NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited June 2020
    @trooworld, OK we have both had our indulgences and now it's a new week and time to refocus and make this an awesome week. I don't know about you but I have to become a little obsessed with my plan so that I don't go wandering off it. I have my goals set for this week. Did you? :)

@theslightedgeforever, great insights on the use of the words "should" and "I have to" and spot-on for me. Which is why I changed "cheat day" to "planned indulgence." Did you teach me that one? It really works for me. What doesn't work is "reckless abandonment" with a bottle of wine. :wink: Guzzling water has always been easy for me but I can understand why that isn't an option for you. I think all of this...food, water, exercise has to be thought of as part of our job. It has to become a non-negotiable in our lives. And yeah, that starts with us choosing to do the work needed. Easier said than done right? :#

Good morning! Well, I feel much better this morning and my weight was back down to where it was on Friday. So, now I have four days until I need to weigh-in and see a loss. I'm choosing (see what I did there ;) ) to make it happen!! Today, I'm going to transplant some new plants into their pots, make a grocery list for tomorrow, clean house, and workout. I am also going to try to fast for as long as possible. I really think that is a key component for me. :)

June Goals: 6/7
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 18 hrs. 21 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) rest day
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/no snack
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 29 pts. yes blue dot
    5. 120.oz of plain water 130 oz.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hello friends! By the end of today, I will be 1 point away from being in the negative. We'll see if I end up being negative, hopefully, I won't. I'm going to go walking at the lake today so I will earn some FitPoints. Or maybe I will walk somewhere else.

@theslightedgeforever Can you put a water bottle by your bedside so you'll drink water when you first wake up? Make it a rule that you have to drink water before you get out of bed? At least you will get water first thing in the morning. Toga toga lol...I'm picturing that movie, Animal House (which I am sure you are, too)! ;) I am weighing myself on my home scale. WW is not open yet but they might be opening soon. They are opening select locations now, just not in my area.

@TeresaW1020 Well, my goals are to lose somewhere between .5-2 lbs, drink more water, track everything, and exercise 3 times this week. Other than that, I'm pretty loosy goosy with my goals. I'm glad you are back with laser focus and that fasting works so well for you.

COMMITTED.
    June goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2020
    @teresaw1020 I might have mentioned the planned but not the indulgence part. Although I talk alot so it's entirely possible. Do you have an exact definition for 'Planned indulgence'. Is there a range you don't want to go over? We know not a whole big bottle of wine. lol Although two small bottles would count as the same thing. I know all the ways my mind works to justify what I do. I agree with you 100%. Just have to find a way to make it work or live with the nausea.

@trooworld You lost at me at the word rule. I could think of another word though. I did meet the goal though today. Do you have to report your weight to WW during this time or is everyone just self weighing. I wondered about weighing every 2 weeks if the scale gets you down. How is the sleep goal coming along? I'm glad you are enjoying your walks.

Your thoughts drive your choices.
    Your choices, repeated, form your habits.
    Your habits create your results.
    Your results inform your beliefs

Then your beliefs generate more of the same thoughts which control your choices and so forth.

Benton, Elizabeth . Chasing Cupcakes

Yellow Day-Stayed OP 159/164 gm Intentional movement: 30 min BeFit videos

June goals: Green Dot Day o:) Water 4.5 glasses o:) Movement: o:)
  • theslightedgeforever
    oekqlq66ituj.jpeg
  • trooworld
    Good morning friends! I went for a walk in one of my favorite neighborhoods yesterday. It's a bustling neighborhood, it's the LQBTQ section of town and is filled with nightlife and good restaurants and coffee shops. It also has a lot of parks. I parked by a big park and decided my "goal" was to walk up to the main road and over to one of my favorite coffee shops where my reward would be to sit down for the very first time since the pandemic and have an iced coffee! I made it and was the only one in the coffeeshop lol. It was nice being out even though it didn't feel "normal" because nobody was out.

@theslightedgeforever Okay, how about could you just put a bottle of water by the bed and drink some when you woke up? :) That's great that you met your goal yesterday! Woo hoo you! I have to put my weight in the WW tracker. Everyone is doing that, if they choose to. Some people aren't weighing in and will face the music after the pandemic. :/ I weigh every week. Do you mean does it depress me? No, I don't think so. I look forward to it. Unless it's a bad result. My sleep: it's been bad. I took a sleeping pill last night and it was a little better (7 hr 9 mins, 1 hr 4 mins awake), but I've been averaging 6 hrs 30 minutes and trying to take a nap to make up for it. :( Yeah, I'm enjoying my walks. I'm trying to take advantage of this time while I have it!!!

