Intermittent fasting buddies?

My doctor recommended this long ago and i did for a while. I've been out of work since January and I've gained (back) about 20 lb. Years ago I lost 90 lbs and have kept it off despite my health issues.

Replies

• sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    i’ve been practising IF for a few months now and it’s helped me keep the weight off. i see most results with 16/8 but i’ve heard of people who start off with 12/12 first before going further. i struggled with 16/8 at first but adapted after about 2 weeks. now, i don’t feel the need to overeat at all. i highly recommend it 💪
  • SuzieQ136
    SuzieQ136 Posts: 38 Member
    I’ve been practicing IF for a little over 3 months. I try to stick to 16:8 and it’s been a game changer for me! Cravings are so much less! I’m down 35 pounds with 31 left to reach my goal. Feel free to add me if you’d like.
    Best,
    Sue
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    I started IF (16:8) at the end of 2019 and I was losing weight solely because my calorie intake had decreased. I wasn’t eating as healthy as I should have been but the weight was coming off. I was down 22 pounds almost out of the 200s and then came COVID-19 and I have gained back about 7 pounds. I would definitely recommend IF as a lifestyle change.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Hi,
    I’ve been doing 20:4 IF with OMAD or TMAD since 10/1/19. I’ve found it to work for me, mostly because it gets me away from thinking about those 6 small meals everyday. My old way seemed like I was always thinking about food.
    I’ve lost 35 pounds since 1/1/20. I still try to maintain my calorie and nutrition goals but I’m not always successful.
    Some days it’s a balanced meal and some days it bourbon and bacon.
  • Vosillus
    Vosillus Posts: 1 Member
    I would love an IF buddy if anyone wants to set a few goals and share their progress? Finding it a bit hard all by myself with no accountability? I have done the daily fast regime skipping breakfast for 2 weeks but with some major slip ups. I’d love to do a 24 hour fast to reset but feel I need some one to hold my hand 🤪
  • hbrookens
    hbrookens Posts: 20 Member
    @Vosillus I just started IF 16:8 two days ago and I struggle with staying on track. I’m superstar short term, then fizzle and regain it all! I’m new to MFP and haven’t quite gotten the hang of how to post. I’ve figured out how to read and reply though🤷🏻‍♀️😅
  • RoyalTenenbaum
    RoyalTenenbaum Posts: 6 Member
    I just started IF 16:8 this weekend. I'm fasting between 8 PM and noon the next day. So far, it's been OK. I used to have a small breakfast (whole wheat english muffin, turkey sausage patty, slice of cheese, cranberry juice) every morning between 8 and 9 AM. I feel a little hungry after waking up, but I start working (from home) at 10 AM. Noon shows up pretty quickly after my busy mornings and once I have lunch, the rest of the day pretty much flies by. I try to have dinner at 7 PM so I can work out for 30 mins at 8 PM and wind my day down. Getting rid of random snacks (chips, cereal, etc) has been a big help to avoid the urge to snack and break my fast.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    I've been doing 16:8 combined with low carb for a little less than 2 weeks and have lost over 10 lbs. I'm sure it's mostly water weight, but it's still encouraging to see the numbers go down. SW 188, CW 177. I still get pretty hungry in the morning while I'm waiting for my eating window, but I've found that once I'm in my eating window, I'm not as hungry as I thought I was.
  • Dobbythefreelef
    Dobbythefreelef Posts: 32 Member
    Anybody doing 5:2?
  • JesseRamirezIII
    JesseRamirezIII Posts: 16 Member
    I've been doing IF for 5 months, and it doesn't feel like it. I started out while simultaneously doing exercise and counting calories. I was able to adjust to it within 2-3 days. I have lost 40 pounds by not restricting any foods that I normally eat (vegetarian). I still eat pizza, burgers, fried stuff, and was drinking alcohol as well. These past two months I haven't lost anything, and have plateaued. In order to keep my progress going, I have quit the alcohol. Hopefully, I can see results in the coming weeks! If anyone would like to add me, I am very active on MFP diary. I would like to see other people's progress other than my own. Feel free to add me!