5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Replies

• ReflectivePhase
    ReflectivePhase Posts: 17 Member
    Such inspiration, i'm starting today 30lb to go by the end of summer hopefully
  • hels1804
    hels1804 Posts: 1 Member
    Bump!! :)
  • gcreardon
    gcreardon Posts: 13 Member
    Just want to say to those who have posted photos: y'all are inspiring. Thank you! I have a photo from my first weight loss sprint I use as inspiration (before I had some issues and gained everything back plus some).
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    30lbs down so far, a lot more to go but after years of trying, actually enjoying the process this time around

Great work! And what was your thesis about? Diversity in the British film industry? That looks fascinating!
  • LauraTGreen
    LauraTGreen Posts: 14 Member
    charmmeth wrote: »
    30lbs down so far, a lot more to go but after years of trying, actually enjoying the process this time around

Great work! And what was your thesis about? Diversity in the British film industry? That looks fascinating!

Yes gender diversity in the UK film music industry. It was only for my masters so it was quite hard to keep concise but fascinating area of research!
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    30lbs down so far, a lot more to go but after years of trying, actually enjoying the process this time around <3

5'10
    Blonder winter photos: about 122kg/19 st 4/ 270lbs
    Red head/ dress photos: about 108kg/17st 2/ 240lbs

e6m11022h52z.jpg
    yzk5mt14oe8w.jpg

Same starting weight here, what did you do to lose weight?
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member

Honestly, not much!
    In the past I have worked myself to the bone trying to lose weight but it never lasts. This time around I have just been very kind to myself. I track on MFP and aim for around 1800 cals a day but don't beat myself up if I go over every now and then. I keep my food mostly veg and fruits and stopped eating bread everyday because it was making me feel sluggish. I'm a vegan and I don't drink either so the food content side of things has been relatively easy for me it's the food QUANTITY I have had to work on.

I go for long walks around 2 hours or so a couple times a week. I am doing short 2 mile runs on and off a couple times a week too but I have an old ankle injury so not being too strict about that either. I'd say the biggest change I've made this time around is my mindset. I'm asking myself, will this food make me feel good? will this exercise make me feel good? and going from there :)

I love this. I also started with fairly generous calorie goals and increased activity (which was pretty easy since I was starting at zero). It sounds like you're kind of practicing mindful eating, which I think is a great way to build a healthy relationship with food. With regard to exercise, I've worked my way up to daily exercise, but still find myself unmotivated at times. Reminding myself how good I feel during and after a workout will usually get me up and moving. Anyway, I think you're doing a fabulous job, and it seems like you have a really positive strategy for getting healthy! If you are looking for more "friends" for motivation, feel free to add me. I wish you all the best!

• LauraTGreen
    LauraTGreen Posts: 14 Member

Honestly, not much!
    In the past I have worked myself to the bone trying to lose weight but it never lasts. This time around I have just been very kind to myself. I track on MFP and aim for around 1800 cals a day but don't beat myself up if I go over every now and then. I keep my food mostly veg and fruits and stopped eating bread everyday because it was making me feel sluggish. I'm a vegan and I don't drink either so the food content side of things has been relatively easy for me it's the food QUANTITY I have had to work on.

I go for long walks around 2 hours or so a couple times a week. I am doing short 2 mile runs on and off a couple times a week too but I have an old ankle injury so not being too strict about that either. I'd say the biggest change I've made this time around is my mindset. I'm asking myself, will this food make me feel good? will this exercise make me feel good? and going from there :)

I love this. I also started with fairly generous calorie goals and increased activity (which was pretty easy since I was starting at zero). It sounds like you're kind of practicing mindful eating, which I think is a great way to build a healthy relationship with food. With regard to exercise, I've worked my way up to daily exercise, but still find myself unmotivated at times. Reminding myself how good I feel during and after a workout will usually get me up and moving. Anyway, I think you're doing a fabulous job, and it seems like you have a really positive strategy for getting healthy! If you are looking for more "friends" for motivation, feel free to add me. I wish you all the best!

Yes, took me years but I have finally got the message that it is only sustainable if I enjoy the process! Have sent you a request :)
  • yuske05
    yuske05 Posts: 16 Member
    @takahiroki

We're currently the same dimensions, height and size, and I'm a skinny dude. You look great already and I'm sure you will accomplish losing more weight if you want. Congrats.
  • vivmiller08
    vivmiller08 Posts: 37 Member
    Bump
  • 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!