COMMITTED.
    June goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever, my definition of “Planned Indulgence” is that when it’s over I feel no guilt. If I would have drunk one bottle of wine, which was my intent I would have taken the points and possible weight gain without guilt or anger over my actions. Drinking two bottles (which is what that big bottle was) not only left me feeling like death but guilting and totally mad at myself. Another good quote from Chasing Cupcakes and great graphic!! :)

Good morning! My grocery shopping is getting pushed to tomorrow so that I can go to work and help my children’s director get ready for our Awana awards. She has been finishing up this year online with the kids and Saturday we have a schedule drive-up for them to receive their awards. I’m really looking forward to seeing the kids again! I might go to lunch with her today but I will not be having a planned indulgence and instead will make the wisest choice I can. ;)

June Goals: 6/8
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 21 hours.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Barre Core/20 min treadmill
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 31 pts. yes blue dot
    5. 120.oz of plain water 128 oz.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld What a wonderful reward you set for yourself after your walk. I'm more the kind to sit and enjoy myself in an empty cafe with my drink and my Kindle. Preferably sitting outside watching traffic occasionally. Hubby says I can do that at home. :eye roll: It's the ambience for me. I was just having this discussion with my friend today over this subject. She didn't want to get on the treadmill but she has no problem going out for a walk and then sitting in a cafe with her hubby. Then walking back home. I did fill my water bottle to sit next to my bedside. You said: Do you mean does it depress me? No, I don't think so. I look forward to it. Unless it's a bad result. Which was my point. You were disappointed the other day with your 0.2 I think it was. That could have led to some "why bother" thinking during that day. I just didn't know if you weigh daily or not. Sleeping pills can be a slippery slope to go down. How does your body feel when you get a normal amount of sleep and by that I mean what your body needs versus someone saying you need 8 hrs. I think if everyone on Fitbit were asked, everyone would have awake hours in the middle of the night. For me and steps, "they" tell me I need 10000 steps a day. But I do better physically when I get 8000. Just keep working on it to see the best amount of sleep to feel alert and refreshed.

@teresaw1020 Have you talked to dh about not buying the big bottles? Usually the story is they were on sale and just couldn't pass it up. I'm not a wine drinker but can wine be transferred to different bottles without sacrificing flavor? I was just thinking of the example of smaller plates. I know that I will have the thoughts of I'll just finish the container of popcorn. But whether or not I order a small or medium still finish the container. Probably something to do with the starving kids in China. So it's best I order the small. Gosh, I haven't heard that phrase Awana awards for some time. My dad used to do that. Looks like a really good day for you. Woohoo

Red Day- Went over 146/100 Movement 30 minutes treadmill

June Goals: Green Dot Day :( Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 100 cals via movement o:)
  • trooworld
    Good morning friends! I did not have a good day yesterday. Not only was it so hot here yesterday: 92F at 4pm. :( I ended the day with a headache. I already feel one coming on today. I also didn't have a good eating day. My husband was home from work, working from home, and we picked up pasta from a restaurant in Little Italy. It ended up being terrible but I ate 1/2 of it anyway. I did track it. I fear for my weigh-in.

@TeresaW1020 That must have been a challenge, dealing with the kids over Zoom! How did lunch go? Were you able to make a wise choice?

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, it was a nice incentive. I knew I would walk further if I had that incentive. ;) No, I do not weigh daily for that very reason. I used to weigh daily but it messed with my head. I tried the "weigh daily and then average out over 7 days" but it still messed with my head. So, now I weigh only on Saturdays. I only take the sleeping pills occasionally, I really try not to take them. I know they can be addictive and I don't like that about them. It's been so long since I've had a "normal" amount of sleep, I don't recall! lol I need to get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep because I am bipolar (type II) and if I don't get good sleep, it could trigger a hypomanic phase. That's why I am trying so hard to get good sleep.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever, yes I talked to DH about buying the big bottle of wine. Actually, that was our first time having one that size. I did also say that maybe we should try again and I can practice some self-control. ;)

@trooworld, awe sorry that your day wasn't good yesterday. You still have today and tomorrow to stay on track. Lots of water, low-sodium foods and you should be fine. <3 Yes, my lunch went great and I managed to make a wise choice. We went to Jason's Deli and I had a turkey sandwich and baked chips. It was sad to see that they didn't have their salad bar up. I hope it's able to come back because that's my favorite thing there. :)

