No More Late Night Snacking in 2020 -- June 2020 Challenge

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
... unless you've planned it (what I am trying to say is that I'm not willing to start a debate)

If you haven't seen this challenge before, let me brief you about it:

We started this thinking: "Looks like I'm self-sabotaging by munching/bingeing after dinner" or "Mhmm... I'm kinda doubling my in-calories at night".

What you have to do to change the way you feel about your eating at night:

- decide what late night snacking means to you (could be either bingeing, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)

- report in the thread. We post by the formula:
Me: X vs. LNS: Y,
where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won". You may want to also add a * to the latest number. Feel free to also post streaks of how many days (in a row) you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile!

Have I touched a cord? Then: You are welcome!

Replies

• feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    My June LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM, so water is fine. May: 74%, Best: 74%

Me: 0
    LNS: 1 (+1)
    Streak: 0

I was good except that at 8:30 my wife hands me the bowl after she's made cupcakes....
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 0
    So far so good. Streak 1
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Hi All, this is my first time trying this challenge. I’d love to give it a try. Thank you!

Me 1
    LNS 0
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    LNS: 1

I broke a ten-day streak last night....
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 0
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    Me1
    Lns0
  • suzievv
    Me 2
    LNS 0
  • Beeps2011
    LNS: 2

• 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    Me2
    Lns0
  • caloricus
    Me 2
    LNS 0
  • feliciaboots
    My June LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM, so water is fine. May: 74%, Best: 74%

Me: 1
    LNS: 2 (+1)

I was weak and had a tablespoon of frosting at 8:15 - not the best start to the month!

• suzievv
    Me: 3
    LNS: 0

So far this challenge is really really helpful. I’m kinda hungry tonight though!!! I think I’ll have a big breakfast tomorrow!
  • Beeps2011
    Me: 1

Streak: +1
  • caloricus
    Me 3
    LNS 0
  • feliciaboots

Me: 2 (+1)
    Streak: 1

Gonna win, don't wanna be a loser, gonna win, 'cause winnin' really the only thing...

• suzievv
    Well I may need to put everything on hold for a while. Before dinner today I definitely had symptoms of gall bladder failure and almost went to the ER; then the pain subsided and so I’m just going to go to the dr in the morning. Gall bladder disease runs in my family big time so I’m highly suspicious... the pain was so excruciating... crazy times. The on-call nurse said to either eat nothing until my appt or just eat a little bit of very bland food... so now I’m so hungry since I missed dinner and taking tiny nibbles on a banana just to hold me over till the morning. So for me the LNS challenge is temporarily on HOLD! If I don’t return, I hope everyone has a fantastic month!!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    May 4

Me: 3 *
    LNS: 1

Streak: 3

Here's hoping I have a better month.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Welcome everyone!
  • Beeps2011