Just for Today

Every day is a good day to keep focused on my goals. These are my goals, not anyone else’s. My goal is to have good health habits. I try to focus every day on healthy eating to lose weight. I’m glad for each successful day. One good day builds success for another good day. Each day builds on the next. I make a goal every hour sometimes, but I believe if I stay true to my goals I will be successful.

Replies

• mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Today I felt grace for being on MFP. Every time I feel this way I know I had a great day.
  • mssue18
    Today is going well. I can’t complain.
  • mssue18
    It was a night to cook. I felt motivated. Cooking healthy food is very important and I was happy to cook a creative meal. I made lentil stew with onions, celery, carrots, lentils and kale. It was tasty and satisfying. Glad I cooked today!
  • mssue18
    mssue18 wrote: »
    Every day is a good day to keep focused on my goals. These are my goals, not anyone else’s. My goal is to have good health habits. I try to focus every day on healthy eating to lose weight. I’m glad for each successful day. One good day builds success for another good day. Each day builds on the next. I make a goal every hour sometimes, but I believe if I stay true to my goals I will be successful.

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    I am in a group called LARGER LOSERS. Within that group is a thread called: Today's Goals - What are yours?
    This is the first thread I go to each morning. It focus's my mindset on my MFP goals and the tasks I've set for myself for that day. Check it out and join in if you wish to do so.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • mssue18
    Just for today I completely relaxed. I read, sat outside and read some more. The day was beautiful. Glad to be alive!
  • mssue18
    I feel like I should be doing more. Like this won’t work if I do what I’ve been doing. That’s not rational because what I’ve been doing has been working. I think I need to be kind to myself and know I’ve been doing great and it will work!
  • mssue18
    Let me be kind to myself today.
  • mssue18
    Just for today I want to stay positive and focused on changing my eating habits.
  • mssue18
    Tonight I’m feeling hungry but have no more calories left for the day. I’m glad I stayed within my calorie goal for the day and plan to not eat more tonight. That makes me feel good.
  • mssue18
    Be busy but take it slow with no pressure. That was what today was about.
  • mssue18
    Today I realized I won’t fail. I am strong to be able to lose weight. I do this one day at a time. I keep working on healthy eating at a calorie deficit so I lose weight. I keep working on exercising. It’s all good.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Today I am a success! I am amazing. I matter. What I want is important. My dreams matter
  • mssue18
    Today I am striving. I am productive. I am competent and successful. I am moving forward.
  • Just for today, I will be comfortable in feeling my emotions and I won't stuff them down with food. I will repeat positive affirmations to myself: I am safe, it is safe to feel. My feelings are normal and acceptable.
  • mssue18
    I need to accept my process. I need to love that I am enough. I need to positively encourage myself. I need to allow myself to feel calm.
  • mssue18
    Just for today I will accept my progress as very significant. I mattered enough to myself to lose over 10 lbs. and I’m really just starting on this beautiful journey. I’ve been at it my whole life and it still is new and interesting and exciting. Like I’m just beginning every day. I’m looking forward to my continued success in meeting my goals!
  • mssue18
    Today I am focusing on the values that matter to me such as being kind to myself. I’m also focusing who is in my life like coworkers and neighbors. What can I learn from people who have different backgrounds and eat different foods and all want to lose weight. Just for today I will count my blessings.
  • mssue18
    Today I realized that I can manage stress by doing things I enjoy even if I only have a little bit of time. I watched a movie this afternoon for 1 1/2 hrs. I decided I would use that time to take a break and fit in a movie. It was so worth it. I just paused my chores and stopped the stress. The movie was good too!
  • mssue18
    Today I’m aware of just how much patience I need to keep trying to lose weight. It’s such hard consistent work. It pays off even if I don’t lose anything for weeks. It just takes so long to just stay the same even as I work on losing. I want to see results, but I plan to stay the course however long it takes to reach my goals.