Inspo for people that lost and gained again -post here-

Im posting this to help some of us that have lost and then fell off the wagon and gained back , for a while I felt miserable thinking that I’m such a looser for for the 20 lbs I have gained back, but then I read here and there that there are actually some people that go through this ...it made me feel that I can do it again
Anyone else experienced this ?

Replies

• Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    You are all so inspiring !
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    P.s has anyone else experienced this odd change in weight distribution?

Yes, definitely, though it sounds as though I have been luckier with it than you. My regained weight is in different places on my body and different consistency (if that makes sense - more moveable). It actually leaves me looking less overweight than I did when I started in 2014 and weighed less then I do now. I think it's because through this I have mostly kept the swimming going (until the pool shut) and some exercise, so there is some muscle under there. I can still get into most of my smaller size clothes, though some of the waistbands are definitely too tight. I have quite a spare tyre though.
  • digestibleplastic
    digestibleplastic Posts: 27 Member
    Me!

125-140 lbs 1998 - 2015ish
    200 lbs August 2017
    148 lbs April 2018
    174 lbs May 2020

I lost 52 lbs in 8 months.

For me, losing more than 1.5 lb a week over that period of time was too fast for my body.

I haven't changed my diet but slowed my exercise because I sustained an overuse injury, and the lbs crept back.

My ultimate goal is around 130 lbs, I'd be overjoyed with 140 lbs. I can't even seem to lose 1 lb at this point. So, I feel ya.

Slow and steady wins at keeping it off for the long term I suppose!! 🐢