Non-Food Rewards and Celebrations

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
Lately I’ve been thinking about how food gets used as a reward (an indulgent meal at the end of a long day, and calorie splurge for a party or special event, etc). I think it’s ok for very special occasions - but it doesn’t work on a weekly or even more frequent basis.

Do you have any strategies for celebrations and self rewards that don’t involve calories or food?

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,268 Member
    I think I will treat myself to a movie in a theater when we can go back. I need new walking shoes too so that will be my 199 reward to myself.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,597 Member
    I reward myself by getting new cloths when I loose and my clothes dont fit.
  • MsAdventure19
    Great ideas - I love the movie idea, especially!
  • tmbg1
    I just rewarded myself with new workout shorts. If you ever order from Dick's online, they are quick!
  • aadaria
    aadaria Posts: 9 Member
    I reward myself with little indulgences that I don't like to pay for on the regular... chair massages, pedicures, eyebrow waxing. It's not working out so hot right now that we're under quarantine, but I'm so looking forward to my next pedi.
  • tmbg1
    Got new walking shoes today to treat my feet for allowing me to stick with my daily walks.
  • MsAdventure19
    Finally got a bicycle and got it working! (Mostly - the gears don’t work, but the brakes do and the pedals aren’t falling off anymore 😂). gzkg3j4ka70f.jpeg