Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Frustrating morning today. Woke feeling a little draggy. Then my work email password expired and I tried everything, but apparently there's no way to change it from home. Good thing I'm working in my office tomorrow. Did I mention we're not really set up to work remotely? Grrr. At least I was able to read message from Asst. Manager that she reviewed my recent project and it looked great. That was nice to hear, she doesn't compliment much.

Recap M 6/8
    1) Walk dog = 4.7 mi 1:23:24 & stretched B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor) = Fitbit 17,663 / 250+ 14/14 boom! 35 floors :smiley:
    3) Net calories green / 14c water = Net cals 224 :mrgreen: sodium & sugar green :mrgreen: fiber ok :neutral: protein lowish :/ 10c water :/
    4) Work from home :neutral: / watch recorded Facebook Live from Fri. :) and the one for M which I was unaware of :#
    5) Shingrix shot #2 at 3:30 :) / haircut & color 5:00 (YAY first time in nearly 4 months) :)
    6) One home chore :) / call L :smiley:
    7) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley:

JFT T 6/9 ~ have personal time scheduled starting 3 p.m. yay
    1) Walk dog = 3.8 mi 1:08:38 & stretched B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor)
    3) Net calories green / 14c water
    4) Work from home / organize papers & electronics & mask for working in office W / prep overnight oats, lunch/snacks & water bottle
    5) Massage appt. 3:30
    6) Grocery shop on way home / one home chore
    7) Floss / retainers

@Kuhl50 Well done on your achievement!

@pridesabtch Good luck and enjoy your bike ride!

Welcome to the newbies on JFT ~ this is the best thread ever for support and accountability without judgment. Hope you come back every day (or most days). :smiley:

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / started to reorg in basement June
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    3wk40x01efu7.jpeg
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body
    the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with
    the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:

01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻

JFT Tue 9 June:
      It’s been Windy and drizzly for days but the garden is still parched. Still mostly staying on plan.
      Daily goals:
      Weather still wet so stayed indoors
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷Mindfulness
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷98
      Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, aerobics
      Strength: > 10🌷general circuits
      Flex: >10🌷Gentle stretching
      Prelog: stay in the green 🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500😏 8626
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷11
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do today:
      🌷meditation✅🌷plan for shopping tomorrow ✅🌷
      🌷Talk with family on messenger ✅🌷Write journal✅🌷
      🌷Watch TV✅🌷Laundry ✅🌷
      🌷Birthday project for Grandson🌷
      🌷Crochet✅🌷

• maryrobinson40
      maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
      JFT - Sunday June 7
      1L of Water - 🙂
      Log all Food - 🙂
      Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Monday June 8
      1L of water
      Log all Food
      Gratitude Journal

@maryrobinson40 - it’s nice to see you. I don’t know how you can fast for 36 hours. Good for you.

@kuhl50 - you’re doing great. 2013 would put me where I am now. I think I want to be in 1997.😂

@littleblackskirt - financial worries seems to be my biggest issue constantly. I don’t know how to ever get it solved and I’m always trying to do it alone. I hope yours settles soon.

You're one of the best Sisters a girl like me can have. Thank you for caring so much about all of us. XOXOX
    • maryrobinson40
      maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
      Good morning everyone, long time no post!

I have been lurking and reading whilst away, but think it's now time to attempt to get posting again. I haven't been really feeling like making goals and putting pressure on myself during the lock-down as it's been a difficult time and I was quite enjoying giving myself a break for a bit. But I think, with lock-down dragging on (we aren't going back to the office until early July at the very earliest - could be lots later) I need to start making some goals again. But I will keep them simple!

I'm starting my new job next Monday - or at least I will be if HR ever get the contract sorted out. I'm having to exercise vast amounts of patience at the moment - my interview was the end of April and it STILL isn't all sorted. One of the reasons for the delay was actually a good one - the job I'm moving to was supposed to be a 12-month contract but my current boss kicked up a fuss about that because it meant that he could only recruit a 12-month person to replace me. The result has been that I'm getting a permanent role :) That's a good delay, the delay i'm now waiting for is just HR getting off their a%$ and sorting out the contract. Which really shouldn't be that hard, it just involves changing the name, salary and job title on the standard contract... but hey, everything takes ages in this place. Anyway, it WILL get sorted and I WILL be starting my new job soon! :)

Anyway, here are some simple goals for today:

- Stick to pre-logged food
      - Get out for a walk
      - Don't drink more than half a bottle of wine on Zoom call (alcohol consumption has gone up in lock-down - need to be careful on this)
      - Lights off by 11

😍👏🎈Congratulations on the new job! Awesome on the return to logging.