40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm in! I hit 40 a couple of years ago and am glad to find this group.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Beta Rip’t Circuit”=Done
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    My gym finally opened up and I got to lift yesterday for the first time months, and it was GLORIOUS!

Then I woke up this morning and the DOMS were oh, so very real, and that too is GLORIOUS, just in a different way, lol. Boy, am I glad I had the wisdom to reduce the weights to 50% normal.

At my age, and given my current soreness level, I almost wonder if I am more excited about the prospect of the hot tub being available once again than I am about being able to lift lol.
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Beta Dynamic Core”=Done.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    Today is day seven of my diet! One week done and (at least) eleven more to go. I am doing well....I did have headaches for days 2- through 5- which I think might have been sugar withdrawal?!?

I don’t have a scale at home, so I am using tape measure - weekly.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Beta Core Cardio”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Changed things up today! "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Just Arms"!!!=Done!!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Lockdown (and my kids' snacks) has really had an effect, so now it's time to get back on track. Day 1 for me!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm mostly working out at home and then trying to get out to the park for a run 2-3x week if it's not too hot/muggy. I'm hoping to acclimate a little to the heat so I can keep this up. I usually just stop running all together over the summer and take up swimming laps, but the pool is not opening.
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Diamond Delts"!!!=Done!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Beta Core Speed & Upper Focus”=Done!
  • MommaGemz
    This certainly does not feel like a Friday! So, so, sooo busy and I need to stay on track. Most of the days' calories tracked - just one more meal to go. But I do have to get out for a walk because I have 7000 steps to get :o
  • Freetobeme5
    Freetobeme5 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm getting back into MFP to track my calories. I've been trying portion control but I haven't been successful. MFP will help me track macros and calories, the information will help me stay on the right track and hopefully reach my goals. I want to lose 30 lbs. Over the past two years, I've been neglecting my diet and contributed to injuries that I've sustained in my running. I was training for a marathon and on week 8 I suffered ankle injury. I've been taking it easy and trying barre workouts and it's a nice change of pace. From high impact to low impact. When I feel strong, I'll start running 4x a week, right now I'm doing slow easy runs 2x a week.

Feel free to add me, I need the support to keep going with MFP.

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    The bad news - Back to the gym but only intermittently since reopening. Need to get back on a regular workout schedule.

The good news - have still been losing weight slowly, so calories are under control. YAY!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Good day kids. The gym reopens on the 19th after 5 p.m... Needless to say my coach mentioned a ramp up program to get back on track. To avoid the crowds, I'll train during non peak hours. I learned a valuable lesson during this pandemic; get a bench and a few accessories in the event it rears its head again in the Fall as predicted.
  • MommaGemz
    @caramelgyrlk I'll guess that getting a little at home gear would be a wise idea. I heard that all the stores and Amazon sold out of weights and workout gear at the start of the quarantines. Might happen again if there is a second wave, or if you just find that you're gym feels too crowded. I look forward to hearing your experience of going back to the gym after it reopens!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm following Sydney Cummings on YouTube to keep up with strength. It's not the same as going to the gym and lifting heavy, but I can do it at home with what I have. I feel good, and like my body hasn't changed much. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when I get to go back to the gym...how hard lifting real weights will feel.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    Today is a lifting day. BOOM.

Yesterday was a full-on rest day....I did a 3.5 km walk in the morning, but really was fatigued yesterday. From work, from chores, all of it. I listened to my body and mostly laid on the couch once I got my work done.