TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hello TBBT
    My name is Brandi. I'm 35. I am one of Team TBBT's co- captains. I am a stay at home/home school mom to a teen. My teen and I have been working out together most week day mornings. Having a workout partner makes it a lot more fun. I like to think that the extra laughs we have together burns a few extra calories.

I am super excited for June. I am making a new fitness plan for the month to include more strength training into our week. I love strength training and I love arm day. I cycle through different ab routines. But I tend to skip legs because I don't know what exercises to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Also, I have been putting more effort into making more balanced meals.

I am looking forward to getting to know our new teammates and I am happy to have our continuing teammates still here this month.

Hi Brandi, I think it's lovely that you and your teen are working out together! What a special time--and you keep yourselves accountable. It sounds like you have a great plan--best of luck in meeting your goals!!

We are having our summer break now and the first thing we did was put together our workout plan.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 5/31
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 3319
    Water: 96 oz
    Just for today: keto diet today, meditation 🧘‍♀️ & prayer 🙏 for our country

Happy Monday
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    AfriDiva wrote: »
    Hello TBBT.

My name is Dana and i'm from the Uk. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I fell down the stairs (Doh) sunday afternoon and after that, the whole day was null and void.

My goals are to walk 7000 step at least everyday.
    Do 3, 30min bodyweight workouts a week.
    Log all food, water and drinks - I always forget water!
    Don't forget to press the 'Complete diary' button. I almost never do.
    Drink more WATER.

@cmhubbard92 I would like to join this weeks water and step challenge. I always need reminding to drink more water.

Water - 490oz
    Steps - 56,000

For 31/05
    Logged - Yes
    Calories - Yes
    Excersise - Yes, walked on the trail behind my house to the park and back

Please let me know if there is anything I have leftout and need to do.

Good luck everyone :smiley:

@AfriDiva Hi Dana! Welcome to Team TBBT.
    Falling down the stairs is awful, I hope you are ok and didn't get hurt too badly.
  • AfriDiva
    AfriDiva Posts: 186 Member
    @brandi_84 Just my butt and my pride hurt :#. I also have a massive bruise on my leg too!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi my name's Krystal(co-Captain/cheerleader)
    wife and mother to a 14-year old daughter. Florida native. I started my WL journey in April of 2016. Over the following 3 years I took my time to research and familiarize myself with the keto diet. I got into the pattern of being on the diet, then getting off, watch the scale creep up then get back on it(I did this in conjunction with a whole-lotta keto YouTube/ Pinterest/ social media *following* of all types). By the end of 2018 I was down to 189lbs when I turned to this group I accelerated my weight loss and have had much success with the accountability here! I can’t even believe it but I have 15 more pounds to lose if I keep my 135lbs goal weight!

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself that I need to stay in this challenge to reach my goal weight):
    May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge)
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July2019 SW: 155.6
    **Left the TBL Challenge😥 **crickets sounding off in the distance**

~~Rejoined the challenge:~~
    Feb2020 SW: 164.8
    March2020 SW: 165
    April2020 SW: 161.4
    May2020 SW: 156
    June2020 SW: 150.7

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all our new and returning teammates! 🤗 I’m even more excited entering into June with so many familiar faces! And I hate to be so competitive buuuuut... we’re gonna give the competition a run for their money with this months line up!!Look out TBBTs coming for the blue in June!!🤭😁
  • Krysless2
    Every now and again we like to start up a side conversation to keep up the engagement within our team 😊 We call it a Weekly Roundtable Discussion or WRD. I usually come up with something based on current events or something that was randomly said or asked by a teammate or I notice a trend in our posts that maybe were all struggling with in different ways. Ill be sending a friend request to everyone on our team shortly which will open up the option for you to send me PMs(Or vice a versa). If anyone ever wants to present a WRD just let me know. Or if you just need a friend on here I’m here for that need as well. 🤗
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Sunday, May 31st

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 28 minute walk
    water: yes, 2 litres, plus 500 ml with Crystal Lite
    steps: 15,000 (did lots around the house)

I don't currently have a working phone, so I can't look back at the day's total, but I was at 14,9 something, close to bedtime, so 15 is my educated guess. No working phone also means no Fitbit Challenges! But, I have one ordered and it should arrive by June 4th.

