NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld I have that knee buckle thing occasionally too. I'm calling it age. Nice goals for June. It's great when the husband notices cause they don't usually notice anything.

@teresaw1020 I have a question on the no sugar thing If you put no that means you had sugar or no sugar because I was reading it as No sugar........ and if you put YES that means you achieved your goal. Are you confused now?

@reneagry You made me laugh with your May suck comment. So June's goals look good and that 150 is within reach.

@shexio Great job on getting to your goal weight. That's quite the achievement. I agree for me tracking is the key. I like my carb cycling plan because I can enjoy foods I like as long as I plan them

@its_cleo I'm so glad you are enjoying your bike. Isn't Lindt chocolate the best.

I switched back from maintenance to weight loss mode. May was a success as far as maintenance went.

Red Day: Stayed OP 100/100 gm Joyful Movement: Free Day

June goals: Green Dot day o:) 4.5 glasses of water :| 100 cals via movement
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@its_cleo, that is awesome that you are enjoying your bike and you are NOT getting old because you need to take some Vitamin D. :grin: Do you like being able to get out and go to stores? I love it but I HATE the mask. It fogs my glasses. Today, I’m going to get some anti-fog spray and see if that will help.

@theslightedgeforever, haha yeah I can see where that could be confusing. When I say no I mean that I didn’t eat any sugar. I will try to be more clear. Good job on maintaining in May. Do you have a target goal for your June weight loss?

Good morning everyone! Well, yesterday I completed my first ever 24-hour fast! The woman leading the 40-day challenge that I’m in issued the challenged and I accepted. I really didn’t think I would be able to do it but I did!! I did a great workout yesterday, which has resulted in my bicep and back muscles crying this morning. I also went to Aldis and Sams Club. The rest of the afternoon was spent doing my puzzle which is a great distraction. Today, I’m doing a leg workout, going to Walmart, and then coming home to try out my new vacuum that just arrived last evening. We have a canister vac and I HATE it, so DH finally relented to my complaining and let me order an upright. You know you live an exciting life when you are looking forward to vacuuming your floors. :D

June Goal: 6/1

1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 24 hrs. 18 min
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) LIIFT4 bicep/back + core
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking Nothing!
    4. Track all my points and don't go over my weeklies 26 points
    5. 96.oz of plain water 130 oz.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    Good morning everyone! I slept so-so last night, even with a sleeping pill: 7 hrs 23 mins. :( Better than I have been. Yesterday, I decided to go walking at a community lake that is near me (about 13 minutes drive). It has a nice walking path around it and there are a lot of people jogging and walking so I feel safe to be alone. It was really relaxing and I'm going back today. Here's a picture of the lake I walked around.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! I hope I do awesome. I hope we all do awesome! <3 Wow, a 24 hour fast...you are brave, girlfriend! lol Good luck! Okay, I see you checked in again and you completed it, wow I'm impressed!!! If you can do that, you can do anything friend! Enjoy the new vacuum. Hey, it's the little things. ;)

@renaegry good goals.

@Shexio Tracking works! Congratulations! Yes, tracking is key for me, too. That's great that you've been able to still eat your favorite foods, that's how you know it's a lifestyle change and not a diet and it's going to work for you longterm. Well done! :)

@its_cleo Thanks. Yeah, I haven't quite "perfected" the exercise or water goal yet, so I thought I'd leave them on. ;) That's great that you are using your bike. That's interesting about Vitamin D.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah I've never had that happen before so it was cause for alarm. It seems to have gone away, maybe it was overuse from the long walk? Unfortunately, my husband notices EVERYTHING. If I wear a new pair of earrings, "Are those new?" I mean, if I have a dot on my leg, he'd notice it. :D Congrats on a successful May!!! I hope June is successful for you, too.

COMMITTED.
    June goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 52 oz of water per day

msc75wv6dhvr.jpg
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Thanks ladies.

Its 3pm and I'm already on my 4th bottle of water... Likely I can get in 2 more of these before 10pm.
    There's some sun shining on the deck, may try to get a tan soon.

@TeresaW1020 = Great job on the fast! Woot wooT. what an accomplishment.
  • TeresaW1020
    edited June 2020
    @trooworld, getting over 7 hours of sleep is good, and getting fresh air and exercise should totally help. :)

@Shexio, thanks! Good job on drinking your water. I have really tried to up my intake and find it helps if I start first thing in the morning and drink it like it's my job. :smile:

Good morning! Well, the scale was down the lowest it's been since the first week in March. I finally have turned the corner and am back on the right track. Today, I'm going to try for another long fast today. The goal is 22 hours but if I can do 24 then I'm going to make it happen. Tonight we are having grilled country-style pork ribs, grilled zucchini, and pasta salad. So, having that to look forward to might help. Make it a good day! <3

June Goal: 6/2
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 18 hrs. 32 min
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Barre Lean Legs
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/No snack
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 32 points, yes blue dot
    5. 96.oz of plain water 120 oz.

