Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

vs girls in glasses (if needed, instead of contacts) and lip-gloss only, and au-natural (wild) hair?
    ...asking for a friend
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Guys/Girls

(if needed, instead of contacts) and lip-gloss only, and au-natural (wild) hair?
    ...asking for a friend

This plus "happy to see me" = win.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

vs girls in glasses (if needed, instead of contacts) and lip-gloss only, and au-natural (wild) hair?
    ...asking for a friend

If you want a long answer, it really depends on the person and situation.

Glasses are like clothes, pick what flatters you and you will always look great.

For makeup I think you will always look best within your skill level. A "natural" look looks best IMO. If you don't like alot of makeup or aren't very good at applying it more is definitely not better. Some people are quite skilled and can put on a decent bit of makeup and have mastered the necessary techniques so that its not obvious unless you think about it. If you haven't mastered technique I would definitely say go without over enduing up with a caked on or unnatural look.

I'm all for people going with what works best for them on a daily basis. There are some events where I really feel like you need to do the hair and makeup thing, black tie type events. But for most of us those are few and far between so its not outlandish to seek professional help if needed.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

...asking for a friend

both
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

...asking for a friend

This is a cop out, but both.

Because like, I like looking at people who do makeup and hair really well, because like all humans, pretty is nice to look at, and appreciation of skill is great. And if it's fun for you to do your makeup, go off!

But I LOVE girls without makeup and without their hair done. It makes me feel a sense of solidarity with them, as someone who rarely does full makeup and hair, because that is not high on my personal priority list. I think if women all went out one day, just one, without makeup or done hair, and everyone saw what everyone else really looks like, with bags and all, it would do a lot to forward the cause that women are held to too high a standard everywhere.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

...asking for a friend

One can be more attractive than the other in either case, but if we are talking about the same chik, two different ways...

I'd prefer the 2nd... No mask, all personality, what you see is what you get 😍
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited June 2020
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

...asking for a friend

Makeup can be a tricky topic seeing as sometimes, it is just fun to play around with colors and such. Yet, I only just got into makeup later in life (read as, in January...when I discovered false eyelashes and kind of got over my fear of mascara 😵).

I also own a ridiculous number of specs (all shapes, sizes and colors) and prefer my natural look mostly because, umm, that's what I look like.

Either way, he's gotta take it or leave it. 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

...asking for a friend

One can be more attractive than the other in either case, but if we are talking about the same chik, two different ways...

I'd prefer the 2nd... No mask, all personality, what you see is what you get 😍

You just love the womenz 😉

Yeah well I kinda like to think they love me back 😏
  • Vikka_V wrote: »
    Guys/Girls

Done up (make-up, hair)?

...asking for a friend

AM/PM
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Hey, guys or girls...bikini or one piece? Can a one piece be sexy or is one piece tan line unsexy? Bikini sexy even if theres some jiggle?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Hey, guys or girls...bikini or one piece? Can a one piece be sexy or is one piece tan line unsexy? Bikini sexy even if theres some jiggle?

less is more
  • PlentyofProtein00
    iMago wrote: »

less is more

😂nicely put
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I have no preference. I think it ultimately depends on the cut, the colors and the body type/distribution as to whether either would look good. Some ladies can rock a two piece even with the extra "jiggle".

I think two pieces tend to look nicer in general (more variety, cuts, etc.) than a one piece, though. Just personal observations so far, however. :)
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member

From personal experience, I've caught more gents eyeing me while wearing a one piece or even skin tight full sleeve rash guards. Make them use their imagination.

I LOVE high cut one pieces that show off the hips, and have seen many cute designs.

But, I hate one piece tanlines. The nudity afterwards is done better justice by living in bikinis, especially the cheeky ones 😉
  • PlentyofProtein00

I have no preference. I think it ultimately depends on the cut, the colors and the body type/distribution as to whether either would look good. Some ladies can rock a two piece even with the extra "jiggle".

I think two pieces tend to look nicer in general (more variety, cuts, etc.) than a one piece, though. Just personal observations so far, however. :)

From personal experience, I've caught more gents eyeing me while wearing a one piece or even skin tight full sleeve rash guards. Make them use their imagination.

I LOVE high cut one pieces that show off the hips, and have seen many cute designs.

But, I hate one piece tanlines. The nudity afterwards is done better justice by living in bikinis, especially the cheeky ones 😉

I agree with all this. I definitely prefer bikini tan lines as I think one piece tan make me look like a beached whale. Love the high cut one pieces nowadays.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member

Depends on the body. I've seen one piece suits cut to accentuate the waist that seem to give a nice hourglass shape, might be a desirable feature for less-than-hourglass ladies. I think the key is wearing a suit that fits properly. Looking like a stuffed sausage isn't flattering for anyone, one piece or two.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

I'm not a fan of tan lines, any which way - I like one tone skin, so if you're gonna tan - get naked, otherwise use sunscreen.

One pieces can definitely be sexy, just as bikinis can be frumpy.

I think in a lot of instances bikinis may be a bit more forgiving and flattering if you have a little "jiggle", its not trying to be "held in"
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member

Bikini and a smile.