Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 5,443 Member Member Posts: 5,443 Member
    Users. Ayup. Friends and family who want to use me until they use me up.

• lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 28,238 Member Member Posts: 28,238 Member
    The fact that people are so bored right now, they are mowing their lawns every other day. Seriously, the weather is nice now...you want to have your windows open or sit in the yard, but it's a constant drone of lawnmowers all day, every day. Even in the rain. Give it a rest, people.

This time of year...grass typically grows faster than other time of the year... unless you live in the country with ppl miles away from you.. nothing you can do about it.

My 2¢

• SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,653 Member Member Posts: 1,653 Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    The fact that people are so bored right now, they are mowing their lawns every other day. Seriously, the weather is nice now...you want to have your windows open or sit in the yard, but it's a constant drone of lawnmowers all day, every day. Even in the rain. Give it a rest, people.

This time of year...grass typically grows faster than other time of the year... unless you live in the country with ppl miles away from you.. nothing you can do about it.

My 2¢

Yes...but it's actually good for the grass to let it grow a little bit this time of year...your lawn doesn't need to look like a golf course every day. There is NO reason to cut it every other day...mine is cut once a week, and it doesn't look overgrown or unsightly.

Of course there's nothing I can do about it....it's a little thing that irks me.
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 28,238 Member Member Posts: 28,238 Member

My 2¢

Yes...but it's actually good for the grass to let it grow a little bit this time of year...your lawn doesn't need to look like a golf course every day. There is NO reason to cut it every other day...mine is cut once a week, and it doesn't look overgrown or unsightly.

Of course there's nothing I can do about it....it's a little thing that irks me.

Unless ya in a hoa community. They are strict about how tall your grass can be.. 😂
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,653 Member Member Posts: 1,653 Member

My 2¢

Unless ya in a hoa community. They are strict about how tall your grass can be.. 😂

I'm not in a HOA community. And, like I said, it does not get tall in a week...mine looks fine. My neighbors have told me they are just bored (I didn't question them about it, they were just chit-chatting). I just think that if you are bored, you can find something to do that doesn't pollute the air or create that much noise.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,500 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,500 Member
    My inability to talk myself into organizing my closet.

• will_it_go_round_in_circleswill_it_go_round_in_circles Member Posts: 417 Member Member Posts: 417 Member

But does the unorganized closet irk you more?
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,500 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,500 Member

But does the unorganized closet irk you more?

Hmmm, I think my stubborn mind irks me more than the closet catastrophe. 🤪
  • thereshegoesagainthereshegoesagain Member Posts: 961 Member Member Posts: 961 Member
    The lady that cat sits for me is a complete slob, but the cats love her so I put up with it. But I spend a good day or 2 cleaning up after her when I return from a trip.
    edited June 2
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,763 Member Member Posts: 1,763 Member
    Negativity with any idea I come up with, such as 'we need a new kitchen floor'. (It really IS disgusting and old. :( 'BUT how can we replace it until we get our kitchen redone'(which is also 50+ yrs. old), he says. Like *that's* ever going to happen. :/
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,738 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,738 MFP Moderator
    When you wake up for work and people (kids) who don't have to work are already up and actively not working. I want coco crispies and cartoons too dammit.

I'm all for ignoring adulting and hanging with kids! Life is so much simpler when you are little...
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Member Posts: 786 Member Member Posts: 786 Member
    When someone posts a screenshot of a computer screen by holding up their phone and taking a photo of it.
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    When someone posts a screenshot of a computer screen by holding up their phone and taking a photo of it.
    2joa1iswisfe.jpeg

waking up in the middle of the night with a cramp in my calf
  • mehshell420mehshell420 Member Posts: 520 Member Member Posts: 520 Member
    When your roomie calls to ask if you want something from the store, then complains that what you want is too pricey, but they come home with a bunch of stuff that costs more than the item you wanted was. 😤😑
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,738 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,738 MFP Moderator
    chapped lips
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,902 Member Member Posts: 7,902 Member
    Getting a spam call at 1:42 in the morning. Man, you got me out of bed because I thought someone had DIED. *kitten* your spammy *kitten*. :angry:
    Cicadas.