What youtube workout did you do today?

Replies

• Stephentoshea
    Stephentoshea Posts: 3 Member
    I've been using MFP for a while now but only started tracking macros accurately in the last 12 weeks. I've lost 10kg and seen a huge change in my life. I've been inspired to start a YouTube channel to track my fitness journey over the next couple of years and hopefully help other people on fitness journeys of their own! I post 3 videos a week including workout videos every Wednesday!

I'd really appreciate it if anyone wanted to check it out & support me by subscribing:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_uWoBIg-WVOlzHgmj772tA?sub_confirmation=1

Best of luck on your journey and I hope to see you over on YouTube some time!
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    I see a lot of step workouts on here. I have never used one before to workout. I am very uncoordinated and might end up falling flat on my face.😄 What do you like and not like about using a step? How will it benefit you? Just curious. I am wanting to try some new things to workout.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I see a lot of step workouts on here. I have never used one before to workout. I am very uncoordinated and might end up falling flat on my face.😄 What do you like and not like about using a step? How will it benefit you? Just curious. I am wanting to try some new things to workout.

The step just adds a bit of resistance, like comparing walking flat to uphill or going upstairs. Just another level to enhance your workout. If you've never done it, you can always learn the routine flat on the ground. There are many ways to use the step and move around the step, and if you like choreography, then try it! Someone like Jenny Ford, and her other channel freedom fit, is a good place for beginners to start.
  • DancingMoosie
    Ok, so today I did Sydney's day 3, 50 min legs https://youtu.be/TLe74XyWuZM
    Followed by a DVD Amy Bento Ross Stepletic adv.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    HasFit again today 😍. I choose my workouts either from their website (recently) or go for something from popsugars - love the variety there (HIIT, Tabata, weights/no weights, 30 min or 45 min...).
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member

The step just adds a bit of resistance, like comparing walking flat to uphill or going upstairs. Just another level to enhance your workout. If you've never done it, you can always learn the routine flat on the ground. There are many ways to use the step and move around the step, and if you like choreography, then try it! Someone like Jenny Ford, and her other channel freedom fit, is a good place for beginners to start.

@DancingMoosie Thanks for the info and the tips! I appreciate it!
  • Deedoyle9721
    Deedoyle9721 Posts: 563 Member
    I did Sydney's cardio and abs followed by Karla's live step(no link because it hasn't been uploaded yet). She isn't going to be publicly posting the live videos any more. She's keeping it to subscribers. So, if you like her workous and want to support her channel, subscribe to Fitoutsidethebox and perhaps also sign up for the steppers club.

I subscribed to her channel a long time ago - I really like her!
    For live videos do you have to work out exactly when she is doing her live show or will it be added to her workout list?
    I still have many of her workouts that I've never done in my list! :)

Are you talking about Karla@FitOutsideTheBox? She usually edits and uploads the live workouts later in the day. I think she's just a little uncomfortable with the general public who don't know her and her style, being judgey about the live feeds that don't always go as planned, or we talk to much, or whatever. She usually has a live workout Tuesday and Saturday. If you follow her on Instagram or Facebook, there is more info. I just follow on YouTube and the community page for updates.

Ooops, no, I was talking about Sydney lol. But the live box step videos I was talking about Karla. :) No worries, I copy the ones from your posts that are on youtube! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    I did Sydney's cardio and abs followed by Karla's live step(no link because it hasn't been uploaded yet). She isn't going to be publicly posting the live videos any more. She's keeping it to subscribers. So, if you like her workous and want to support her channel, subscribe to Fitoutsidethebox and perhaps also sign up for the steppers club.

I subscribed to her channel a long time ago - I really like her!
    For live videos do you have to work out exactly when she is doing her live show or will it be added to her workout list?
    I still have many of her workouts that I've never done in my list! :)

Are you talking about Karla@FitOutsideTheBox? She usually edits and uploads the live workouts later in the day. I think she's just a little uncomfortable with the general public who don't know her and her style, being judgey about the live feeds that don't always go as planned, or we talk to much, or whatever. She usually has a live workout Tuesday and Saturday. If you follow her on Instagram or Facebook, there is more info. I just follow on YouTube and the community page for updates.

Ooops, no, I was talking about Sydney lol. But the live box step videos I was talking about Karla. :) No worries, I copy the ones from your posts that are on youtube! :)

I haven't seen Sydney post any live workouts.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Ranier Pollard from popsugar. I live his workouts. I'll do an upper body from Sydney probably later this afternoon. I'm trying to do 30 minute cardio while my son does the same amount of independent work for school. https://youtu.be/3DAQIK6IyOo
  • Deedoyle9721
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Ranier Pollard from popsugar. I live his workouts. I'll do an upper body from Sydney probably later this afternoon. I'm trying to do 30 minute cardio while my son does the same amount of independent work for school.

Great idea! :)

He looks fun - I will have to try his workout! Thanks for sharing!
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    I was supposed to go on a hike today but the weather was worse than forecast so... this was my workout today r0xwhbnv2fwc.png
  • DancingMoosie
    Sydney's day 4 full body followed by Quest Club's BodyAttack/BodyCombat
    https://youtu.be/LTvFeF5nsWI
  • DancingMoosie
    I also joined cardio party mashup for a live workout at 4, but didn't realize it was going to be over an hour and a half long! I stopped at 5...
  • Deedoyle9721
    I was supposed to go on a hike today but the weather was worse than forecast so... this was my workout today r0xwhbnv2fwc.png

All 3 in a day? Whew! Go Netitheyeti!
    When I was younger, 65 min was my top workout time for 1 day... now it's 40 minutes.
    (I'm 56)
  • Deedoyle9721
    Sydney's day 4 full body followed by Quest Club's BodyAttack/BodyCombat
    https://youtu.be/LTvFeF5nsWI

Good one! :)
  • Deedoyle9721

I agree with DancingMoosie! I too am uncoordinated but I do like easy to follow step workouts. Compared to walking my Fitbit says you burn more calories and my heart rate is higher! I like Jeri Love & Jenny Ford. Look for beginner step workouts on youtube, there are several to try! :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Yesterday I did this Ranier Tabata. I really like Tabata. Then I did a Sydney leg video https://youtu.be/XIeCMhNWF

Today I might try a video from Ranier's personal YouTube channel
  • netitheyeti

All 3 in a day? Whew! Go Netitheyeti!
    When I was younger, 65 min was my top workout time for 1 day... now it's 40 minutes.
    (I'm 56)

I've been feeling pretty restless lately tbh, the yoga thing was more of a "quick bit of movement before I go to bed so I'm not as sore/stiff" tho hah
    I also like to walk but the weather hasn't been good (and looks like another week of rain coming up) :(
  • netitheyeti
    346rk81njxuq.png