Maintenance

I’m currently 1 week into maintenance after bulking at 2500 calories... im now eating 2050 calories and Im struggling to adjust. I constantly feel hungry and an wondering is losing body fat even worth it😩

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    It's hard to do any kind of a cut. Give it time. A week isn't really long enough for me when I drop calories.

Do you know for a fact that 2050 is your Maintenance calories?

• jesshanley12
    jesshanley12 Posts: 29 Member
    No my actual maintenance calories are around 1900-2000 according to website calculations however my fibit tracks around 2000-2100 on average per day
  • jesshanley12
    *fitbit
  • cmriverside
    Did you use those numbers for a while? I know that MFP underestimates my calories for Maintenance by about 400-500 calories.

I don't know how long you've used this site and its numbers - it could be wrong for you too. Give it another week and see if you get less hungry.
  • cmriverside
    You could also play around with the types of food. If I eat too many carbs or anything sweet I'll be a lot hungrier. If I make sure to get plenty of protein and vegetables and I get some exercise every day I have no problems.
  • jesshanley12
    Yeah i found that when i was bulking mtp predicted too few calories and I wasnt gaining weight so on my bulk I decided to eat 2500 which was higher than they suggested. It might be that Im adjusting to eating 500 calories less than im used to.