have another head of escarole in the fridge! Thank you @snowflake954 !!
    g527hhxssq5l.jpeg

Glad it worked. We just ordered pizza tonight and I ordered the calzone (pizza folded over and sealed before baking) with scarola (escarole), and mozzarella cheese. It was fantastic. The scarola is cooked with black olives, pine nuts, raisins, garlic, and EVOO.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Flavor pairings made for a whole new flavor experience for me: Brown rice with Bragg's aminos, polish sausage, green peas, oriental rice seasoning
    fhxk7tt79vhy.jpg
    home made pizza: mamma lil's peppers, feta, turkey pepperoni , olives, basil, etc.
    ue8873gb8fdl.jpg
    sweet potato noodles chow mein (soy sauce, seseme oil)
    ceridbx6aj50.jpg
    Instant pot beef roast with gravy made from the drippings
    1sdoct1fzggf.jpg
    spinach, zoodles, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, garlic all wok-fired for about a minute, then mixed with K-rab, sunflower seeds, and Bragg's salad dressing
    h86m96joilj4.jpg
    Couldn't decide on what I wanted for breakfast, so I paired spicy turkey sausage with oatmeal, raisins, and maple suryp.
    d4kmmg61yq7t.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    amandaeve wrote: »
    Flavor pairings made for a whole new flavor experience for me: Brown rice with Bragg's aminos, polish sausage, green peas, oriental rice seasoning
    fhxk7tt79vhy.jpg
    home made pizza: mamma lil's peppers, feta, turkey pepperoni , olives, basil, etc.
    ue8873gb8fdl.jpg
    sweet potato noodles chow mein (soy sauce, seseme oil)
    ceridbx6aj50.jpg
    Instant pot beef roast with gravy made from the drippings
    1sdoct1fzggf.jpg
    spinach, zoodles, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, garlic all wok-fired for about a minute, then mixed with K-rab, sunflower seeds, and Bragg's salad dressing
    h86m96joilj4.jpg
    Couldn't decide on what I wanted for breakfast, so I paired spicy turkey sausage with oatmeal, raisins, and maple suryp.
    d4kmmg61yq7t.jpg

Wow that pizza is beautiful! All of your meals sound and look incredible. My kind of food. 😍
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    ejqtikihdkj4.jpeg

Wholewheat spaghetti with leeks, asparagus, ricotta, parmigiana reggiano, lemon and green olives.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    bbd5ik8p00vo.jpg

First time cooking with Zaatar. It was really nice
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    That looks delicious
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    @snowflake954

Do you make your own tomato sauce? If so, could you please share your recipe/method? Looking to enjoy more authentic cuisine.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Instant Indomie noodles pimped up with coriander and some of last nights leftover BBQ pork loin.
    jr3sa9lt5isa.jpeg
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited May 2020
    That's one heck of a first post @chunfifi001! It all looks so tasty. Welcome to the MFP forums!

Edit: I ate a LOT of those leaves (the ones underneath the lemon slice) when I was in Japan. What is it called?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    2e22twvoj1ld.jpeg

Thai Red Vegetable Curry on a bed of lightly steamed white cabbage. An enormously satisfying plate of food for just 245 cals.

Subbing white cabbage for rice or pasta is something I used to do in my 20s but I fell out of the habit somewhere along the line. I’d forgotten how well it works as a super low calorie foil for full flavoured dishes. 😊
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    That's one heck of a first post @chunfifi001! It all looks so tasty. Welcome to the MFP forums!

Edit: I ate a LOT of those leaves (the ones underneath the lemon slice) when I was in Japan. What is it called?

Those are perilla leaves.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Those are perilla leaves.

THANK YOU! All I knew was that it had to be in the mint family but that's kinda hard to explain in a shop or market lol Now I'll know of a few names to use as a reference.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Sunday brunch: eggs w/chives, oats, escarole (ty again @snowflake954) and fruit.
    p55betylmb01.jpeg