Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @cesse47 - Yes! My balance is bad, and I sprained my ankle a few months ago. So this is to improve strength and balance. I have some ankle weights, but I actually wrap them around the ball of my foot and then use my ankle to lift them, and do circles with my ankles. It's also helpful to do one-legged yoga poses, like tree or crane, or if you're feeling really ambitious, Warrior 3! That also helps to build strength.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap W 6/3 ~ rest day since working at office
    1) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (3 floors today) = Gorgeous day so walked 1 mile during lunch break. Fitbit 12,677 / 250+ 14/14 boom! / 42 floors :smiley:
    2) Brought lunch & snacks to work / supper will be leftovers / net calories green / 14c water = Early evening, tired & feeling a little down, snacked on peanut M&Ms, way too many. Logged best guess. Net cals -337 :( sodium green :mrgreen: sugar -65 >:) fiber excellent :smiley: protein low :( 15c water :smiley:
    3) Work at office / complete online HIPAA training & print certificate for manager's In basket / complete checklist of things in office / organize papers & electronics for work from home R / drop off mail at PO on way home = 5X :)
    4) One home chore (maybe more boxes?) = Took M&Ms container to basement pantry & decided to tackle just a few boxes. Must've had a sugar rush b/c 1.5 hours later, lots more boxes done & even started the reorganization phase. Very happy me :mrgreen:
    5) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley:

JFT R 6/4
    1) Walk dog = 4.82 mi 1:23:08 & visited w/ Kim & Bogie B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor)
    3) Net calories green / 14c water
    4) Work from home / submit daily & weekly updates since F is PTO
    5) Enjoy hubby being at home in evening
    6) One home chore
    7) Floss / retainers

Back to working from home again, but after hectic day yesterday in the office, I won't be working much.

Hubby home through weekend. He realized with new contractor he works for that sick days are capped, and every single co-worker has used sick days but him. (That's how he found out re the cap; his hours on his pay sheet stopped increasing but no one else's did, because they never reached the limit.) He's taking two mental health days today & tomorrow. We'll hopefully get a few things done around the house/yard, but also take some time off and just enjoy.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / started to reorg in basement June
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
    Thursday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill, weigh, pets, pill😀
    2. On call by 0658😀
    3. Breakfast: yogurt + Kashi. 😀Set intention👿—just rushed and ate
    4. Weights workout during 0900 call😀
    5. Walk during first part of 1000 call😀
    6. Lunch = salad + left over shawarma. 😀Set intention. 👿—just rushed and ate
    7. Dinner = left over sausage + cauliflower. 😀Set intention. 🤨—didn’t do the breathing, but thought through what I was eating and why. Same with the snack/treat I had later.
    8. Upstairs by 9😀
    9. Layout clothes😀
    10. Journal😀
    11. Meditate😀
    12. Lights out 9:45👿—but I get to sleep in an extra hour so not so bad

Good day for self efficacy, even if it was a temper-provoking day work-wise. Got in my weights, my walk. Oops...forgot yoga! Add that to my Friday task list! I ate as planned, stayed green. Setting intentions is working especially around snacks—getting my head into the right place. And so far paying off on the scale—it’s finally moving again! Getting to bed a little late, but at least my first meeting is an hour later than usual.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Friday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0700, pill, weigh, pets, pill
    2. On video 0758
    3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
    4. Lunch = “tv dinner”
    5. Workout at 3pm—arms, walk, yoga
    6. Dinner = salad + left over sausage
    7. Make salads for Saturday and Sunday
    8. Meal plan
    9. Make grocery list
    10. Journal
    11. Meditate
    12. Lights out by 10:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
    One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating.
    1, 2, 3, 4
    🧘🧘🧘🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for a job and management I trust.

WOTY: Habits
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    JFT - Thursday
    15k steps👍
    7hrs sleep👍
    Log everything 👍
    Stay within calorie target👍had to walk around the block for a few laps late evening to make it!
    Online Yoga👍

JFT - Friday
    15k steps
    Log everything
    Stay within calorie target
    Run after work

@Snowflake1968 , I’m totally with you on the gym membership - I never went after joining with such good intentions. The difference with the one I’m with now is that it’s just a small studio that does classes. When I walked into a room full of lovely ladies of all ages, sizes and levels of fitness I knew it was for me! I’ve always felt comfortable there as everyone just does their best. Have you find online classes that you like? I always loved yoga with Adrienne on YouTube!

@cesse47 I’m not sure about fat burning - a bit scientific for me 🤪- but I noticed being stronger much quicker with kettlebells than anything else I’ve done. Feeling stronger completely changed the way I feel about my body. Do you do dumbbell routines? I haven’t done many to compare and my dumbbells are a lot lighter than my kettlebell!