Hi everyone! Well, today was a big day for my mom in that she finally left the house and went to Walmart with me. It was good for her to get out of the house and go somewhere other than a doctor's appointment. I just finishing a LIIF4 workout where he killed my triceps today. It was a major struggle washing my hair and now I'm sitting here procrastinating having to go dry it. :D

June Goals: 6/9
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 18 hrs. 31 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Rest Day
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 38 pts. no blue dot
    5. 120.oz of plain water 120 oz.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey all, feels like it's been a while. This will sound terrible but I haven't been in to fitness lol.....My gym is still closed and I'm just tired and bored of the limited stuff I can do at home. So that is for strength training- I'm just tired of it without proper weights and a gym. I have been keeping up with cardio. I've been biking a lot, and I can walk about 2km twice a day now.

In spite of that I continue to gain weight, largely bc my calories are too high. So I know that but changing it just hasn't been a priority right now.

I'm trying a little harder to get back on track this week but we'll see how it goes. My weight is above the threshold I set for the pandemic so that is motivating me a bit more to at least get it back under the line.

I'm ok just focussed on other things. Got together last weekend for a couple hours with some friends. It was nice- hadn't seem them since the pandemic started. We went to a park and just visited.

I'm off work and it has been a nice break, I go back next week.

I biked 24 km today, that was my max. I'm slow I guess that took me about 2 hours...I can walk up and down one hill now and/or one staircase so the tendonitis is improving.

Take care all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Just a small speedbump. One mistake doesn't undo the good you have been doing lately. So what good choice will you make today? Incentives are great, right? I think as we age our sleeping patterns change. That's what I'm finding. I like to get good sleep because it might interfere with my choices. I was going to write that sentence another way and caught myself. But I'm still in control of my choices whether or not I get good sleep. It's just an excuse I use.

@teresaw1020 I'm glad your mom was able to get out of the house. I'm sure it was good for her psyche. You hit 4/5 goals. So another good day for you.

@its_cleo Well, then you aren't into strength training right now. You are still moving your body which is a good thing. I know I can eat more when I move my body which was always a big motivating factor for me. What if you just cut back on one small thing? Or maybe portion sizes? Are you tracking? You can go in and see what is causing you to have the most calories. My thing is I can still eat X just now as much as I want to right now. So nice you got out to see people. Plus the fresh air was good. I'm having a Zoom Jeopardy game tomorrow night. We are fiercely competitive. I can't wait to see them in person although I'd like to be thinner and have no corona roots. ;)

Yellow Day- Went over 188/164 Movement: 30 min YouTube cardio

June goals: Green Dot Day :( Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 100 cals of movement o:)

• trooworld
    Good morning friends! It was another hot one here yesterday. I did not do much due to the heat. I hope it cools down today but I have not seen the weather. I am getting an oil change today and getting groceries, so will be out in it.

@TeresaW1020 Yes to trying again with that big bottle of wine. ;) I do need to step up the water. I didn't do so good with the water yesterday, I did drink some but not enough. Great job at lunch! That's too bad about the salad bar but hopefully, after COVID, they will bring it back. That's great your mom got out of the house, that must have felt good. Girl, you are killing it with your workouts!!!

@its_cleo Nice to "see" you! Hopefully, your gym will open soon. In my town, the gyms are opening up tomorrow. I don't know that I would go (I don't have a membership to one anymore but if I did, I don't think I would). That's good you drew a line with your weight. That's the first step. I'm glad to hear you are riding your bike and your tendonitis is improving...maybe the break from the gym is what you needed for it to heal.

@theslightedgeforever Since I just saw this today, I'll answer for today. Today's good choices will include: pre-tracking the day, drinking at least 72 oz of water, and...??? I think that's it. I will also stick to what I pre-track. Incentives are great. I may make an incentive for all of this. Yes to as we age our sleeping patterns change, I'm not liking that. I see you did some YouTube exercise, WTG!

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld How many meals did you stick to your pre-tracked plans? That is a skill I need to practice again. I used to be so good at that.

Today I hit all three of my goals. Woohoo!