@HASWLRS that sounds like a bummer, although being without a phone can be quite peaceful at times! But... everything is on our phones these days! Hopefully you get your phone soon, though, and you will be able to join the fitbit challenge I invited you to! What a great day! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Sunday 31 May

Accountability
    Tracked food: yes
    Calories: just over
    Exercise: no

Step and Water
    Steps : 11,850, SOOOOO close to my 12,000 LOL
    Water: 72 oz

Was travelling most of yesterday. Sitting in a car for 6 hours makes for few steps, by 72 oz of water makes for many stops!! :D

@DaffyGirl88 fabulous work! Even without the exercise, you had a great amount of stesps! You did a great job being stuck in the car for the majority of the day! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Sorry I am late on this; Richmondwriter's weigh-in for 5/30/20 was 144.6. Ready to bring it down this week! Yesterday I went bike riding with my husband for the first time in about 2 years. It was challenging but fun.

To introduce myself, I am Sandra, a 54-year-old empty nester mom of two daughters . I live in Richmond, Virginia. I used to go on long walks every day with my dog but now he is too frail. So, I have come up with some new ideas for exercise. I am also trying to help my Mom eat healthier; she is here with us for the summer.

My goals for this month are:
    1) to track everything before I eat it (thanks for the idea @Krysless2!) and stay at or under 1350 calories
    2) to continue the couch to 10K program with my daughter
    3) to go bike riding with my husband at least once a week
    4) to lose 5 pounds; I would love to get under 140-haven't been there for years

Best of luck to everyone as we start this new month! We can do it!!!

@richmondwriter I love your goals for the month, Sandra! I feel like this is the first time I have seen your name in an introduction??? If I am wrong, please don't hate me for missing it! There are so many names here to keep up with!

Anyways, I totally love your goals for this month! I like the idea of bike riding with your husband each week! That is a great bonding experience. I have been trying to urge my boyfriend into taking more walks with me and the dogs, or even trying to get him to play tennis, but I haven't had much luck!

I think if you stay motivated, you WILL see a number under 140!!! You can do this! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    I shared this over in the May thread. I wanted to share with you all how I am planning on starting off this new month! It should hopefully make enough for a weeks worth of meals! :)
    743l4ewgstdy.jpg
    I just spent some time cutting up vegetables for the week ahead. I will be making sheet pan roasted vegetables with sausage! I cut up enough to bake a sheet at a time! I have salted the eggplant to get a lot of the water out of it.

Next up: pineapple!

I am impressed! You are getting off to a great start!!!

Thank you! I ended up cheating on Sunday and made a little pizza with some of those veggies! I only had 2 pieces (which I think is my new normal!!!) and enjoyed every taste! I still came in under calorie budget, so I guess it wasn't really cheating! And I made another sheet of roasted veggies tonight!
    5/31/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Step & Water Challenge:
    Water: 120oz
    Steps: 20,016 (currently)

Goals:
    10,000 steps: ✔
    Log all food/drinks: ✔
    Run 3x/week: ✔/3
    Strength: ✔
    Yoga: ✔
    10 minute abs: ✔

2rtmzukm7x3a.jpg
    Some views from this evening run! I did manage a very slow paced 2.06 miles today! I didn't think I would be able to do it, but gave it a shot! My goal is to do the 2 miles faster by the end of the month, now! That turn around (culdesac?) picture is where I spent a few minutes running the edge until I hit a mile.

Christine, that is awesome! I think running 2 miles is fantastic!!

Again, thank you! I am getting back into the feels of it, and loving every chance I am getting! I have "ran" for a few nights in a row, now(since Thursday? Friday? can't remember), and am just thrilled with myself! I do get a little discouraged that my phone's app (Samsung Health) is recognizing my "running" as just plain walking :( I'll get there, eventually!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    AfriDiva wrote: »
    Hello TBBT.

My name is Dana and i'm from the Uk. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I fell down the stairs (Doh) sunday afternoon and after that, the whole day was null and void.

My goals are to walk 7000 step at least everyday.
    Do 3, 30min bodyweight workouts a week.
    Log all food, water and drinks - I always forget water!
    Don't forget to press the 'Complete diary' button. I almost never do.
    Drink more WATER.

@cmhubbard92 I would like to join this weeks water and step challenge. I always need reminding to drink more water.

Water - 490oz
    Steps - 56,000

For 31/05
    Logged - Yes
    Calories - Yes
    Excersise - Yes, walked on the trail behind my house to the park and back

Please let me know if there is anything I have leftout and need to do.

