WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
t0fcw3te9yoc.png
:) Some days I don't know what day it is or even what month it is, but I've built some enduring habits that keep me on track.

:) One of the habits is checking in with this thread every day. That, along with logging food and exercise, has kept me ON a good path for health and fitness.

:) Welcome to everyone who is on this journey with me. A friendly supportive community is especially important now.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome.

:) We share about many parts of our lives but stay away from topics that are controversial. I come here for support, not for agitation.

:) Be sure to bookmark this thread so you can find it again.

:) If you sign your name or a nickname and a location, general or specific, it makes the sharing more personal.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2020 is "flexible". Who knew that it would be so appropriate.

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Thank you Barbie for another month. I hope you have a wonderful one.

Tracey
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Happy June! thanks for continuing us along Barbie!

Kim
    Northern California
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited June 2020
    Amber ... hoping tonight is quieter

Barbie ... thanks for the new thread

Beth near Buffalo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Rode the recumbent bike today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Shape It Up DVD.

Making yogurt. Figure I’d better make some since Jess likes pops, I’ll make some for her. Yesterday she said that she was planning to leave for here today. Boy, she’s cutting it close! She starts working at Banfield tomorrow

Tracey –
    I’ll be interested to see how Pete feels when we go up. His ADD when I was there last year made him completely clean up all the time. And we know that kids are definitely not masters of clean up!! Now will Pete have relaxed a bit? Time will tell. I hope the next time we go up he will be home so I can see. I don’t think it’s as big a deal to Denise. So if he’s not there, she probably won’t be concerned if toys are all around the house.

Katla
    – that’s about what my chicken spice rub is like!

Sharon
    – the first time I heard “monkey mind” was when I was taking a yoga class. A Karen VA stated, in yoga it refers to mindless chatter that can wait

Drkatie
    – I never thought of bulletins transferring germs, but it makes sense. I’m wondering if our pastor will wear a mask when he preaches. He has CP and it affects his speech. I know that some people have left the parish and gone to another one mainly because he’s sometimes difficult to understand. But you would be hard pressed to find a more loving, caring, compassionate man. Yet, sometimes I think he’s stuck back in the 40’s when you didn’t have to do much to get people to go to church.

Annie DE – I thought if a car had out of state plates, if it was in the city in DE, they would be asked to leave the state or else have to self-quarantine for 14 days

Beth
    – we use a Polaris robotic cleaner and are very happy with it. As a matter of fact, we had a Polaris for about the first 7 years and just this year had to replace it.

Sue – welcome

Sandshill – welcome back!

Jessica came home today. She usually comes late at night. Wonder if she remembered to pick up my ceramics? I'll have to ask her tomorrow. I don't remember seeing her bringing it in, but then again, I don't remember seeing her bringing in any clothing, so maybe it's still in her car.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: Many thanks for starting our new thread. Happy June! :heart:

Michele: Great cooks think alike! Discovering that we're doing something that is so similar with our cooking it is especially fun. :flowerforyou:

Machka: I love my calendar. I use it every day with pleasure. I put in things that are practical, such as giving the dog his pills regularly. I add in personal events, meetings & family birthdays so that I don't miss someone important. I love putting special events on the calendar and look forward to the fun. :smile:

Happy June—a little early. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Thanks for the new thread Barbie!
    Well, the last two days have not been as great as the first four, but that's okay, they haven't been complete washouts either. Definitely ate more than I should have, and not of carrot sticks, but it is what it is and I shall carry on!
    I used to get together with 5 other gals and we would work on our craft projects Monday afternoons. When the kids were young, it was a great chance to talk to adults, now it's more habit than anything, but we've been doing this for a LONG time, so our lives are pretty intertwined. Anyway, since C-19 hit, we haven't been getting together, we did ZOOM a few times, but it's just not the same. Well, tomorrow we are getting together in the backyard of one of the ladies. She will provide chairs, we have to provide our own beverage and snack. I am so looking forward to seeing them all! I think I will ride my bike there, so that will be my exercise. It's not as far as work, but will still be close to 7 km, one way, so should give me a decent calorie burn.
    Went grocery shopping today, needed/wanted to buy some icing sugar, went to three stores, and none of them had any! Lots of tp and flour and regular sugar, not quite sure what's happening....
    That's it for me for tonight, must get some sleep!
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Church, Freddie’s,
    Bonus: 21 mins marching in place while watching TV
    Get to do: Call SWOCC re: BB&B and login, invest 20 mins cleaning Kitchen/Laundry, carry over 30 mins decluttering and cleaning Office, 20 mins Guest Bth & Bedrooms, 10 mins cleaning Master Bth, mat work, BB&B, practice new dances (Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; transplant parsley, pineapple, rose geranium, Stinky, cherry tomato; make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; call stove repair guy to adjust kitchen flame and assess Aunt Elsie’s Stove to determine if finish cleaning and start de-rusting feasible; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, follow up for Joe’s labs, call for his Dr. appointment.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments, next week final?