• trooworld
    Hello all. Well, I went to the lake again yesterday and I walked twice as far as the day before. It was really nice. I also attended a virtual talk hosted by Creative Mornings. It was on this woman's trip to Kenya to become a yoga teacher and the meaning of Ubuntu, which is an African saying. It basically means, "I am, because we are." It's really beautiful, don't you think? In other news, my director called me last night and told me that I am going to be called back to work at the end of the month! It's only going to be part-time at first, but I'm thrilled beyond words. I was so worried I'd lose my job. So I have about 25 days to get as much weight off as possible and to cement my good habits! :)

@Shexio That's a fantastic amount of water!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah. I am hoping the QUALITY of my sleep improves. I'm still getting up every 30-60 minutes for the first 4 hours of sleep. :( Good luck with your fast, that does sound like a delicious dinner to look forward to! :)

COMMITTED.
    June goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • Shexio
    Currently here is my water schedule

I make sure I have a complete bottle of water finished by 7am (end of my workout)

Another by 11 am

Another by 1pm

Another by the end of work 4:30pm

And one before 7pm

I’m guessing my bottle is 24oz
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I don't do monthly weight loss goals because I don't believe I can control fluctuations because of sodium, hormones, etc. I can control my habits though. I will think about what would be a good habit goal for June. Congrats on your 24 hr fast. I love uprights versus canisters. I'm one of those that likes to make the lines on the carpets. :D Also one who would yell at the kids for walking on the carpet messing up the lines. Not my finest moment as a parent back in the day. I'll be better for my grandkids if I ever get any. Great job on your goals. Yaaay for turning a corner. Disable the reverse gear.

@trooworld I love walking around lakes. Good job for getting in some exercise. I'm like your hubby. I notice everything. My family calls me laser eyes. Loved that Ubuntu phrase. Sounded very relaxing. I was thinking after replying to your first post what is going to happen to your exercise after you return to work. And here you are talking about it in your second. How far are you from your ideal goal weight? I can't get my fitbit to track my sleep. It just stopped doing that one day.

@shexio Great job on your water. Your smashing this journey. I hope you are wearing sunscreen. I used to live for my tans when I was younger and a couple of years ago was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma on my nose. They removed it but it has caused slight disfigurement to my nose. Which is the first thing I see when I look in a mirror.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, like you, I will be going back to work at the end of the month once we start having church again, which is why I want to get some of this weight off. I have a closet full of X-lg T-shirts that I want to wear to work and of course, I want to look cute when I go to church! :grin: So, we have great targets to focus our goals on. Let’s make it happen! B)

@theslightedgeforever, Yeah I get you about not doing monthly weight loss goals. I did my floors yesterday and I LOVE my new vac! The head of it swivels so it’s so easy to use and get in corners. Yes, I really do feel like I’ve turned the corner but I haven’t gotten very far and you are right that it would be super easy to hit reverse. I can’t let that happen!! ;)

Good morning! My staff meeting got moved up an hour later so I have a little time to write. We have a ton of things to talk about today and then I have to do our monthly newsletter, so it will be a long day for sure. Today is my rest day from working out and I need it since I’ve really tried to push all this week. I’m sticking to my goals today! :)

June Goals: 6/3
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 21 hrs. 2 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Barre Total Body Cardio
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 35 points
    5. 96.oz of plain water 125 oz.

• trooworld
    @Shexio I do a similar schedule but I stop at 4pm.

@theslightedgeforever Honestly, what I think is going to happen when I go back to work is that I'm only going to exercise on the weekends. The commute sucks the energy out of me and leaves me with nothing during the week. That's what I anticipate. But we'll see. Well, I think my "ideal" goal weight is 155 so if that is the case, I'm about 76 lbs away. But I may get to 175 and say I'm good, I don't know. That's a bummer about your FitBit.

@TeresaW1020 Yes yes yes! I want to look cute in my work clothes, too! Let's do this! ;) You did great yesterday, WTG!

