Less Alcohol - JUNE 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    "WAVING"...nice to see you @whitpauly. Hope you are keeping busy being back to work. You have your streak going again. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Doxmum
    Doxmum Posts: 127 Member
    Ha! Ha! I love the quote!! :p
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    I am Dawn. Turning 60 in September.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I started on this thread November 28.18 - at that time I was having drinks every day. That first AF day was very hard! I vowed to have 1AF day per week to start, then progressed to 2AF days per week etc.
    My goal now (that is working for me) is 16-20 AF days per month. I have been keeping within that since last October. I am comfortable and happy with that goal.
    I have never ever been able to exceed 3 drinks or I throw up. There is moderation for you : - P

I log in here every day with a running calendar/journal of the month at a glance. It helps me.

Monday June 01.20 - AF
    Tuesday June 02.20 - AF - Very long, very stupid day, my first back working for a company that I loathe. This is why i always designated Tuesdays as my drinks days in the past. However, I am coming toward the end of a 100 day weight challenge thread, and that is my motivation to stay "dry" for at least the next 5 days. In the previous round of it I lost 1.7 pounds in 100 days. Hoping to lose 2 pounds this time. (I know, painfully slow, but better than gaining, and it really does get more difficult to lose weight with aging.)
    Wednesday June 03.20 - AF - Really wanted drinks after working hard in my yard. Didn't.
    Thursday June 04.20 - AF - Ditto to yesterday, really really wanted a couple of drinks. I hate being back to work, and thought a couple of drinks tonight would relax me. Hanging tough to hopefully lose another 0.02 pounds over the next few days.
    Friday June 05.20 - Having a couple of drinks. My last half hour digging and planting seeds was raining. I decided there and then that I would have a few drinks tonight. My weight was up 2 pounds today for no reason, so sacrificing having drinks really didn't appeal to me today. I have had my half a drink from my freezer lol, and have just poured a second. It is nice for me. Watching "Caribbean Life" on HGTV where they are always having yummy looking cocktails, and I am happy to not be white knuckling it resisting having some drinks today. All good : - )

4AF day out of 5 days so far.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    0 drinks/4 days...yesterday had my first June "challenge day". Son visited for first time in 6 months so he and his dad of course started drinking beers - for 6 hours!! - I had to challenge myself - should I run out and get a bottle of wine?- needless to say I didn't, and instead had 4 cranberry on ice (4 oz ea)- the most ever. The strangest thing is I woke up today feeling hungover!! Geez, I overdid the juice for the first time!

On a separate note, the way things are going in this country, I would VERY gladly become a Canadian citizen, get out of here and live happily ever after on a future small farm property on Vancouver Island.

I am finding the same situation, because we are now all semi socializing again people want to catch up on all the drinks they missed out on in the previous months. WOW.....maybe it was a sugar induced headache from the cran. πŸ˜