Good luck everyone :smiley:

@AfriDiva welcome to the team, Dana! I hope you are feeling better, and that you were off to a better start today! I have added you to the step & water challenge! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Date: 5/31
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 3319
    Water: 96 oz
    Just for today: keto diet today, meditation 🧘‍♀️ & prayer 🙏 for our country

Happy Monday

@murdog3t great job!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited June 2020
    Ok, I may be caught up now? Theres been a lot of activity going on here, today!

I am posting my final post for the night so I can head to bed!

6/1/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: yes

Step & Water Challenge:
    Water: 96.9oz
    Steps: 21,044 (currently)

Goals:
    10,000 steps: ✔✔
    Log all food/drinks: ✔✔
    Run 3x/week: ✔✔/3
    Strength: ✔✔(abs)
    Yoga: ✔✔
    10 minute abs: ✔✔
  • Krysless2
    edited June 2020
    Date: Mon, June1st:
    ~~~~~ Day2 ~~~~~

MiniAccountabilityChallengeYes
    🌝🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    Under Cals(1200, minus Fitbit cals)
    🌝🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘+21
    Water Intake(64oz/daily):
    🌒🌒🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘only 40oz
    StepGoal(9500/Daily):
    🌝🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘9500 steps today
    Sleep 7-8 hours:
    🌒🌒🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    IntrmttntFast(16:8):
    🌒🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    20 min Yoga(Sat or Sunday)
    🌒⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️🔘
    Weight Training(3days)
    ⛔️⛔️🔘⛔️🔘⛔️🔘
    Log Before EatingYes
    🌝🌒🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    Tracking: Yes
    Exercise(20min): Yes:
    UnderCalories:Yes;Over by+21 but it’s so close I’m going to count it!😇
    MFP 5week: 144.7
    Journal: chaotic day started by a poor sleep score then finished with teen love drama. I hung in there though but didn’t log before I ate like I set out to do today😤. Missed the gym but I did walk around the shopping complex my daughters orthodontist appointment was at and then later at night around the neighborhood.
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Monday June 1st
    Logged food and was under calories
    No exercise
    Water 96 oz
    Steps over 7,000 steps
  • cmhubbard92
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Date: Mon, June1st:
    ~~~~~ Day2 ~~~~~

MiniAccountabilityChallengeYes
    🌝🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    Under Cals(1200, minus Fitbit cals)
    🌝🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘+21
    Water Intake(64oz/daily):
    🌒🌒🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘only 40oz
    StepGoal(9500/Daily):
    🌝🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘9500 steps today
    Sleep 7-8 hours:
    🌒🌒🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    IntrmttntFast(16:8):
    🌒🌝🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    20 min Yoga(Sat or Sunday)
    🌒⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️🔘
    Weight Training(3days)
    ⛔️⛔️🔘⛔️🔘⛔️🔘
    Log Before EatingYes
    🌝🌒🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    Tracking: Yes
    Exercise(20min): Yes:
    UnderCalories:Yes;Over by+21 but it’s so close I’m going to count it!😇
    MFP 5week: 144.7
    Journal: chaotic day started by a poor sleep score then finished with teen love drama. I hung in there though but didn’t log before I ate like I set out to do today😤. Missed the gym but I did walk around the shopping complex my daughters orthodontist appointment was at and then later at night around the neighborhood.

@Krysless2 *hugs* I hope today is a better day!!!
  • AfriDiva
    AfriDiva Posts: 186 Member
    @AfriDiva welcome to the team, Dana! I hope you are feeling better, and that you were off to a better start today! I have added you to the step & water challenge! :)[/quote]

Thanks @cmhubbard92 I'm back on at it again.

1st June
    Name - AfriDiva
    Tracked - Yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - Yes, woodland walk.

Step and water Challenge
    Water - 91oz
    Steps - 8963

Mini Goals
    Logged Water - Yes
    Wourkouts - 1/3
    'Complete Diary' - Yes

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,381 Member
    Monday 1 June

Accountability
    Tracked food: yes
    Calories: under

Step and Water
    Steps : 20,513
    Water: 80 oz
  • cmhubbard92
    edited June 2020
    Good morning team!!! Looking for a few weigh ins that have been missed! Let's do this! :)

Sunday:
    @Terry111330

Monday:
    @roarkesdrift
    @schmonthei
    @sekotsjd
    @Slivnfree
  • cmhubbard92
    @AfriDiva and @DaffyGirl88 great work! You both are off to a great start!
This discussion has been closed.