Green Day-Stayed OP 229/238 Intentional Movement 37 min YouTube cardio

June goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 100 cals via movement o:)
  • TeresaW1020
    @its_cleo, hey girl! Glad you checked in and you seem to be doing ok. Sure your not where you want to be but you know how to get back on track when your ready to. Is there any word on when your gym might be reopening? I honestly don’t see the issue with gyms. They are big and equipment could easily be sanitized after each use. That is great that you were able to hang out with some friends! :)

@trooworld, the weather is getting hot here too. I finally had to break out the self-tanner for my legs so I could wear my capris without blinding people. :D

Good morning! Sorry that I missed checking in yesterday. I was at my staff meeting for several hours and then came home to repot some new plants and then do some housework. This Sunday we are doing our first Livestream service from the sanctuary. They have been pre-taping on the back porch of my pastor’s house and then uploading for Sunday morning. But this week we are going Live!! And DH and I are going to be there to add support and bodies in the pews for pastor to have someone to preach to. DH is super excited. :grin My weight stayed the same this week, which was annoying but not surprising. I went back to lifting more heavy weights and my points have been higher than they should be on several days this week. At least it wasn’t a gain! ;) OK, I have to go get ready and drive my mom to a doctor’s appointment.

June Goals: 6/11 (I have stopped tracking water. I realized that it's not an issue for me because I always drink a lot and it's one less app to deal with.)

1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 18 hrs. 22 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) housework
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/yes snack
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 37 pts. no blue dot
  • trooworld
    Good morning friends! I got my oil changed and miracle of miracles, it did not take 2-3 hours that they said it would, it only took about an hour and 15 minutes. I was so relieved! Partially because I didn't want to sit in the waiting area because I was bored, but also because I was sitting in there looking around observing people and noticing that not everyone was wearing a mask (one of the workers at the accessories counter didn't even have one on! A guy in the area that works on the cars/picks up the cars had his mask under his nose so his nose was exposed. One of the customers didn't have her mask on.). I didn't feel very safe. I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Another thing: I'm worried about my weight this week because of that pasta etc so I did something I never do: I took a peek on the scale this morning. I'm up a pound. I'm hoping that if I drink enough water and behave, that pound will be gone tomorrow.

@theslightedgeforever Do you mean yesterday? All 3. Yay me! Congrats on hitting all three of your goals, you've been hitting some of your goals for a bit now. Do you think you are on an upswing?

@TeresaW1020 LOL...that's funny! ;) That's wonderful that they are going to Livestream from the church and you will be a part of it. Yeah, at least your weight didn't go up. I'm going to have the same kind of week!!!

COMMITTED.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all...I’m still here! Been kinda busy keeping gkids busy while dd works. Some days easier than others, lol. Guess I was worried for nothing..been here almost 3 weeks & didn’t make us sick, so guess they were being careful, too.

Took them fishing on Sunday & I stepped in a hole & sprained my ankle? It was really purple & still swollen, but not very painful to walk, so I hope that’s all that it is. I suppose if still swollen next week might have to get it checked, but trying to avoid Drs right now, lol.

@trooworld..we are having some of the heat, too..high 80’s. I kinda prefer 70’s. Hope your sleep improves. Your goals look great!

@TeresaW1020 I’ll bet you are getting anxious to get back to church. Ours started a few services to try things out, but as long as they are still streaming mass, I think we will keep doing that for awhile. One of the pizza buffets here started back up with serving yourself at pizza line, salad bar, & the line that has broasted chicken & sides. I was surprised that it is self serve already! Sounds like you are doing great with exercise!

@theslightedgeforever Good job getting more water in. I was doing a lot better with water & food before dd & gkids came. Was doing pretty good with steps, too, until my little accident. Oh well, I can always improve, lol. Right now, just not sure it is enough of a priority. & I am still down a few pounds from start of Covid.

@its_cleo Great job with the bike riding! Dd got my old bike out, so I should try riding it. Would kind of like a new one, but feel like I should be riding this one first!

Well, guess I need to get something else done, so better get busy! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• its_cleo
    @theslightedgeforever I hope you had fun at your Jeopardy night. I'm competitive too, I love smack talk. I talk a big game lol. I usually talk better than I play, no matter what the game is lol. But it's all fun.

@trooworld that's great about your oil change not taking so long. Most people are pretty good about the masks here. Our numbers have been going down so I'm optimistic....I think bc I worked from home even before the pandemic the gym was a quick way for me to get a change of scenery. And my gym was very calm...it's not a big chain. So it wasn't usually crowded or anything like that.

@TeresaW1020 I think they're afraid that people are just together in an enclosed space. All of our restaurants are still take out only. They are being very careful here. But there is a rumour floating around maybe mid July it will open. ...That is great you are doing livestream and get to be there. There is a church here that used to always stream their services- like people would go to the church, but they would just have a live stream too, I guess for people that have difficulty getting out...

