What's on your mind?

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    This virus is a creepazoid.
    The number of people getting tested ‘just incase’ with no symptoms but coming out positive trips me out.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    My mom is visiting for the weekend. My mom's and I relationship is strained and I haven't seen her since last year but I can't wait to hug her. This time apart has shown me differences can be put aside and to always be forgiving. A great reminder to love and hold the ones you cherish while they are still here on this earth.

@r3d_butt3rfly_ Super insight - especially with family. I hope you're having a wonderful time together :)

@mynameisnobody1990 Even though she brought my anxiety level up a notch, we had a good time I suppose. At least, when we weren't looking for her phone that she lost inside my house for two days 🤦‍♀️😂
  • Moi_jo
    Moi_jo Posts: 39 Member
    Lost 6lbs in a week am I gonna keep losing this week or put it back on?

I need a personal trainer or coach to whip me back into shape as soon as this covid shizney is over 🤔
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I despise when people come "at" me because they misunderstand something that was said or done.

It is not my fault you didn't keep your emotions in check long enough to realize what was being done and that it wasn't an affront to anyone, but merely something that needed to be done.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    Think I really need to make a trip to the hardware store. 😏
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    ja0scoyyerby.gif
  • somejaykid
    somejaykid Posts: 52 Member
    I shouldn't have bought doughnuts for dinner tonight now my stomach is mad at me :s
  • KosmosKitten
    Why must self care be so difficult some days? Bleh.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Dear Posters,

I want to ask you again to please adhere to the community guidelines (found here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines)

Of note:

12. Divisive topics work best in groups

I WILL:

I will use groups to post divisive topics.
    I will be proud of my diversity and respectful of the diversity of our global community.
    I will ask myself if my discussion is relevant only to a particular group, for example, a specific religion or political view, and post that content in an appropriate group.

I WON'T:

I won’t post divisive topics in the main forums.
    I won’t exclude any groups when posting in the main forums.
    I won’t post politics in the main forums.

I realize with current events many of us have alot on our minds, but this is not the best place to air your political grievances.

Thank you for your cooperation,
    4legs
    MFP volunteer moderator
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    I used to find Lisa annoying in The Simpsons, but now she is probably my favourite.

Disclaimer:
    I do not watch any episode after season 14-15.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I used to find Lisa annoying in The Simpsons, but now she is probably my favourite.

Disclaimer:
    I do not watch any episode after season 14-15.

Honestly, I have never thought The Simpson's were funny.
  • KosmosKitten
    1sphere wrote: »
    Maybe it shouldn’t be. I feel that self care should mean that we feel good because we’re doing the right things for ourselves. But it’s not easy to truly know what the right thing is

It is difficult when you have clinical depression and anxiety issues that keep you from functioning like a "normal" person. You know what you should do, but you find it incredibly hard to get there.. or to take care of things. It sucks. :(
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    le8pyuv2gqrs.gif
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    enh2pab0mx1x.jpeg
    💯
  • AyeRonnnn
    AyeRonnnn Posts: 50 Member
    Maybe it shouldn’t be. I feel that self care should mean that we feel good because we’re doing the right things for ourselves. But it’s not easy to truly know what the right thing is

It is difficult when you have clinical depression and anxiety issues that keep you from functioning like a "normal" person. You know what you should do, but you find it incredibly hard to get there.. or to take care of things. It sucks. :(

That def stinks, anxiety is hell, been there.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    I have a coworker who signs up for a lot of overtime shifts and then tries to give them away, often the day of. I think she does it so that, when supervisors walk around trying to get volunteers for the coming week, she can proudly say "I've already signed up!" and then not have to actually work it. It started getting on my nerves about the tenth time.

Also I heard Maneater was a pretty good game.
  • KosmosKitten
    AyeRonnnn wrote: »

That def stinks, anxiety is hell, been there.

Honestly, yeah. The anxiety is worse than the depressive states (for me). Mainly because I have no control over the heart-wrenching feelings that anxiety induces and it's hard to "calm down" from one of those episodes. Depression I can usually (not always) work through... but the anxiety.. the only way that dies down or goes away is with medication. :neutral: