Wow no motivation off no one yet lmao

Options
🤣

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    maybe if you actually wrote something in your forum posts instead of a title and blank body?
  • jordanconroy23
    jordanconroy23 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow sorry well What would the difference b if I wrote more in the body??? Title says what I’m asking 👌🏾
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Real motivation comes from within.

External motivation is usually a cookie or threats. They don't work very well in the long term.
  • jordanconroy23
    Options
    Wow I touched some nerves if u don’t like what u read to read it and don’t reply and people have spoke off them just not on them and they give me some good advice I ment no one says much on the forums so calm down wow
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Wow I touched some nerves if u don’t like what u read to read it and don’t reply and people have spoke off them just not on them and they give me some good advice I ment no one says much on the forums so calm down wow

And you wonder why people won't respond to you... :huh:

Exactly
  • jordanconroy23
    Options
    There’s no attitude I just don’t get why everyone got so angry coz I don’t write directions on how to give advice but ok then that’s cool take it how u want to
  • jordanconroy23
    Options
    I thought the whole point in these forums was to say how u feeling about the things u try and people respond with advice or something my bad for assuming that’s what forums are for
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    There’s no attitude I just don’t get why everyone got so angry coz I don’t write directions on how to give advice but ok then that’s cool take it how u want to

What sorta advice would you like? Do you want to share some about your goals? Do you have any specific questions?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What kind of motivation are you looking for?
  • jordanconroy23
    Options
    Put weight on fast with out steroids
  • Daisyfinch90
    Daisyfinch90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @jordanconroy23 how many calories are you consuming at the moment? Do you understand macros? What kind of weight training are you doing? Can share things my husband did/does, but need to know how much you know/where you’re at
  • jordanconroy23
    Options
    Well I’m eating 2500cals maybe more a day and I train moderate weights I am putting weight on just not how I want to be I feel I’m still abit lagged?
  • Daisyfinch90
    Daisyfinch90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You’ll probably get better advice on the gaining weight board, but I can help a bit!

If you’re confident with form, go for free weights rather than machines so you train more muscles at once. Machines are great at tweaking individual muscles once you’re almost where you want to be.

Also remember to increase the weight you’re lifting. The last rep of a set should be doable but difficult. If it doesn’t feel hard to do, add weight.

Do you cycle between bulking and cutting? My husband will eat around 4000-5000kcal a day when bulking, and drop to around 1500 when cutting. He lifts heavy though, so I’d aim below those amounts, but more than you’re eating now.

You won’t gain very quickly at 2500kcal whilst training as a man, especially if you’re on the taller side. I’d guess you might not be eating enough, especially if you’re feeling lagged.

Giving muscles a chance to rest is also really important. Rotate muscle groups and don’t skip out on rest days - you’ll delay rather than speed up progress.

MFP will suggest you set your macros at 50/30/20 (carbs/protein/fat) but husband is of the opinion that 35/35/30 gives him more success. Don’t skimp on protein, it makes a huge difference.

You might find it helps to avoid xenoestrogenic foods as they can trick your body into increasing oestrogen levels, which can mess with gains. When you’re eating a large amount of food, these can become a problem when they wouldn’t in small amounts.

Try rowing or exercise bike with higher resistance for cardio?

And for motivation, find music that gets you really, really pumped and play it loud. Channel frustration and get in the zone!