What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    not to be disrespectful, but I never really understood paintings like this:
    xgi6iw6q2crb.jpg

I'm asking myself... why this color in that box? why is that box bigger...?

Lol, Mondrian.

So... the precursor to abstract expressionism (he actually made up "Neoplasticism" to describe his work). He believed that this was the way to express ultimate beauty, to not get hung up on the form and to devolve everything to the three basic primary colors (yellow, blue, red) and thick black lines to describe (abstractly) the world.

His work was really a precursor to not just abstract expressionism, but later minimalism efforts as well as color field painting (Rothko et.).

Kinda interesting, but I can see how people would look at it and go "But, why??" Artists are weird.
    Haha, I'm not sure if I like his world that much... but he got away with it, and it was a long time ago during the war years I guess. So there probably wasn't much fruitful inspiration :S

looks kind of ok on a pillow
    https://society6.com/product/neoplasticism_pillow

You know, it's pretty tame compared to a lot of the other weird stuff during the 1920s.. and then the 1960s and 1970s. :lol:
  • 1sphere wrote: »
    xgi6iw6q2crb.jpg

Lol, Mondrian.

So... the precursor to abstract expressionism (he actually made up "Neoplasticism" to describe his work). He believed that this was the way to express ultimate beauty, to not get hung up on the form and to devolve everything to the three basic primary colors (yellow, blue, red) and thick black lines to describe (abstractly) the world.

His work was really a precursor to not just abstract expressionism, but later minimalism efforts as well as color field painting (Rothko et.).

Kinda interesting, but I can see how people would look at it and go "But, why??" Artists are weird.
    Haha, I'm not sure if I like his world that much... but he got away with it, and it was a long time ago during the war years I guess. So there probably wasn't much fruitful inspiration :S

Not a $25 pillow
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    xgi6iw6q2crb.jpg

Lol, Mondrian.

Not a $25 pillow

I wouldn't like it in my hall, on a wall
    Not on a pillow
    Not under a willow
    I would not could not
    Own that art
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Was talking with a couple relatives tonight. Sad to see so many of my extended family sucked into conspiracy theories and party talking points... it's led to personal slights and arguments, even between those I love. It's as if they've stopped thinking for themselves. We've lost the ability and/or are unwilling to think critically in these times of crisis.
  • KosmosKitten
    xgi6iw6q2crb.jpg

Lol, Mondrian.

Not a $25 pillow

I wouldn't like it in my hall, on a wall
    Not on a pillow
    Not under a willow
    I would not could not
    Own that art

:lol:
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    The more you disagree,
    the more I like you.
    h2s93x4qiv3a.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    The more you disagree,
    the more I like you.
    h2s93x4qiv3a.gif

source.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    The more you disagree,
    the more I like you.
    h2s93x4qiv3a.gif

I don't think that's the truth... 😏
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I had a friend.
    I thought we were good friends,
    we shared a lot, promised a lot.
    It’s difficult for me to accept but I guess I must, that they just didn’t mean it.
    When words and actions don’t match up, actions speak louder than words.
    It makes me sad.

This 😔 hurts to be let down.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    xgi6iw6q2crb.jpg

Have you seen one in person?

Mondrian was genius.

69745db03ebb9e1971c3e7ab0fb7c46b.jpg

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited June 2020
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    xgi6iw6q2crb.jpg

Have you seen one in person?

Mondrian was genius.

69745db03ebb9e1971c3e7ab0fb7c46b.jpg

Looks like a basic Lego car

*edit
    or basic Lego Porsche
  • Vikka_V
    Funny, the new covid closed door policy and curb side service at work has me associating clients with their cars insignia - Went up real close to the emblem the other day on someones car 'cause I didn't recognize it, to read it...must have looked like a weirdo
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    So... I'm watching that documentary series on Jeffrey Epstein on Netflix (I like documentaries + I'm bored while I knit)... and a phrase caught me off guard. "Living a life that people only dream of" while showing massive mansions, expansive lands, numerous houses and golf courses.

And I thought to myself: Am I the only one who doesn't want any of that stuff? I'm not particularly interested in large expansive houses, expensive cars, pools, golf courses or expensive jewelry, really high end clothes, etc.

Statements made like that make me feel really peculiar because I live in America.. we're supposed to want/desire those things, but I don't. Is something wrong with me that I don't desire wealth or fame?

I dunno.. just a random thought.

You're not weird.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    So... I'm watching that documentary series on Jeffrey Epstein on Netflix (I like documentaries + I'm bored while I knit)... and a phrase caught me off guard. "Living a life that people only dream of" while showing massive mansions, expansive lands, numerous houses and golf courses.

And I thought to myself: Am I the only one who doesn't want any of that stuff? I'm not particularly interested in large expansive houses, expensive cars, pools, golf courses or expensive jewelry, really high end clothes, etc.

Statements made like that make me feel really peculiar because I live in America.. we're supposed to want/desire those things, but I don't. Is something wrong with me that I don't desire wealth or fame?

You're not the only one.
  • Vikka_V

I hear you.
    I just want to enjoy my days - as they come and try to appreciate them.
    Working makes my "free" time more enjoyable and looked forward to.

Don't want to own lots of stuff or retire either.
  • KosmosKitten
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I hear you.
    I just want to enjoy my days - as they come and try to appreciate them.
    Working makes my "free" time more enjoyable and looked forward to.

Don't want to own lots of stuff or retire either.

Precisely. I want to do the most I can with the limited time I have on this earth. I have to assume I only get the one lifetime (since I don't know if a higher power exists or if reincarnation is a thing). Sure, it would be great to have more wealth to go *do* those things I want, but there's other less expensive things I can do in the meantime, like sharing moments with the few people I care about, petting cats, creating every day and learning new things.

I just feel at odds with it, is all. Bleh.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited June 2020
    I wonder how the face recognition software is handling recognizing faces with people having facemasks and sunglasses on. 🤔