COMMITTED.
  • Shexio
    @theslightedgeforever I just bought a hat. We have sunscreen, I should use it .... in South Dakota I didn’t feel we needed to. Here, I should since it’s much more sunny daily . You make a valid point.
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! I guess I must be early lol. I went grocery shopping yesterday and was quite annoyed, it took me almost 3 hours because I had to go to 3 different stores. The first store I went to (Target) didn't have what I needed and I spent quite a bit of time looking around for the things I needed there. Then I drove 15 mins completely in the opposite direction to the Asian market. Then ping-ponged back to my area of town to get produce. And then I had so many groceries, I couldn't carry all of them from my car to the condo by myself in one trip (it's a long walk too), so I had to make two trips. I was so annoyed. Once I got it all inside the condo, I had a hard time fitting everything in the refrigerator. Now, every time I am going to need something out of the fridge, it's going to be a nightmare getting it because the fridge is so packed. :( In more positive thinking, I'm going to the lake to walk this morning. This will give me three days of exercise this week. :)

@theslightedgeforever Do we need to send out the hounds for @cbabie? I'm worried about her.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Good morning! I said I would keep myself accountable this month by posting my daily goals so here is yesterday. I plan to stick pretty much on target this weekend but will be having a planned indulgence this evening with dinner and some wine. I want to see that I can have an indulgent meal and a glass...three of wine and balance that by working my goals the rest of the time. The proof will be my Monday weigh-in. This week I lost .8 lbs. :grin:

June Goals: 6/4
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 19 hrs. 23 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Rest Day
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 30 points
    5. 120.oz of plain water 125 oz.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I love when appts get either cancelled or postponed a bit. It's like finding free time. Another two good days for you. Woohoo on the weight loss. Balance is the key. Soon you will be back to church potlucks and have to factor that in too. But that's our lifestyle.

@trooworld Too bad you couldn't find a nice indoor place to walk like a mall close to your work. Or outdoor place if the weather is nice. Then you could commute to work, go walk three days a week for 30 minutes, commute home. I used to do that when I worked. Cause once I hit the door I did not want to move. I have an ideal weight goal of 135ish and I'm about 46 or so away. I'll determine that number when it gets closer. It will be decided by my body. I'll either have to drop calories more or burn more calories than I want to. But I'm far away from that off ramp so for now I'm going to worry about today. :) You've been doing so well that just think you will already look better than those other people in your office who gained Corona 15. That's why I used to hate grocery shopping. Plus hate going to more than one store. So look how many steps you must have logged during that time. That's the upside. You got in some free movement right there. I'll send cbabie a nudge and see where she's at.

@shexio I was one of those people who hadn't tanned in 30 years. Mostly stayed indoors. Just riding in the car or going out for the occasional walk or running errands and thought it's just a short time I don't need sunscreen. It's not like I'm laying out for hours or back in the tanning beds which I only did 2 years of that. But somehow I got it anyway and I had another one removed and tested but it came back benign. So now I just tell everyone my story. I never liked my nose before and now I really don't like it.

Yellow Day- Went over 167/164 Joyful Movement Nada.

June goals: Green dot day :( 4/5 Drink 4.5 glasses of water :( 0/5 Burn 100 cals through movement :( 1/5

I think I will do weekly goals instead of monthly. Cause I know myself. If I say monthly, then I will say well I still have time to make it up.

• trooworld
    Good morning everyone! I weighed in this morning and was quite disappointed by my weigh-in. Although I am down, I am only down -0.2 lbs. :( I was expecting a much bigger loss. The .2 is a slap in the face lol. But I guess it wasn't a gain. I have a goal to reach man, I'm not going to get to 20 lbs down by the end of the month by losing .2 lbs a week!!! (I'm trying to have lost a total of 20 lbs by the time I go back to work at the end of the month)

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss! Yes, you can have indulgences and still lose weight, just don't have them too close to weigh-in day! lol

@theslightedgeforever Unfortunately, I have to pick up my husband right after work. We share the car and he's waiting for me to pick him up. But I can walk on my breaks around my work campus. That's how I feel about my ideal weight. Yeah, I usually only go to 2 stores but I made the mistake of trying to go to Walmart instead of Vons. I hadn't been to Walmart since the beginning of the pandemic. Big mistake. There was a line wrapping halfway around the building. No thank you. That threw me off. Thanks for nudging cbabie. I'm concerned about her. Weekly goals are a good idea. Good luck!

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, I know you are disappointed by the weigh-in. I don't know how many times I had a great week and thought the scale would be way down only to have it not budge or even go up. You have been doing great and getting out and doing extra walking, so maybe your body is just readjusting and you will have a good drop next week.

@theslightedgeforever, yes balance is key and last night I completely forgot that. See my below.