Well I have at least wrestled my calories down a bit this week, so I think my weight will be down a little bit. It had crawled up to 161, I think I got it down to 159 ish.

Biked 24 kilometres again today.

I need new socks and it's the silliest thing because a lot of the stores are still closed here and the ones that are open have lines. So it's like I either go without, or go wait in a line, or order socks online in which case the mail fees would probably be equal to the socks lol. I might try a store tomorrow.

I've also really gotten into puzzles- @TeresaW1020 this puzzle site is great: https://www.seriouspuzzles.com/

I bought two and am still waiting for them to arrive.

Take care all.
  • its_cleo
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I'm really glad you got to spend some time with the gkids and everything is ok- ouch on the ankle though! I hope it heals ok....it's true what they say, you never forget how to ride a bike but I will say it gives you a sore butt in the beginning!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I see the problems with gyms. Too much equipment to sanitize. Think of all the individual dumbbells, barbells, water fountains, mats, tube bands, pen for sign in sheet, then there are individual lockers. The easy stuff would be the ellipticals, treadmills, and machines. It's all those other little stuff and who is responsible for this. Obviously not everyone is following the safety rules or there wouldn't be 2000000+ cases out there. Of course I'm a control freak and paranoid. So there's that. ;) How many no blue dot days did you have this week. Other than wine day, any patterns you see yet? Remember what you are working towards. Woohoo on getting 2 1/2/4 Smart move on the water. Why clog up our mind with non-essentials.

@trooworld I would use that oil change as freetime and sit and read a book where no one was around to bother me. Pick up a nice drink before hand. I hear you on the masks. My son always comes home when he goes out and tells me all about the same thing. I hope I'm on an upswing. Wait that wasn't very positive. Yes I'm on an upswing. Although the scale hasn't moved but I'm ignoring that right now and working on my habits. For some reason food has been a problem this week.

@retiredandlovingit Good to see you. Has cases stopped rising in your area? I ask ds and he says he doesn't keep track :rolls eyes: I hope your ankle gets better. I think anyone who has lost weight during covid deserves a big gold star. Kudos to you. I love pizza buffets but usually only go when I visit my kids. It's one of their favorites.

@its_cleo I had alot of fun at jeopardy but we lost again. GRRRR. by $300 We did get the final jeopardy question right and bet it all and at least caught up somewhat. The answer was pumpkin and I thought of @RetiredAndLovingIt Although I did miss one and should have listened to my teammates. Who would have thought hippos are a kind of pig. I said warthog. I think my answer makes more sense. lol I'm usually the one humming the Jeopardy theme song when the other team takes too long or I'm yelling Time Time We named ourselves Queen of hearts and all showed up on Zoom with red hearts on our face. I'm sure hubby thought it was childish. lol I had fun. Yaaay on wrestling down your weight. How many calories did that burn. :D I want a new bike. Although I think I have more padding now than when I was young for that sore butt.

Yellow Day- Went over 214/164 Intentional Movement: Rest Day

June goals: Green Dot Day :( Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 100 cals via intentional movement

1/2 c juice I forgot to add in and then had some stinking thinking. Well, I'm already over. So I after my game I had a bowl of cereal.

• trooworld
    Hi friends! It seems I was right to be concerned about my weigh-in: I did my official weigh-in this morning and am up a pound. :( Hopefully, next week will be better. I don't know if I mentioned, but since I went on that long walk near the lagoon, my knee's been giving out so I went to the doctor yesterday. He thinks I either pulled a muscle or strained a ligament. He said it should go away on its own within a few weeks but I need to stay off of it. He wants me to ride my bike and pedal it backward. The problem is that that bike has always hurt my lady parts (I never told you guys that, it's embarrassing but true!). I ordered a different seat last night and we'll see if that makes a difference. Right now, I can only tolerate the current seat for about 5 minutes.

Tonight, we are having game night over Zoom with some friends in NYC. Hopefully, it will be fun. No, strike that, it WILL be fun.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Well that's good. Ouch your poor ankle! I hope it gets better on its own and you don't have to go to the doctor. I prefer 70s too. I hope my sleep improves, too. It's a little better.

@its_cleo That's good that people are good about masks and your numbers are going down. Mostly, that's the case here, which is why I was shocked at the dealership. You are a biking queen now! Woo hoo! Enjoy your puzzles and good luck with the sock hunting.

@theslightedgeforever That's exactly what I did! lol A part of me was disappointed when they called my name early lol. I know you are on an upswing and the food will follow. :)

COMMITTED.