Inspo for people that lost and gained again -post here-

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    It took me about three years to get from 168 to 109lbs. Then I gained 7 lbs and stayed at 116 for a couple of years. This last year during the holidays I went crazy and would binge daily, multiple times a day. I went back up to 132 and am now fighting to lose it again. Unfortunately, this time around I'm five-ish years older and it's a struggle.

It sucks to feel like you made it to the end and now have to fight for it all over again. But the silver lining is that you know you can do it because you have before.

That five-ish years between attempts made a difference for me, too. I have no clue how I managed to get so much weight off, so quickly when I was 26, and how I managed 5am workouts...
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Omg, omg, omg, thanks for the thread and support Mita271!!

Reading through all your stories it made me fell less alone my fellow re-gainers ヽ(◕◡◕)ノ

I lost and regained 30 kgs/63 lbs, but now I'm starting to keep healthy habits and daily logging again.

These past 3 years have been a struggle of yo-yo dieting, gaining and losing 5 or 10 lbs (probably the same as some of you) until starting to gain steadily the past 7 months. (⊙△⊙)

Now I am losing less aggresively than when I was younger, but so far I have been very happy with my new nutritional plan that allows me to feel satisfied and replenished. It's going to be long and hard to be back in shape (I was ready for a marathon back then, now I can barely run 30 min ლ(´﹏`ლ) lol), but at least thanks to my previous experience I could create a better lifelong plan I can follow.

As other fellow mentioned, don't ever be discouraged, if you managed to do it once you can do it again, and now more smartly. We're going to make it!! (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

No problem ! Im glad it’s helping many to know that we are not alone at all !
    Good luck on ur journey and stay strong
    You can do it for sure !!
    Good luck to all of you 🙂
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    bump
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    I haven't gained back a bunch, bouncing between 6-8 lbs, but now is the time to get it under control.

I know what happened, I got cocky and started eating things I shouldn't be eating because it was only a few times a week, after all , I had lost 10 under my goal weight without even trying. Boy did that bite me in the backside...

So it's back to what/how I should be eating. I feel better too when I stay on my new "lifestyle" of eating.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Ideally, I'd love to have a life where I didn't need to measure/track things but clearly that doesn't work for me if I also want to be healthy. Perhaps this is just a reality that I need to accept. That, and I need to workout more frequently than once-in-awhile!

I really resonate with this! I am also a bit shaken by how fast things can change. After a chocolate-and-alcohol-free Lent, including going into lockdown, I weighed 81 kg just before Easter. Then I binged on Easter eggs and - voilá - just a few weeks later I was 88.3 kg. It's coming off now (down to 85.1 kg this morning), but I really wish I had started logging at Easter. Then I'd be near my goal weight now instead of 10 kg off.
  • coolblackcat
    coolblackcat Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2020
    charmmeth wrote: »
    Ideally, I'd love to have a life where I didn't need to measure/track things but clearly that doesn't work for me if I also want to be healthy. Perhaps this is just a reality that I need to accept. That, and I need to workout more frequently than once-in-awhile!

I really resonate with this! I am also a bit shaken by how fast things can change. After a chocolate-and-alcohol-free Lent, including going into lockdown, I weighed 81 kg just before Easter. Then I binged on Easter eggs and - voilá - just a few weeks later I was 88.3 kg. It's coming off now (down to 85.1 kg this morning), but I really wish I had started logging at Easter. Then I'd be near my goal weight now instead of 10 kg off.

I relate too. I though after losing weight I though I developped a skill to estimate Cal. it turns out I didn't lol.

Well my fellas after the first two weeks I've lost 1.5 kg/3.3 lbs, I have indulged in some temptations but so far I try to eat healthy till I am full to avoid the cravings.

Don't give up, we can do it!! (◕◡◕)ノ

• whtmiwtg4
    whtmiwtg4 Posts: 8 Member
    Oh my, I know how it feels. I lost 50 pounds and have gained it all back. I am struggling to get motivated. I am exercising regularly, but my eating is out of control.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    I lost ~40. Slowly put on a couple pounds over a few years but still a healthy weight and confident in that size.

Had 2 children in less than 2 years and am a bit above my original high weight now 6 months postpartum. So back to square 1 looking to lose 40lbs again. Le sigh.

Love the inspiration.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Urgh. I'm here too, lost 20lbs (mostly from my stomach and podgy arms) last year. Gained it back.. oddly enough on my thighs and butt. Now not even my bigger clothes look right as i'm big in different places! Not only super odd but super aggravating :( Back to loosing again..

P.s has anyone else experienced this odd change in weight distribution?

Yes on the weight distribution change! I've been heavy most of my life and it was just kind of all over. 4 years ago I lost 100 lbs and since then have put most of it back on. My face and upper body are definitely thinner than before and my hips are way bigger!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Over here! Me too! I hit my highest weight 5 years ago. The only reason I knew the number was because I got pregnant and had to see a doctor. After I had my son I decided to get healthy and lost 100 lbs through diet and some exercise. I wasn't at goal but felt really good. Then I got pregnant with my second child and started putting on weight which continued even after she was born! I put about 70lbs back on. So I'm 2 months into my current attempt at losing the weight for good!
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Urgh. I'm here too, lost 20lbs (mostly from my stomach and podgy arms) last year. Gained it back.. oddly enough on my thighs and butt. Now not even my bigger clothes look right as i'm big in different places! Not only super odd but super aggravating :( Back to loosing again..

P.s has anyone else experienced this odd change in weight distribution?

Yes on the weight distribution change! I've been heavy most of my life and it was just kind of all over. 4 years ago I lost 100 lbs and since then have put most of it back on. My face and upper body are definitely thinner than before and my hips are way bigger!

I wonder if that's very common for re-gain? I regained about fifty pounds, having gone from 250 to 125 then back
    up to 170 and now losing again. It seems like all the weight has shifted downward. I used to be very proportionally heavy, no real area was disproportionately larger than any other area, but now it seems like almost everything is in my legs.