Thank you Barbie. Can’t tell you how comforting it is to have you and this thread through out all our ups and downs.
    Welcome @SueMiconi Sue from Ontario!
    Welcome back @sandhillsmom, hope those major health issues have eased.
    Welcome @2016goalreached Meghan from Denver.

Julie good for you for plunging into the disheartening legal thing instead of procrastinating. Likewise working on the apartment. Those are very real accomplishments.
    Sharon thanks for the reminder of where we were, that despite that horrifying murder, at least today such can’t be swept under the rug, hidden or somehow made acceptable. Neither can the looting and arson, tarnishes and taints honest protest. :brokenheart:
    Lisa thanks for that link. Grateful for our Governor’s actions keeping our risk assessment low. Surprised to see Texas as moderate, I would have guessed “elevated”. Corey cracks me up!
    Machka “learning just to get better at something” I like that! Bet you cycle some more in those free evenings… ;) Thanks for Joyful June!
    Margaret the Police Union resisted de-escalating techniques and training to subdue without doing long term harm? Now we’re all reaping their whirlwind. :brokenheart: Hope writing it all out helps you to calm some of the trauma. Going back to the garden is best.
    Amber :heartbreak: Where would you go if you needed to leave the house?
    Annie, sorry your sister doesn’t understand the risk she’d be bringing to your parents, especially since they’re already reluctant to shelter in place. You’ve done what you could, now all you can do is pray.
    Beth my imagination is right there with yours about the expired temporary license and all those state police between NY and Nashville. Is there any way he can get the permanent license by mail? If its waiting for him at this apartment, could someone overnight it to him? Cheaper than renting a car, or any of those imagined scenarios. Sorry to hear of vandalism in your tiny town. It is madness.
    Rebecca so give. Which day is your birthday?
    Likewise Allie, what day for the big six oh?
    Michele glad Jess’ made it home safe!
    Luci ((hugs))

May Summary and June Plan

May vs April–
    daily: steps= 55%/17%, vits= 94%/98% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 87%/77% CI<250<CO= 45%40% Tumble 5/10= 58%/77% mfp=100%/100% AF= 55%/63% outside= 74%/77%, up hill=65%cleaning 81%/103%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3=0%//0%, dance x2=44%/53% walk with Joe and the dogs instead of pack walk x2=75%/63%, rx=100%/100% review progress on 20 for 20: sam.gov progress . mnthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant= progress-data gathering for SAM.GOV login.
    June strategy-better than May, T’ai Chi starts June 3 ‘til BB&B June 21, line dance starts Tuesday but may be only once / week, spend more time with Joe and the dogs, and make walking up hill a daily goal. Daily: log, weigh, vits, CI<CO, walk 10 mins outside, check in mfp, CI <250 CO, 5 mins training or grooming Tumble or Shadow, 10 mins cleaning, walk up hill.
    Weekly: rx, review progress on 20 for 20, dance at least once/week, 3 days T’ai Chi or Better Bones & Balance.
    Monthly: firehouse board meeting, grant work.
    Bonus: AF, average steps > 5344 (Oct average), sew something, play something.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: better than April.
    daily: steps= 6660 vits=29 log=31 CI<CO=27 CI<250<CO=14 Tumble & Shadow 5=18 mfp=31 clean 10 mins=25 outside=23 up hill=20
    wkly: BB&B x3=0 rx=5 dance=4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 review 20for20=1
    bonus: AF=17 play=0 sew=0
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    BARBIE Thanks for the June thread, you are a star ⭐️

Kate UK ❤️