At what age do you think that the body's physical development stops?

threewins
threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
I'm not talking about height, I'm talking about size, weight etc. It's hard to find useful information, and I'm curious what everyone's opinion is. Personal experiences are most welcome.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I don't think the body ever physically stops changing.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    harper16 wrote: »

Mostly this, your skeleton stops growing in your late teens early 20s. You can increase and decrease your muscle mass with exercise/lack. Obviously, fat can be gained and lost. I think there are other factors as well that can change the body. I know many women whose shape seems to have permanently changed some after having kids, typically with wider hips, even if they get back to the same weight they aren't the same size. Its typical to lose bone density, a bit of height, and muscle mass as you get into your older years.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    At the age you die 🤷🏿‍♀️ I have no personal experience regarding my death to share yet, thankfully.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I'm 36 and so far I look different every year in terms of weight and body composition.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    threewins wrote: »
    I'm not talking about height, I'm talking about size, weight etc. It's hard to find useful information, and I'm curious what everyone's opinion is. Personal experiences are most welcome.

Death. We are all slowly dying. Cells dying and being reborn, multiplying, then dying again. The body is never a static machine until death sets in.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    1sphere wrote: »
    harper16 wrote: »

Mostly this, your skeleton stops growing in your late teens early 20s. You can increase and decrease...
    I don’t know, I think for some people the skeleton stops growing in early 30s. I definitely became taller from 26 - 30.

you could be right, I haven't honestly researched it. I do think men are supposed to grow and continue to fill out longer than women.