WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited June 2020
    Amazing isn't it, Karen, how we can worry ourselves and then it all goes fine. BUT you prepared the punch points and made his job easy. Well done!

The car is home again, nice and shiny and nothing wrong with it. :D I always agitate myself about someone pinching the space outside the house while it is gone, but no one parked there all day. We do have a private drive, but it's a bit of a squeeze and we pay for a parking permit to use the street.

My new Asic trainers arrived. I was really worried they wouldn't fit, but they do. They are marginally snug, but I like the footbed which is angled for pronators. I'm not going to send them back. Next time I might go up half a size. Even though they were heavily discounted as old stock, they were still expensive. :o I don't think I would run a marathon in them, but 5k will be fine.

Also ordered the Veg cookery book for my DSIL. It will go straight to her house, so no worries.

All in all, a good day. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• cityjaneLondon
    edited June 2020
    Katla - We had mint in a pot for a while. I think ours was Moroccan for tea. I'm sure it will be great. It dies off in the winter and then re-sprouts in the spring, just when you've given up and think it's dead. :p Now I've got rampant peppermint in the front garden. We didn't plant it, but I use it a lot in raita. I also have sage and thyme in the front. I have rosemary and a bay tree in the back, and basil and parsley on my kitchen windowsill. Rosemary grows like a weed here. It seems to love the sea air.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Karen in VA, woohoo on the trip to the doctor!
    Beth, I too am glad your son is delaying his return for a bit. Would it be better, I wonder, if he were to take some sort of public transport to Nashville and then when things settle a bit you and/or hubby could drive his car there? And get the expired license thing taken care of? Just a thought....

Drive by post, need to get out for a walk. I was going to ride m6 bike to my friends house this afternoon, but after reviewing the route in my head (so many times!!) I decided it would be a safer option to just go for a walk this morning and then drive to her place. This will also enable me to hit a few more grocery stores in my quest for icing sugar!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Ppp
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    June 1 is a pretty morning so far. The sun is shining and I’m grateful for a new day. I have a lovely miniature rose that DH bought for me several years ago for Valentines Day. It is glorious and full of blooms. I moved it from a place it loves to a less desirable spot. I will be moving it back to its happy place this morning. I have decided to shop for another plant to sit near the BBQ. Maybe I can drop into a garden center and look for a culinary herb. I’m considering sage or thyme. I already have loads of parsley. I would love to get some new ideas from gardeners in the group. Any ideas?

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Hi, Katla.

Sage is a beautiful plant, and it seems to grow very well in my garden here in the valley. I have not had as much luck with thyme.

Much love,
    Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    I did my errands and went and got Homer..
    I do have a telemed session with a dr tomorrow..
    My joints and body ache all over and it is highly unlike anything i have experienced before
    I was able to get some small bamboo poles to tie up my plants and some twine .and moved some of the plants around..
    Tom will come get Homer.. he and Alfie just finished a late lunch,had snacks and now they are napping..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Allie - have you been tested for Covid-19?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Karen- Oh that’s so evil 😈 y clever rolled up into one! Annie should sent her that in a text lol 😂!! Hey Sis they do have soap y shampoo but still Id bring extras lol

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    MaryMoe: Welcome!!! :star:

Lisa: Surviving the opening of your state is a big enough challenge for anyone. Ours is on a slower time-frame unless I missed a memo. :flowerforyou:

Pip: There are a lot of places like Goodwill that aren’t open for business. I can only hope that Goodwill and various thirft shops will be able to reopen before too much more times goes by. :star:

Heather: I have several of the same plants as yours but no bay tree. We get dried bay leaves in a box, but I’ll bet your fresh leaves are much more flavorful. :star:

Flea and Karen:: I settled on two lovely black peppermint plants and just ate a leaf. I can still taste the peppermint flavor. I’m going to be very happy with these plants. I don’t have a clue why they’re called black, other than that is what I was told by the seller. The leaves are a lovely dark green. Now I need to find the right shaped planter for the spot I have in mind. :bigsmile::

Today’s weather is beautiful. The sun is shining and there are little whitecaps on the river. There is just enough wind to cause the neighbors chimes to sing. Lovely!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Barbie thank you for starting the June thread and inspirational truths.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited June 2020
    Katla yes smart to plant it in a pot. In the ground grows like a weed. You will be pulling it from spots where you don't want it. I don't mind because it is along the rear of our home and acts as a mosquito repellent.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Just been watching Long Lost Families on ITV. This particular series is about foundlings. They found a full brother and sister who had both been left as foundlings 6 years apart on both sides of the border in Ireland. Both in tartan bags. Amazing.
    They did manage to trace the father and mother, who had both died and some half siblings. All this just through DNA tests.
    I'm mentioning this because DH was adopted and was one of a pair of twins. He only found out about his twin sister in his late 40s. They were able to find out something about their mother, but he has never known who his father was. I find it a bit frustrating that he won't even take a DNA test to see if there are any near matches out there. He doesn't believe they are accurate and, for some reason, although he has often talked about his putative father, he is not curious enough to even try to find anything out. I know it's a long shot, but I would give it a try if I were him. Grrrrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    Well my father found an article also on the governor's website that says the quarantine is lifted. There goes my credibility. They are going to see what the governor says tomorrow.

Thanks for the June thread Barbie!

Annie in Delaware