What youtube workout did you do today?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'll probably do some more Sydney, because I missed 4 days of the May challenge, and a little T25 GAMMA before it's due back to library, and then more Yvette Bachman.
  • DancingMoosie
    Actually, it looks like she's starting a "Summertime Fine 2.0" July 1st, so maybe I'll just keep going with Sydney 🤷
    At least I know there are good options.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,254 Member
    https://youtu.be/Bj-ZGvAaGi4

Added on after Strong Curves workout. Quick but whew!!!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Actually, it looks like she's starting a "Summertime Fine 2.0" July 1st, so maybe I'll just keep going with Sydney 🤷
    At least I know there are good options.

Are these challenges just daily full body workouts?
  • DancingMoosie
    Sydney posts a workout every day at 5am. Every day is different. If you go to her channel, you can look at the playlist for the May challenge 2.0 or for the one before that and get an idea of what it looks like. You can also buy the calendar if you want to know the workouts for the whole month. Or, you could look for the playlist for full body workouts and do those 3x/week or so. It makes more sense once you just take a look at what she has. Her channel has over 800 videos and they are well organized in the playlists by type of workout or length.
  • gripdxd
    gripdxd Posts: 6 Member
    Check out Bailey Brown
  • DancingMoosie
    Bailey looks like she does more pilates/Barre type "strength" workouts. I prefer weights.
  • Deedoyle9721
    Deedoyle9721 Posts: 563 Member
    gripdxd wrote: »
    Check out Bailey Brown

That is why I started this... to get new ideas for youtube workouts! After a while, it seems to suggest the same ones over & over. I have happily added some of Bailey Brown to my workout lists! Thank you! I like doing weights the most but I also like variety and I like to do something different to shock my body so it never knows what to expect! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    Why would shocking your body be a good thing? That's not a way to progress at something.
  • Deedoyle9721
    Why would shocking your body be a good thing? That's not a way to progress at something.

The word "shocking" was a little too strong. As with most subjects, there are many different views. So there are no right or wrong answers really.

My husband and I work out at the same time in our basement workout room, he does his thing, I do mine but we do it together :) He has his weight routine and I do youtube workouts. He does the same routine every week and I do different youtube videos daily. We are both happy with what we choose to do.

For me, I get bored and I like to see/listen/follow different trainers and look at their different backgrounds. Even though my favorite workouts are with dumbells, I think doing something different like pilates for example works my muscles differently and also different parts of my muscles. In my view, I think that is a good thing. Of course, we all do not have the same view and that is ok!

Like most subjects, there are many arguments for both sides so it kinda boils down to personal preference.

Once you find a workout routine that you like and it works for you, that is the "key" to sticking with it!

Different strokes for different folks!
    8ftjb6lfr68w.png

idw7ua9za6g1.png

I love all your workouts you post and I add them to my lists of "to do workouts"! You are very inspiring! :)
  • Deedoyle9721
    My body could do any workout anytime from age 20 - 54 but since 55 I have aches & pains that take forever to go away.

But now, between my foot and knee, I have to be careful and modify many exercises - like going from high impact to low impact, etc...

And now just from turning the wrong way - out goes my back. :( 😡 Sucks!!!

Be back as soon as I am able to move! Loving the Tens Machine!!!
  • DancingMoosie

For me, I get bored and I like to see/listen/follow different trainers and look at their different backgrounds. Even though my favorite workouts are with dumbells, I think doing something different like pilates for example works my muscles differently and also different parts of my muscles. In my view, I think that is a good thing

ok, so this makes more sense to me. You want to try new things, not get bored, and work your muscles in different ways.👍 I agree, sometimes doing different types of strength training can utilize different muscles at different angles that may be helpful if you have weaknesses somewhere, or to help with recovery from overuse or strain.
  • DancingMoosie
    https://youtu.be/lnQT_WIzoVc
    Sydney's full body bodyweight workout (day 1 of summertime fine 2.0)
    Followed by T25 GAMMA The Pyramid

If anyone is looking for a short, easy walk video, try out Jessica Smith's walk and talk series:
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Decided to start my fit by 47 push since my birthday is this month. I plan on working out every day until then. Started with Sydney Cummings cardio. Might do some Pilates or something in a bit
    https://youtu.be/IET0g8Q6WcQ
  • DancingMoosie
    If anyone is interested, Karla@FitOutsideTheBox is live tomorrow on YouTube, with a step and pump routine: https://youtu.be/ZsDDGq9T4KA
  • Deedoyle9721
    If anyone is interested, Karla@FitOutsideTheBox is live tomorrow on YouTube, with a step and pump routine:

This one looks like I can do it! I can't follow the more choreographed complicated ones - I'm uncoordinated and get frustrated. I'm adding it to my list! :) Thanks for the heads up on the live routine! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    I did Sydney's cardio and abs https://youtu.be/bTzr2xu9WFY followed by Karla's live step(no link because it hasn't been uploaded yet). She isn't going to be publicly posting the live videos any more. She's keeping it to subscribers. So, if you like her workous and want to support her channel, subscribe to Fitoutsidethebox and perhaps also sign up for the steppers club.
  • Deedoyle9721
    edited June 2020
    I did Sydney's cardio and abs followed by Karla's live step(no link because it hasn't been uploaded yet). She isn't going to be publicly posting the live videos any more. She's keeping it to subscribers. So, if you like her workous and want to support her channel, subscribe to Fitoutsidethebox and perhaps also sign up for the steppers club.

I subscribed to her channel a long time ago - I really like her!
    For live videos do you have to work out exactly when she is doing her live show or will it be added to her workout list?
    I still have many of her workouts that I've never done in my list! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    I did Sydney's cardio and abs followed by Karla's live step(no link because it hasn't been uploaded yet). She isn't going to be publicly posting the live videos any more. She's keeping it to subscribers. So, if you like her workous and want to support her channel, subscribe to Fitoutsidethebox and perhaps also sign up for the steppers club.

I subscribed to her channel a long time ago - I really like her!
    For live videos do you have to work out exactly when she is doing her live show or will it be added to her workout list?
    I still have many of her workouts that I've never done in my list! :)

Are you talking about Karla@FitOutsideTheBox? She usually edits and uploads the live workouts later in the day. I think she's just a little uncomfortable with the general public who don't know her and her style, being judgey about the live feeds that don't always go as planned, or we talk to much, or whatever. She usually has a live workout Tuesday and Saturday. If you follow her on Instagram or Facebook, there is more info. I just follow on YouTube and the community page for updates.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,254 Member
    Started yesterday! We will see!

https://youtu.be/9VsDP584zyQ