Good morning! Well, last night I did a very stupid thing. DH had bought a big bottle of wine and I ended up drinking most of it. :s I don't drink often anymore and when I do it's usually only one or two glasses max. So, this morning I am dying. I had to eat something so no fasting today. I took a shower and that was about all the exercise I can manage. Feel free to laugh at me. I do promise that this will NOT happen again. OK, typing this was exhausting. I'm going to lay down. :/

June Goals: 6/5
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 19 hrs. 23 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Barre Cardio
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 50+ points, no blue dot

• theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2020
    @trooworld Weigh ins can be disappointing but just think you may get a bigger loss than you expect next week if you keep following the plan. It's all about the plan versus the scale. It's the negative thinking about our weigh ins that get us in trouble. We start thinking I did all this hard work and only got 0.2? I've actually proven twice that I lose more weight long term eating junk food along with healthy food than strictly eating healthy food. It's so weird. That's why I think scale is not always the way to go because that junk food is really not good for me versus the vitamins and minerals in the healthy food. Just keep working hard and you will reach that 20.

@teresaw1020 It's all learning experiences. What do you think led up to refilling your glass after the first two? What were your thoughts? The more I read I'm convinced it's all about our thoughts. Cause those turn into our feelings then actions. But give yourself credit for the other three goals that you did succeed at.

Green Day- Stayed OP 182/238 Joyful Movement-none

June goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water :( Burn 100 cals via movement :(

I'm trying to figure out why I'm so resistant to the movement and water. There's more behind the curtain.
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever, yes you are right that it's all in the thoughts. The wine DH bought was so good and it was one of those big bottles so I had the perfect excuse to toss out any self-moderating and let my willful self take over. And yes, I should and do know better. So, back on track today and determined to undo the damage it did to my weight. Now, let's talk about why you don't love water and movement? Tear that curtain down, girl!! :grin:

June Goals: 6/6 :s
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. no fasting
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) rest day
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/yes snack
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 36 points, no blue dot
    5. 120.oz of plain water 100 oz.
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! I did not have such a good night last night. Well, I had a FUN day but it was not so good for my health. I overdid it on sushi for lunch and then last night, my husband and I stayed up late playing a board game and we ordered pizza and loaded tater tots. :( BUT...I tracked everything and I'm not in the negative. So I guess I will call that a night of indulgences! :)

@TeresaW1020 I hope so. The disappointment may have played a part in me letting loose yesterday! I will not laugh at you. I've done that and felt miserable. Have something with potatoes in it. ;) Poor girl!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! I may have shot myself in the foot with my behavior yesterday. A little indulging is fine, but it was like ancient Rome up in here yesterday! The only thing I didn't do was have dessert. What if you took away your goals for a few days? Didn't have any goals. And just let the chips where they lay so to speak. Sometimes I find that there is a lot of pressure on myself when I make goals and when I take them away, suddenly there is no pressure and I feel like doing whatever it is I intended on doing.

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2020
    @teresaw1020 I'm reading in my 100 day book now about "should" and "I have to". Should invites depression. The more you use the word the deeper the depression will be. Have to is more about being overwhelmed. But then rebellion steps in because darn it you are an adult and can do what you want to do now. Which leads to procrastination and or just not doing it. So it talks about using the word 'choose to'. OK for me water has always been a problem. See right there. Self fulfilling prophecy. (I'm learning to throw up the red flag when I catch myself in a thought which is prescriptive. My thirst indicator appears to be broken. So I don't get thirsty like everyone else. I've tried all the various tips and tricks. Use fruit. Have a special water bottle. I even have Drink water alarms that go off on my fitbit at intervals. Basically I just look at them and go hm..... If I drink too much (like 2 glasses) at a time, it starts to back up on me and I get nauseous and a little back drainage. So thin sipping would be the answer but then I can be at a restaurant with my family and sitting there with my diet coke and they will have at least 3 full glasses and I will finish about 1/2 of mine. Waitresses will always come up and say You still working on that? So it's not just water. It takes me about an hour or so to finish a cup of tea. I just have to keep nuking it to make it hot. I know the possibility is there because when I had to do a colonoscopy I drank all that liquid but I did keep puking too. :D But I got it down. Or up as the case went. Movement: I used to be really good about going to the gym and movement and couldn't get my food thing right. Now I'm pretty good about the food but not so much on the movement. Part of it I know is time-based. I was doing very well with my walking club but then along came corona. It's having other people in the house that messes with me. So I sat with my calendar today and I think figured out a good time slot.

@trooworld You made it work. You stayed above the red line. So now that you have indulged time for some healthy food. Imagine if one day we can say Oh I indulged today on some healthy fruit or veggies. I just ate way too much. I had potatoes today. lol When you said like ancient Rome, my inner brat started yelling Toga Toga Toga. See what I have to deal with. Do you weigh yourself or are you back at WW and they weigh you?

Green Day-Stayed OP 196/238 Movement: Rest Day

June goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water :| Burn 100 via movement