High Fiber | Low (or Lowish) Carb | Low Calories

Options
ttcbelieve
ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
Hi,

Please can anyone share vegetables or other food recommendations that are High in Fiber | Low in Carb and Low in Calories. I started low net carb plan of 40g recently. keeping to a calorie of 1800 or below. I am on target with my net carb and calorie but way behind trying to hit Fiber of 25 - 35 daily. I average 10 -15

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    High fiber AND low calorie? You're asking for a lot, my friend.

Here's what's surfaced in the past ~90 days of my MFP food logging...

VEG
    * acorn squash
    * spinach, chard, kale (and all the stuff that looks like this stuff)
    * sugar snap peas

FRUIT
    * blueberries

OTHER
    * mixed mushrooms
    * SmartBran by Nature's Path
    * popcorn

Tempeh is also really good for fiber and protein but what you and I consider low vs high calorie may differ. Vega (a vegan protein supplement) and Ultimate Daily Cleanse (a fiber supplement) are also weekly mainstays in my MFP food logs.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Some people supplement with psyllium husk for fiber, so that's an option, too. It's sort of a food, i.e., not an artificial additive, if that matters to you.

Personally, I don't . . . but I'm perfectly happy eating 150-200g+ carbs daily at 1850 calories while losing weight, so have no trouble getting enough fiber.
  • Mandy1973mfp
    Mandy1973mfp Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I’m too having the same issue, low carb and struggling to fill my fibre intake. Early stages of diet, so will be tweaking those macros as I progress, to ensure a healthy balance. In the meantime, an extra portion of broccoli and a few a nuts in a controlled portion, I’m hoping will help. Good luck!
  • ttcbelieve
    Options
    Thanks all, i'll follow the recommendation
  • ttcbelieve
    Options

Tempeh is also really good for fiber and protein but what you and I consider low vs high calorie may differ. Vega (a vegan protein supplement) and Ultimate Daily Cleanse (a fiber supplement) are also weekly mainstays in my MFP food logs. [/quote]

Hello,
    Please is ultimate daily cleanse a pill?
  • MaltedTea
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    *snip*
    Hello,
    Please is ultimate daily cleanse a pill?

Nope --> https://www.northcoastnaturals.com/ultimate-daily-cleanse
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    High fiber AND low calorie? You're asking for a lot, my friend.

Here's what's surfaced in the past ~90 days of my MFP food logging...

VEG
    * acorn squash
    * spinach, chard, kale (and all the stuff that looks like this stuff)
    * sugar snap peas

FRUIT
    * blueberries

OTHER
    * mixed mushrooms
    * SmartBran by Nature's Path
    * popcorn

Tempeh is also really good for fiber and protein but what you and I consider low vs high calorie may differ. Vega (a vegan protein supplement) and Ultimate Daily Cleanse (a fiber supplement) are also weekly mainstays in my MFP food logs.

From where do you purchase this cereal?
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    ^^ The grocery store (like most all of them), local health food stores or amazon.ca. I live in an urban area so perhaps that's why it's easy for me to find? 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea- oftentimes I wish that Ilived ina bigger city- esp. for purchasing certain food- due to arthiritis- I try to be dairy free as much as possible- and there are so few choices where i live here in Ga- Would love that cereal you mentioned
  • beulah81
    Options
    ^^ The grocery store (like most all of them), local health food stores or amazon.ca. I live in an urban area so perhaps that's why it's easy for me to find? 🤷🏿‍♀️

None of the stores around me sell it. I checked Amazon (I live in US) and their price is exorbitant. Nature Path's website is "out of stock" when I check it. Oh well. Thank you for getting back!!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love filling up on spaghetti squash and zucchini. Low calories and filling as heck.
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    beulah81 wrote: »

None of the stores around me sell it. I checked Amazon (I live in US) and their price is exorbitant. Nature Path's website is "out of stock" when I check it. Oh well. Thank you for getting back!!

I checked Walmart.com (US site) but it's out of stock (errm, for a bulk purchase of a dozen boxes. I like it but it's not THAT serious). Walmart.ca (Canadian site) allows you to purchase one box at a time like a normal person.

Yet, there are many other fiber-ish kinds of cereals out there. For example, Kellogg's All Bran Buds are very similar to Nature's Path Smart Bran and just as tasty.

• beulah81
    edited June 2020
    Options
    beulah81 wrote: »

I checked Walmart.com (US site) but it's out of stock (errm, for a bulk purchase of a dozen boxes. I like it but it's not THAT serious). Walmart.ca (Canadian site) allows you to purchase one box at a time like a normal person.

Yet, there are many other fiber-ish kinds of cereals out there. For example, Kellogg's All Bran Buds are very similar to Nature's Path Smart Bran and just as tasty.

Thank you for checking @MaltedTea! So sweet of you. I "burned out" of All Bran Buds and wanted to try something different. Sounds like they are pretty similar. Thanks for the insight!👍😊