I hope everyone has a great day today x

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 5 June

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Yesterday was emotionally challenging and I was very tempted to have a large alcoholic drink; I talked myself out of it recognising that was not going to change the situation and would put me into the red. Things are not about to get better so I need to use other techniques to manage. Today’s reward was a drop in scale weight :)

Thinking of you all as you set your goals for a healthy lifestyle. It’s certainly hard to stick with and it’s worth recognising each success.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 5 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit goals

Complete home delivery shopping order and plan meals for the week
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    @jenwalkingfurther I just started with hand held weights - 3 lbs. I'd like my arms to get stronger. Perhaps down the road I'll graduate to kettlebell. Or, if we ever open back up for classes, maybe try a class. I've been in lockdown for 3 months and have only recently ventured out. I'm really ready for some adult interaction!! And, I'd like to get more physically active.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    @pridesabtch

A big CONGRATS!! on your mainstream Peleton ride! I know you've been working hard to get through with no mods or breaks. WTG!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Good morning! Happy Friday! So many good posts but I didn't take notes to reply. I should have! I'll just say good job to those of you with such successful wins! Hugs to those who need them!

I'm interested in the strength training, weights vs kettlebell, conversation. I have never done strength training and I know I need to incorporate some type of strength training into my routine. I have a tendency to jump in with both feet and then hurt myself and stop altogether, so I will have to do some research on starting out with something small and sustainable. Anyone have suggestions as to how to start out small so as to not hurt myself?

I spent yesterday downstairs sewing masks for my granddaughters who need them for work. I listened to podcasts while down there, instead of watching TV. No news stations. Just inspirational weight loss or spiritual mindful podcasts. It helped my psyche tremendously. Was a really nice quiet day without all the negativity.

Yesterday, I did successfully eat mindfully, making good choices. I didn't get 30 minutes of activity in, but I did manage to focus on calming my mind/spirit and that actually was my main goal for the day. So I consider yesterday as a win. :flowerforyou:

Just for Today/Friday:
    Body:
    • Preplan food / prelog food / stay in green / close diary
    • H20 - 75 oz
    • Activity: 30 minutes cardio / research and try strength training / lymphedema massage/stretches

Mind:
    • Chair Yoga for mindfulness / Podcasts (PnP, HSM)
    • Spend time sewing / read mystery / Calm app / food prep / declutter [PICK SOMETHING!]
    • Spend time thinking about morning routine and put into motion.
    • Spend time thinking about evening routine and put into place.
    • Gratitude Journal / Readings from SA and DO

Spirit:
    • Podcast (JM, find one more)
    • Begin reading Bible again. Not sure why I stopped this. My whole routine changed with COVID shutdown and work furlough.
    • Spend time chatting with God.

Gratitude: Today I am grateful for spring flowers in my yard, and thankful for the gift of sight to see them.

WOTY 2020: Persistence
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    @cesse47 Thank you for the suggestions! I'll check them out! :smile:
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Hey guys! I would say good morning but it's actually 3:30 here. Lol. I'm having such a hard time actually sticking to any kind of routine, including coming on here every day. I know that I need to figure out some way of doing it because I definitely need it. I'm out of work until September as all of our schools in the state are closed for this last month. Our school year ends at the end of June here. We've been closed since mid-March I think. I've been out of work since Feb 14 due to my surgery and recovery time. By the time school starts up again I'll have been out of work for 7 months. Thank the Lord for unemployment and disability.

Matt was tested for Corona the other day because he's been having a hard time breathing the last few days and has a bad sore throat. The test came back negative today. I'm thinking it's just allergies but he wanted to be sure. His breathing seems to have evened out but that might also be because he hasn't done much the last few days. I guess we'll find out tomorrow when he goes back to work. The store's tentative reopen date is June 15th. We'll see how that goes. A part of me hopes that it does reopen soon but another scared part of me hopes that it doesn't. Matt's really bored at home though and needs something to stimulate him like work does.

It's really too late to make any true goals so I think mine will be really easy for the rest of the day. Matt wants pizza for dinner so maybe I'll keep it food-related. Lol

JFT, 6/5/20

- 64oz of water
    - Only 2 glasses of wine(water beforehand)
    - Only 2 pieces of pizza(save the rest for tomorrow)
    - Bed before midnight

That'll be it for today.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
    Friday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0700, pill, weigh, pets, pill😀
    2. On video 0758😀
    3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi😀
    4. Lunch = “tv dinner”😀
    5. Workout at 3pm—arms, 😀walk,😀 yoga👿
    6. Soak the garden😀
    7. Dinner = salad 😀+ left over sausage😀
    8. Make salads for Saturday and Sunday😀
    9. Meal plan😀
    10. Make grocery list😀
    11. Journal😀
    12. Meditate👿
    13. Lights out by 10:45🤞

Today was a good day. Meetings didn’t start until 0800! I remember when I used to resent 9:00 meetings 😂. Was able to keep to my health goals—ate in the green, set intentions with almost every meal/snack, got in my weights, and went for a long walk with DH for almost an hour. Then I got my meal planning and grocery list written out...I feel pretty prepared for the week (once I actually shop and cook...!). Hope you are all planning/having a lovely weekend!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, pill
    2. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi. Set intention
    3. Long walk
    4. Buy lunch supplies
    5. Lunch = salad + TJ chicken. Set intention.
    6. Dinner = something from the freezer. Set intention.
    7. Journal
    8. Meditate
    9. Lights out 10:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
    One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating.
    1, 2, 3, 4,5
    🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the luck of circumstances that we have a boat to escape to on weekends for fresh air and doses of nature.

WOTY: Habits