What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Homemade Szechuan takeaway. Di san xian and ma po tofu with sticky rice. Most recipe for di san xian call for deep frying the potato and aubergine. I tossed in oil and roasted in the air fryer.
    24ueqjg8hgmy.jpeg

Can you tell me how to make this tofu? I just bought some and need a recipe 😁
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Homemade Szechuan takeaway. Di san xian and ma po tofu with sticky rice. Most recipe for di san xian call for deep frying the potato and aubergine. I tossed in oil and roasted in the air fryer.

Can you tell me how to make this tofu? I just bought some and need a recipe 😁

This is the recipe I normally use. If you can't find the fermented bean chilli sauce Doubanjiang use any chilli sauce such as sriracha. If sourcing fermented dried black beans is difficult use black bean stir fry sauce from a regular supermarket. If that is too challenging add two chopped anchovies. If you can't source szechuan peppercorns use regular pepper.

https://www.chinasichuanfood.com/mapo-tofu-recipe/
  • acpgee
    And if you are a vegetarian use quorn mince instead of beef or pork mince.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Ravioli. 1zg7mwl3q6x5.jpg
  • acpgee
    Made Chinese again. Leftover di san xian from yesterday. Sweet and sour chicken. Rice.
    cnuuvi1h6lap.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Weekend Summer Grilling // Semblance of Normalcy

Tonight (Saturday), grilled hot dogs (a little crispy but good), tomato-basil salad (store tomatoes, but basil from our hydroponic unit), mayo-less potato-veg salad. Feeling more like normal and less like virus lockdown.

151f77u3ztz8.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Cooked so much over the weekend.
    baba ganoush, coleslaw, salads, bbq chicken wings, lentil curry, ratatouille, spinach and chickpea stew!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    6cmkxyy0vb6g.jpg
    Shirataki noodle bowl with greens, mixed veg, Bragg's, Sriracha, cilantro, and crispy baked tofu
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2020
    Leftover Beef Pigar Pigar Approximation

I posted a barbeque baked chuck roast last evening. Tonight I processed the leftovers into an ad hoc version of "pigar pigar," a sauteed beef with cabbage and onions dish from the Philippines (but similar to other Asian beef with cabbage dishes). Of course, having only red cabbage on hand added an interesting color to the dish. Served over brown rice. MFP approximates about 270 cals per serving of the beef dish, with 28g protein, 12g fat and 12g carb, but 747 mg sodium; rice is extra. About 40 minutes start to served. Pretty tasty.

1. on the stovetop, at completion.
    2. served on rice.

1x8hge0xnkge.jpg

7sdqmavj4jak.jpg

• chiquitayaya
    chiquitayaya Posts: 10 Member
    I made a luscious spaghetti sauce with sausage meatballs and fresh basil on top, and stir fried zoodles with a little garlic, herbs and olive oil. About 1.5 cups of sauce and 2 cups of noodles. Very satisfying and I didn’t miss pasta at all.
  • acpgee
    Chinese leftovers for breakfast. Leftover rice went back into the rice cooker to be converted to congee, topped with last night's stir fry of chicken with asparagus.
    ojp3d275bvrb.jpg

• snowflake954
    Pasta w pesto and zucchini.nthha7kujnp8.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Made salmon, broccoli and salad for dinner.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I made cheeseburgers and leftover fried risotto "cakes" for dinner last night. Not the healthiest meal, but my fiance requested burgers and the risotto needed used before it went bad.
  • acpgee
    rhaiin wrote: »
    I made cheeseburgers and leftover fried risotto "cakes" for dinner last night. Not the healthiest meal, but my fiance requested burgers and the risotto needed used before it went bad.

Arancini is great for using up risotto, but a lower calorie alternative for using up leftovers is stuffed portobellos or peppers. Sprinkle with cheese and warm up under the broiler.
  • snowflake954
    edited June 2020
    e8ivf3my7u9f.jpg
    Pasta w chickpeas.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta w mixed mushrooms, chopped tomato, and grated zucchini.cy1spipa4yyz.jpg
  • acpgee
    Dinner was a mash up Italian/American pasta alla vodka and Sicilian pasta alla Norma. Essentially sauce for penne alla vodka with a cubed air fried aubergine tossed into it, and served on my favourite shape, linguine. Green salad afterwards.
    0warupe6m78t.jpeg
    5d8b266qg3gh.jpeg