June 1st to June 15th: where have you been where are you going?

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
I’m starting this month at 199 and my goal for June 15 is 196.

Going to stick to the 1.5 pounds per week loss goal.

A little milestone for this goal is that at 196, my BMI will shift from the “obese” category to “overweight.” That’s an exciting milestone.

Also, since I made it to my long term goal of 199, I’m setting a new long term goal of 175.

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,274 Member
    I'm 205.8 and I want to be 203 by June 15. Weight loss during menopause is slow and difficult.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,605 Member
    I keep going up and down with weight. I'm soo ready for the scale to keep moving down as it did before my surgery last yr. I'm still working with a broken foot. I tried walking some this past weekend. Found out I'm not ready for that yet. I started June 252. I would like to hit the 240s again this month ..
  • MsAdventure19
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    I keep going up and down with weight. I'm soo ready for the scale to keep moving down as it did before my surgery last yr. I'm still working with a broken foot. I tried walking some this past weekend. Found out I'm not ready for that yet. I started June 252. I would like to hit the 240s again this month ..

Dealing with injury has got be frustrating! It’s great that between that and pandemic you haven’t gained a lot in the past few months. I did find a few articles about weight loss and injuries online - I’m sure you’ve looked at all of them, but I’ll share a link anyway 😉.

https://www.shape.com/weight-loss/management/how-avoid-gaining-weight-when-youre-injured

The great thing is you are still motivated to try. Keep coming back to and checking in with us - we’re in this together!

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,605 Member
    MsAdventure19
    Thank you for sharing the article. I appreciate it. And your encouraging words. It has been hard for me. Some days are better then others. But being in these groups that I join keeps me accountable.
  • MsAdventure19
    Alright, well it’s June 15th and my goal was 196 but my scale says 197.5, so a bit off from what I hoped for. I’m a little disappointed, but I’ve been making good food choices and exercising so that other pound and half is going to have to come off at some point, right?! I also have my period right now, which always causes chaos in my weight for about a week and half, so I’m hopeful I’ll be back on track when that passes. How’s everyone else doing?
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,274 Member
    My goal was 203 and I'm 204.4 so I didn't quite make it, but I'm moving in the right direction. These goals are really helping!