100 pounds down today

all4yum
all4yum Posts: 43 Member
a32ml74isk03.jpg

There is 12 years between these photos. It has taken a long time and a lot of setbacks and I know I still have some ways to go. Probably another 55 pounds to get to under 25 bmi. However, even if I never get there, I am loving where I am, and that is important. The biggest thing has been learning to love myself NOW. Not when I weigh less, or meet my goal. I am beautiful now. And I was beautiful then. And I deserve this.

It took 12 years and I had 3 children, my first little baby died at 17 days old, the second I gained 30 pounds after pregnancy, and had to lose it again. My third I got hyperthyroidism while pregnant. And despite being hyperthyroid, (yes hyper), I gained 45 pounds after I gave birth. I had to lose that again too and have half my thyroid removed. It's been hard, and realistically I'm not very well at the moment. But despite it all. I've learned to love who I am, and never let my weight hold me back. Swimming, cycling, running, hiking, I'll do it all. The only thing that holds me back sometimes is my health issues.

Wherever you are now, love who you are. You are deserving of love, no matter how fat or thin you are.

Never give up believing that.

(Its taken some courage to post this)

Replies

• emmabrookes1
    emmabrookes1 Posts: 67 Member
    You totally rock <3 . What a fantastic achievement, and thank you so much for the beautiful message.
  • Casslose1
    Casslose1 Posts: 3 Member
    :)<3
  • Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    <3
  • debh1965
    debh1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for sharing, you are doing awesome, all the best for your future. <3
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    You've got this figured out, way to go. Thank you for sharing.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Hot d-mn!!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    You inspire this old lady with your persistence and bravery. Keep it up and thanks for sharing. <3
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    That's wonderful! So many good decisions, @all4yum.
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    Totally awesome!
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Amazing!!! Congrats!!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Thank you for sharing. Your story breathes life into my journey.
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Unstoppable!
  • tonygermano2
    tonygermano2 Posts: 31 Member
    that's great! Dont worry about where you need to be just yet. Celebrate where you have come from.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 329 Member
    You are doing such a good job. Weight loss is so psychological, and you are handling a lot of hurdles really well. I'm also a mom to three kids. And let me say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your baby. I wish you the very best going forward.
  • LanieLovinLivin
    LanieLovinLivin Posts: 2 Member
    Very inspirational!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • Anthem76
    Anthem76 Posts: 81 Member
    Great job on your incredible achievement! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry about the loss of your little son. Hugs.
  • jbuller4
    jbuller4 Posts: 15 Member
    all goals can be accomplished if you show resilience and a passion to succeed....
    Great for you!!!
  • melissatwill
    melissatwill Posts: 246 Member
    Congrats to you! It’s not about how quick you get there. Sounds like no matter what, you kept moving forward. You have so much to be proud of!!
  • Fizzysgirl
    Fizzysgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Fierce! Congratulations:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!