Coronavirus prep

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Very interesting. That might explain why (here in Italy) survivors of COVID19 are asked to donate their blood. Andrea Boccelli just donated, and it was all over the News. The plasma is used on those who are fighting the disease. They've had good luck with this approach.

100% of the patients I work with are COVID positive, and we have been giving the plasma to the patients who qualify for it, for around 3 weeks now - the results are astounding! I'm in Chicago, FWIW.

Can you elaborate? Is this the cure and hope people have been waiting for? TBH, haven't read a lot about Covid-19 lately, it gets overwhelming.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,297 Member
    Hearing UK news this morning, 7-00am. There is a pill going into a London hospital on trial it is hoped it will ease the respiritory issues connected to this virus. The expectation is, if it does do the business, going into production then it will be available internationally. Regretably, Success is not a given.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member

I did that too last week. I'm Celiac and my wife is highly allergic to cow dairy, so I have to read every label very cautiously. I don't buy many packaged things for that reason, but I've had to pick things up and put them back as well. I just make sure that my hands are clean and sanitized before I go in and try to not do it very much, if at all.

It's a good thing you feel guilty. At least it shows you're trying to be very conscientious.

From what I'm reading, surfaces aren't nearly as bad of an issue as once thought. It's more air and ventilation systems carrying the virus inside.

I don't buy many packaged items in general, but I do like to keep some "emergency" meals on hand. So canned soup or frozen items for those nights/days when my body just says "no more". Happened last Thursday (I have a back injury and was not sleeping at all due to pain). No way was I going to be able to chop vegetables and make a meal. So it was soup for lunch and a frozen meal for dinner.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Where I work, they are staggering return dates. I go back to working on-site on Monday. Interestingly enough, they said that we are not required to wear uniforms "until further notice." This makes me think that the prevailing expectation is that many may no longer fit into their uniforms. I admit even I've gained a few pounds according to the scale, but I tried on my pants and they actually feel more loose than I remember.

It would not be for that reason. I think it's because when you are outside your home you should wash the clothes you had on each time if the virus is possibly about there so you may not have enough uniforms.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Where I work, they are staggering return dates. I go back to working on-site on Monday. Interestingly enough, they said that we are not required to wear uniforms "until further notice." This makes me think that the prevailing expectation is that many may no longer fit into their uniforms. I admit even I've gained a few pounds according to the scale, but I tried on my pants and they actually feel more loose than I remember.

It would not be for that reason. I think it's because when you are outside your home you should wash the clothes you had on each time if the virus is possibly about there so you may not have enough uniforms.

We each have 7 sets. Most of us wash ours as frequently as we would wash any other clothes - I wear for the day and then put in the laundry to wear a new set the next day.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member

We each have 7 sets. Most of us wash ours as frequently as we would wash any other clothes - I wear for the day and then put in the laundry to wear a new set the next day.

Ok well I just find it hard to believe any employer would assume anyone gained weight. Never mind. A lot of us sit on our butts at work all day anyhow so not different at home or the office.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

Ok well I just find it hard to believe any employer would assume anyone gained weight. Never mind. A lot of us sit on our butts at work all day anyhow so not different at home or the office.

The exercise isn't different for those of us in the office, but most work in factory. For them, the layoff was less activity. For them and us office workers, whether WFH or layoff, we are at home where snacks are more easily accessible and cheap (compared to vending prices). So it isn't about activity as much as food.